Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

All for for rd2 except Jacobs who’s forked

Delicious. Real squeeze for spots.

From Rd 1 side we'd have Daw in for Murphy.
Then let's say LDU instead of Ahern.

Then plenty of options based of form from there.
So spewing the breaks gonna be so long 😢😢

Shorter games will really suit our bash and crash style this year tho. Goldy can basically ruck 100% of the game and cunners and that would be on the ground for much longer than usual. 👌👌💪💪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our media department are still around obviously not all of them but enough to provide an injury report status weekly

Demanding a weekly ‘injury report status’.
Do you not realise what has happened/is happening in the world right now?

“Hello, Mrs Zurharr, I realise it’s only been six days since we last spoke, but given that Cam is over there in WA with you, I’ll need a bit of an ‘injury report status’ on how that sprained ankle is travelling, please.
Is it looking like he’s one or two weeks away from getting back on the park?
Yes, I realise the season is still nine weeks away from potentially starting again, but I have members demanding updates.
Yes, I agree, they do need to get a grip on reality & perhaps find a lockdown hobby for the meantime. I’ll pass that on.
Thankyou for your time Mrs Z.
Yes, it has been testing for all of us. I myself am the only media employee left out of the eight of us, since everybody else was stood down & im only working 2.5 days a week as is.
Gotta keep the members informed though!
Thanks again.”

^ Poor example he’s not even injured
Nothing to report on there

only the blokes currently in rehab which is like 8 players
Hit em up on social media mate. I'm sure they won't mind.

^ Poor example he’s not even injured
Nothing to report on there

only the blokes currently in rehab which is like 8 players
Mate, just drop it. Seriously, what about this situation screams business as usual to you? They don't even know when round 2 is going to be, and you demand weekly injury updates. Just accept that this part of life is on pause for a moment.

The whole side could have both arms broken right now and it wouldn't make a lick of difference. Doubt there will be any more football this year.

If the players were smart they would be taking to their instagram/youtube accounts and doing it themselves.

More of a media presence = potential increase in contract and sponsorship deals. Look at Zurhaar. He has character. Look at Grima before him. He said one thing after kicking a goal against * and he was an overnight sensation.

I'm no marketing guru but uploading weekly home workout videos, blogging, or injury updates is literally money in the bank. You never know when you might want to pivot into that area post footy.

As well as LDU, Perez and Josh Walker
LDU knew I missed one-need an update on him

Walker is fine was just whiplash and said the next day he was back to normal

Perez was aiming full training last month, so assume he is fine, did his acl in jan last year so now 15 months post he’d be full training

With this extended break, Kyron must be a big chance to be ready to go upon the Club returning to full training in maybe 2-3 weeks time, deserves an uninterrupted run at it this time around, would be a good 21st birthday present for him to be back in contention for senior duty.

I reckon I saw LDU maybe 2 weeks ago galloping the Rye oval. Might not have been him, kinda just thought it seemed like him. If he's had his ears lowered then I reckon it was him just a little bit more

From https://www.afl.com.au/news/432708/injury-update-who-is-racing-the-clock-for-round-two-
North Melbourne

Captain Jack Ziebell has declared himself ready to go despite sustaining a high-grade medial ligament strain in the Roos' season opener. Paul Ahern (hamstring) could also be available, while Ed Vickers-Willis is nearing a return from his ACL setback and Josh Walker (concussion) is fine. Kayne Turner (sesamoid fracture under left big toe) was originally out until at least late June and remains without an official timetable. Luke Davies-Uniacke (groin), Kyron Hayden (Achilles) and Flynn Perez are in the same boat. There's no update on Ben Jacobs (concussion), either. The only fresh injury is to Charlie Comben's back and his return date is to be confirmed, while Marley Williams has two weeks to serve on his suspension. - Marc McGowan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back