Sweet Reality Presents: Stuff I have cooked and shared recipe thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lost me at Black Pudding!! 😆😆.. the rest of it sounds magnificent.
There is a magnificent European Deli in Plenty Valley (I live in Doreen so it's a tad closer than Fitzroy!!) that imports excellent products from Spain and Italy..

Oh well I best not post up my Trippa Parmigiana recipe.

Oct 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
OOB
We should have a round theme.

'5 ingredients or less'
Yeah we’ll have a few themed rounds as well, but I thought we’d kick it off with an open round and go from there.
I was also thinking rather than make it an elimination we could just have a weekly winner and get some kind of point system. Anyway we shall see where it goes

Try coating the chook in a tandoori paste, then placing a tray of mixed veges under the rack. The tandoori paste and chicken juices drip over and baste the veges as they cook.
Pain in the arse cleaning the racks afterwards, but the flavour is worth it.
Ah, you're already speaking my language. It's one I've already tried!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Awesome. I’ve checked the freezer and pantry supplies and so forth and I’ve got a good litre or so of frozen fish stock that I made from snapper bones and your usual leek/onion/celery/carrot aromatics. I’m thinking a seafood risotto might be nice tomorrow (since the market is shut on Mondays).

A Bogan food round for you?

If we are going to do a bogun food roumd, my 'chip sim' will fit in nicely!! 😆😆

20190913_184856.jpg

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
Just easing into it guys and girls.

First up was my ‘standard’ chicken parm.

Chicken breast (skinless)
Panko bread crumbs.
Homemade sauce for the base. Sauce consists of caramelised shallots, garlic and not much else apart from tomatoes. Simpler the better IMO.
Next up i chop short cut bacon and pre cook it, I always pre cook all my ingredients, especially on pizza but more on that later, it’s revolutionary, keep it between us yeah?

Bacon goes on then I use a mixture of mozzarella, colby and caciocavallo cheeses on the top. Fresh parsley to garnish served on a bed of either garlic mash or twice cooked home fries.
Salad in the back because health.
Candles for romance.
D8A93AE4-8AD8-4180-A274-A05410FB5625.jpeg

Next up we have my famous chicken Caesar.
Mixture of cos and iceberg lettuce.
Poached eggs.
Chicken tenderloins on the grill.
Bacon
Red cabbage
Cucumber
Avocado
And a nice sourdough garlic loaf.
Oh I miss bread so much 😢 This pic was taken years ago and I’ve since started making my own caesar dressing. Was a lazy campaigner on this particular night.
Forgot the candles.
Slept on the couch.
A6991710-79E3-43C4-8E44-418D42BF2239.jpeg

One of my personal favs and very easy to make is this chow mein with flat rice noodles.
So simple to prepare and only a few ingredients needed.
Flat rice noodles
Premium mince but I grind my own fresh. Chuck and brisket are great but sometimes I use rump.
Bok choy
Spring onions
Bit of garlic.
Curry powder and a couple other tidbits..
BANG!
Get this in ya gob.

F714A9CC-D04A-487E-A0B9-E890671C5373.jpeg

I do all the cooking, so I’m not just a pretty face. 👌🏻

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
OOB
Curried Sausages
Ingredients:
12 Sausages
2 medium brown onions

6 Large Potatoes
2 cloves garlic
1 Tablespoons curry powder
2-3 tablespoons any kind of flour
chilli to taste

ABDF9ADA-1BD1-42FE-AC51-8330ABA57065.jpeg

This is a fairly basic recipe I use and adapt depending on what I've got in the cupboard.

I've made it with chicken thighs, drumsticks, Lamb and veggies although with the lamb I used a different curry powder and I marinated the meat first.

Instead of potatoes I've used yams, carrots, chic peas, lentils whatever.

Today I don't have garlic so I've used 1 teaspoon of my go to garlic powder (if you have never used it it is a game changer)

1. Peel potatoes and cut into 1cm cubes and par boil them

2. Roughly cut onions I do it as I'm cooking the meat

3. Cook off the meat in a hot pan in small batches making sure you get plenty of colour on the meat and in the pan. Make sure you don't catch the bottom of the pan as that sticky goodness makes awesome flavour for the next step Once cooked remove the meat and put it on a plate to cool

4. Cook onions until they are soft AND sweet on a very low heat. Using a wooden spoon make sure you stir them well at the start to get all the sticky good stuff left by the meat off the bottom of the pot

5. Add in curry powder and stir for 30 seconds until you can smell the goodness

6. add the flour and stir for another 30 seconds

7. Add the par boiled potatoes and stir for a bit then add a dash of the stock and stir until you can see the potatoes absorb some of the juice

8. Add the meat back in stir then add the rest of the stock cook for 45 minutes until the sauce is thick like gravy

Serve with rice generally but whatever you like really.

