FTA-TV Offsiders

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
After what felt like 20 minutes on Kyrgios they mentioned his next opponent is #1 Nadal. Made sense, they won't be able to talk about him next week.

Under 23 team making the Olympics being talked up as a big gain for Australian soccer was amusing.

Last edited:
So the two major sports in this country should be ignored when they have actual events occurring? I'm not talking about wall-to-wall coverage, I'm just suggesting that they shouldn't be completely ignored.
What they have to discuss them every week when it’s the quietest month of the year for one and the third (at least) level comp for the other? And during a small 2 week period during one of the 4 biggest tennis tournaments in the world!

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
What they have to discuss them every week when it’s the quietest month of the year for one and the third (at least) level comp for the other? And during a small 2 week period during one of the 4 biggest tennis tournaments in the world!
e132cac52b3708bf6a16b6b38144ab3e.jpg

I meant back during the trade period and the draft when the AFL should have been but wasn't mentioned, and right now the BBL is happening, and I'll guarantee more people care about that than the bloody under 23 soccer team

I meant back during the trade period and the draft when the AFL should have been but wasn't mentioned, and right now the BBL is happening, and I'll guarantee more people care about that than the bloody under 23 soccer team
BBL over the Olympics?? BBL is dead in the water, has only a few more years before it’s dumped. Already receives saturation coverage.

And would you want to hear about NRL transfers?

BBL over the Olympics?? BBL is dead in the water, has only a few more years before it’s dumped. Already receives saturation coverage.

And would you want to hear about NRL transfers?
NRL doesn't have a transfer period as such, so a bit more difficult to say how that would work, but it would be reasonable to discuss if something like that happened during the off season.

And yes, of course BBL over the bloody Olympics, the Olympics will get their turn later on this year.

NRL doesn't have a transfer period as such, so a bit more difficult to say how that would work, but it would be reasonable to discuss if something like that happened during the off season.

And yes, of course BBL over the bloody Olympics, the Olympics will get their turn later on this year.
And what all the qualifying for the Olympics is not relevant? You get your daily fix and you still want more! Must be a millenial.

And yes yes Bomberboyokay you dislike...we get it.

And what all the qualifying for the Olympics is not relevant? You get your daily fix and you still want more! Must be a millenial.

And yes yes Bomberboyokay you dislike...we get it.
Not to the extent that the warrants the time spent on it this morning.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Will it be like this every week until the Women's T20 World Cup is over? :|

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Bomberboy really doesn't like women.

False. I have little interest in glorified semi-pros. If Offsiders gave significant time to country speedway I'd be similarly disinterested.

Incidentally, Supercars started this weekend and they didn't mention it.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2006
Gold Coast/Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Phillip Island Bulldogs/Lions AFLW
Disappointing attempt at rationalising paycuts to professional athletes by Gideon and Alister. Yes Kelly went for the simple Centrelink sound-bite, but to falsely equivilate the Buddys of the world still taking home $500k plus but "living within their means" i.e. paying off their 3rd investment property mortgage with the many thousands looking at how to keep a roof over their head, hungry mouths fed and grandma not dead was lazy and callous.

Disappointing attempt at rationalising paycuts to professional athletes by Gideon and Alister. Yes Kelly went for the simple Centrelink sound-bite, but to falsely equivilate the Buddys of the world still taking home $500k plus but "living within their means" i.e. paying off their 3rd investment property mortgage with the many thousands looking at how to keep a roof over their head, hungry mouths fed and grandma not dead was lazy and callous.
No it wasn't, they were simply pointing out that players can't just give up half their salary without batting an eyelid. I reckon they thought that it goes without saying that they the players are better off placed than most people so didn't bother saying it. I never got the feeling that they were expecting people to feel sorry for the players, just to put it into context. No one wants to lose their house.

Oct 3, 2006
Gold Coast/Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Phillip Island Bulldogs/Lions AFLW
No it wasn't, they were simply pointing out that players can't just give up half their salary without batting an eyelid. I reckon they thought that it goes without saying that they the players a.re better off placed than most people so didn't bother saying it. I never got the feeling that they were expecting people to feel sorry for the players, just to put it into context. No one wants to lose their house.

Well they didn't do a very good job of it; they were both very quick to jump on Kelly for contrasting those who have been kicked to the curb lining up to register for newstart with the players - inclusive of Riewoldt, Danger and co who were very keen to push back on the proposed short-term pay cut.

Feb 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I thought the pay dispute discussion was pretty balanced.

Alistair Nicholson is a bit in denial about when footy returns, though. All this current talk about footy playing through to December is (meat) pie in the sky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back