Is this the longest precursor to Round 2 ever

giphy.gif

Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Rd1 2020 Starting Mids.png

Apart from Tich these were/are my starting premium mids. I figured the first three were more likely to average 120+ than any other players and Cogs could go 10 pts higher than last year.

Remains to be seen, certainly week one was pretty underwhelming. It gives me great confidence though, that the Rd 1 leaders aren't there to stay. A lot of unsustainable picks amongst the top 25 teams. They better hope that these four players struggle because only 7 have Macrae; 9 have Coniglio; 1 has Dunkley and 1 has Kelly.

They are going to need Neale, Cripps and Viney to keep it up for their teams to keep scoring well.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Only a few more weeks to go (Hopefully). Hang in there

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
This is what 99.9% of teams will look like if reset to unlimited trades.

Smith, Houston, Doch, Howe, Noble, Young (Brander, Starcevich)

Macrae, Taranto, Coniglio, Titch, Viney, Rowell, Anderson, Pickett (Brown, McInerney)

Grundy, Naismith (Cameron)

Dusty, Wingard, Petracca, Smith, Bewley, Taylor (Budarick, King)

Utility: some scrub

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
In the context of the upcoming resumption obviously...

any injuries / players likely to be pushed out by returning players
Oh plenty
I'd be surprised if the following players in my squad are still playing R2
Cumming (on field), Green (on field), T.Brown, Mcinerney, Cavarra, C.Jones (on field), Budarick

My 3 trades are definitely going to be boring rookie fixes.

Piker

Debutant
Jan 31, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Oh plenty
Cumming (on field), Green (on field), T.Brown, Mcinerney, Cavarra, C.Jones (on field), Budarick

Same. I'm worried that there won't be many replacement rookies in R2, if most squads are at full strength.

Bennell will be popular, if he's in.

I can see a world where I end up holding some NPRs, hoping that they return in later rounds. Cash generation could be pretty poor for a while.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Oh plenty

1 extra trade is the fantasy equivalent of fixing a gun shot wound with a band-aid. Seeing as it’s effectively a different season now, all things being equal the game should be reset to preseason mode with R1 scores & team value carried over. However we all know what Fanhub is like.. that would be infinitely more work than they’re prepared to do.

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Finding it really hard to get motivated now. My Round 1 was disappointing and the reduced quarters gives me no confidence in anyone.

Probably just forced trades to fix rookies. I very much doubt any of my bench will be playing.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Finding it really hard to get motivated now. My Round 1 was disappointing and the reduced quarters gives me no confidence in anyone.

Probably just forced trades to fix rookies. I very much doubt any of my bench will be playing.
Everyone is in the same boat, still plenty to play for. I'm starting to get very keen!

Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
If 80 is the new 100 ie. 80 x 1.25, then how come 75 players scored 80+ yet in 2019 and 2018 only 55 and 47 scored 100+?

Edit: My best uneducated guess is that this year the highest scorers had higher TOG% than they usually would.

Maybe.

Last edited:

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Everyone is in the same boat, still plenty to play for. I'm starting to get very keen!

I think I've got some negative bias as I missed all the guys who dominated, and picked all the premos who spudded.

Furthermore I gave some advice to a mate who's having his first year this year. Tweak a couple spuds for him and he's top 50.

I'm ~32k or something.

Can't really win it from there especially with this shortened quarters crap so I feel like my seasons done haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back