7AD9D3D1-4109-419E-BDDA-5EA1FF3D182F.jpeg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Cook a chicken schnitzel, whack it under the grill with some Sacla cherry tomato sauce, ham and mozzarella, cook up some chips, pile the parma on the chips, place two sunny side up runny eggs on top and gravy to finish.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Grab a sheet of puff pastry. Whack on a slice of ham, a chicken breast, more ham, I add mushroom and spinach, handful of tasty cheese, fold the pastry up into a parcel (use some extra pastry if you need to so you can seal the parcel). Cook at 200 for minutes or until pastry has risen and is browned. Cover with gravy.

Sometimes, I like to make a pizza variation using tomato paste, diced ham, olives, mushroom, pineapple with the chicken. No gravy required.

Sep 6, 2009
FNQ
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Bears
Grab a sheet of puff pastry. Whack on a slice of ham, a chicken breast, more ham, I add mushroom and spinach, handful of tasty cheese, fold the pastry up into a parcel (use some extra pastry if you need to so you can seal the parcel). Cook at 200 for minutes or until pastry has risen and is browned. Cover with gravy.

Sometimes, I like to make a pizza variation using tomato paste, diced ham, olives, mushroom, pineapple with the chicken. No gravy required.

Liked for the pineapple

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Filth Floater

Grab two meat pies from the freezer, whack 'em in the oven. Any flavour will do but prefer beef. When cooked, stack on top of each other in a bowl. Cover with a heated tin of beaked beans. Sauce to taste.

Sep 6, 2009
FNQ
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Bears
I make simple pasties, just get a random bag of frozen veg, a kilo or so of premium beef mince, chunk of cabbage, onion and garlic. Put all the veg on the big cutting board grab and sharpen the sudoku knife or whatever it is called and choppy choppy! Till all the veg components are very small(might want to thaw out the frozen veg first but) then place in a big bowl, add the mince, salt pepper chilli powder etc. make sure your hands are clean and start massaging veg and mince until an even flow. Spread a sheet of pastry down, baste with olive oil and apply veg/mince in a roll formation. Wrap formation with pastry and seal, baste top with more olive oil, put gill slits on the top sides with knife and then rinse and repeat until veg/mince mix is used up. I usually have 5-6 using the common or garden frozen pastry sheets from the supermarket. Place in baking dish, I use two. Put in pre-heated(200 degrees) and bake for 40-50 minutes. Our current family of 4 gets 2 meals out of it, tastes good after refrigerating the leftovers

Curried Sausages
Ingredients:
12 Sausages
2 medium brown onions

6 Large Potatoes
2 cloves garlic
1 Tablespoons curry powder
2-3 tablespoons any kind of flour
chilli to taste

View attachment 849578

This is a fairly basic recipe I use and adapt depending on what I've got in the cupboard.

I've made it with chicken thighs, drumsticks, Lamb and veggies although with the lamb I used a different curry powder and I marinated the meat first.

Instead of potatoes I've used yams, carrots, chic peas, lentils whatever.

Today I don't have garlic so I've used 1 teaspoon of my go to garlic powder (if you have never used it it is a game changer)

1. Peel potatoes and cut into 1cm cubes and par boil them

2. Roughly cut onions I do it as I'm cooking the meat

3. Cook off the meat in a hot pan in small batches making sure you get plenty of colour on the meat and in the pan. Make sure you don't catch the bottom of the pan as that sticky goodness makes awesome flavour for the next step Once cooked remove the meat and put it on a plate to cool

4. Cook onions until they are soft AND sweet on a very low heat. Using a wooden spoon make sure you stir them well at the start to get all the sticky good stuff left by the meat off the bottom of the pot

5. Add in curry powder and stir for 30 seconds until you can smell the goodness

6. add the flour and stir for another 30 seconds

7. Add the par boiled potatoes and stir for a bit then add a dash of the stock and stir until you can see the potatoes absorb some of the juice

8. Add the meat back in stir then add the rest of the stock cook for 45 minutes until the sauce is thick like gravy

Serve with rice generally but whatever you like really.

View attachment 849592

That looks awesome mate. Any type of snags??

Filth Floater

Grab two meat pies from the freezer, whack 'em in the oven. Any flavour will do but prefer beef. When cooked, stack on top of each other in a bowl. Cover with a heated tin of beaked beans. Sauce to taste.

Magnificent!!

Bloke food at it's best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back