The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
2020 is a year that has been marred by the coronavirus outbreak across the globe however 2020 was also the year the Suns were meant to celebrate their 10th Season in the AFL.

I will be commencing a series of articles to post on 'The Roar' about our 10 years and will start with the coaching candidates not only at the beginning however across the board every time we have had to name a new coach.

The club was formed on April 22nd 2008 and I hereby declare it SUNS Day. April 22 is now the chance to celebrate what it means to be part of the great club. I'd encourage us all to stand back and realise how proud and lucky we are to be part of the football club whether we have been directly involved or as an outsider supporting the football club.

Anyway going on the Coaching Candidates:

2011-
Michael Voss (Former Brisbane Lions Coach)
Guy McKenna

2014- Replacing Guy McKenna
Brendon Bolton (Former Carlton Coach)
Luke Beveridge (WB Coach)
Andrew Lovell
Dean Solomon
Rodney Eade (Ruled himself out but was given the position)
Mark Thompson (Former Geelong/Essendon Coach)
Brett Ratten (Former Carlton Coach now St Kilda Coach)
Leign Tudor
Scott Burns

2017- Replacing Rodney Eade
Stuart Dew
John Barker
Scott Burns
Adam Kingsley
Peter Sumich
Gary Ayres (Former Geelong and Adelaide Coach)
Brendan McCartney (Former Western Bulldogs Coach)
Ken Hinkley (Current Port Adelaide Coach)

Last edited:
Should also be mentioned that towards the end of 2012 the board seriously considered replacing Guy McKenna with then-assistant coach Ken Hinkley. They decided to stick with Bluey though and Hinkley has been with Port Adelaide ever since.

Should also be mentioned that towards the end of 2012 the board seriously considered replacing Guy McKenna with then-assistant coach Ken Hinkley. They decided to stick with Bluey though and Hinkley has been with Port Adelaide ever since.
But could be said, somewhat disappointing in his tenure there.

Yes, Despite beating us in Round 1 which may never even officially exist if this shitshow of a pandemic has its way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back