Trades LOCKOUT LIFTED - ROUND 2 TRADES (3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Round 2 trades discussion thread

Just saw the notification that lockout has lifted

Haven’t looked at breakevens yet but going by how s**t some of my players scored and how well other players I don’t own did, initial reactionary trades are...

Dunkley > Viney
B.Smith > Howe
Cavarra > Bewley

C.Taylor to bench Bewley on field.

Roberton, Cerra, Cumming and Brayshaw survive another week (months/year).

Unlikely the season goes ahead any time soon but it’s somewhat enjoyable tinkering around with the team again, especially with the 3 trades.

Last edited:
Wondered if it was worth a hypothetical trades thread.
Apart from the odd few, everyone kinda sucked, the 16min quarters sucked, no crowds sucked...So I don't feel as ragey towards as many individuals as I usually would.

Some players (English) were so bad, they couldn't possibly be that bad again.

In theory if we get 3 trades I can do:
Dunkley/Whitfield/Jacobs -> Viney/Wingard/Grundy.

But then I feel sick just looking at that. There's a reason I picked the left hand side and not right.

I still think left options should ourscore the right 99 times out of 100 and yet they got absolutely pantsed in R1.

As Benny boy would say, such is life.

But then I feel sick just looking at that. There's a reason I picked the left hand side and not right.

I still think left options should ourscore the right 99 times out of 100 and yet they got absolutely pantsed in R1.

I thought Dunkley's role looked ok in round 1, and that the Bulldogs just had a rubbish game. Whitfield I'm less confident in, since he won't get to junk it up, and with Taranto likely back for R2. Sauce to Grundy is swapping cash generation for points. Do you have another underperformer to upgrade?

FWIW, I'm planning to keep Dunkley and Sauce, and am thinking about trading Whitfield to Wingard or Bewley.

(Also, I reckon that returning best 22 players are going to force a stack of the common rookies out - so R2 trades might end up being about patching holes rather than upgrades.)

Yup Dunks will outscore Viney for sure
Jacobs is fine. What's your current r1/r2?

I thought Dunkley's role looked ok in round 1, and that the Bulldogs just had a rubbish game. Whitfield I'm less confident in, since he won't get to junk it up, and with Taranto likely back for R2. Sauce to Grundy is swapping cash generation for points. Do you have another underperformer to upgrade?

FWIW, I'm planning to keep Dunkley and Sauce, and am thinking about trading Whitfield to Wingard or Bewley.

(Also, I reckon that returning best 22 players are going to force a stack of the common rookies out - so R2 trades might end up being about patching holes rather than upgrades.)

:think:

I'm pretty devastated that i got rid of Viney at the last minute but funnily enough i dont plan to trade him in this round.

Instead I'm going:

T.Green -> M.Hibberd (if selected)
Brayshaw -> Rankine (if selected)
Mcasey -> DBJ

I'm giving Parish and Roberton another chance although i could bench Roberton for Brander :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are our thoughts on Jeremy Howe lads? Just had a quick geez then and he went 127 (20 min quarters) from the one Marsh match and then 110 in rd1. Currently priced around 75 so would have to avg around 90 to justify the pick.

What are our thoughts on Jeremy Howe lads? Just had a quick geez then and he went 127 (20 min quarters) from the one Marsh match and then 110 in rd1. Currently priced around 75 so would have to avg around 90 to justify the pick.

Seems like an ok pick however still very speculative. I feel like he's had enough years under his belt to suggest his preseason/1st round is an outlier.

Also, with only 3 trades I doubt Howe comes into the equation. more likely plugging rookies holes.

I am so clueless with what to do in terms of trades! I had a decent Round 1 score, but i look at my team and think Id change so much about my team now!!! Heres hoping we get a few more trades to fix up the teams before Round 2. I think 5 would be a good number. Supercoach has given 5, so lets hope Fantasy can follow. Cause 3 aint enough ahah.

I am so clueless with what to do in terms of trades! I had a decent Round 1 score, but i look at my team and think Id change so much about my team now!!! Heres hoping we get a few more trades to fix up the teams before Round 2. I think 5 would be a good number. Supercoach has given 5, so lets hope Fantasy can follow. Cause 3 aint enough ahah.
I agree, not because I may need it, but because of the principle. What has it been, about 9 weeks since they played?

A lot can happen in that time, it’s unrealistic for teams to keep the same rookies over 10 or 11 weeks.

We knew some rookies would be a good pick based on injured teammates but we couldn’t have expected them to be playing ten weeks later.

Last edited:
156k in bank after

Smith to Saad
Green to Simpkin (move to forwards)
Brayshaw to Sturt

Scores are going to be indifferent anyway all season with shortened quarters.
Plenty i could have chopped but they need a couple of more chances.

Crisp Saad Houston Docherty Roberton Brander =Cummings Starcevich
Whitfield Neale Fyfe Bont Titch Rowell Pickett McInerney =Brown Budarick
Grundy Naismith =Xerri (loophole)
Martin Greenwood Simpkin Cameron Sturt Taylor =King Davis =Cavarra

I'm thinking:

• Whitfield to Smith
  • Green to Tyler Brown (assuming he keeps his spot)
  • BZT to Howe
I'll have to bench Cumming, and deal with him next week, and hoping that Ward, Viney and other potential targets don't have a blinder! I reckon Howe will be good this year, as long as Madgen is in the team - he frees Howe up a lot. I'll have to get Whitfield back in at some point, but I don't see him holding his value in 16 minute quarters, so happy to pick up Smith while he's underpriced.

I'm kicking myself on team selection - had Howe, Viney and Smith all in my team a couple of days before R1.

I had a pretty good score Round 1 even with Birchall late out... kind of meh on thinking about it further until teams come out though. If i had perfect rookies there are a few moves i'd make, but i doubt i'm going to have perfect rookies this season.

So many new things to think about as well.

Will the lack of reserves comps mean rookies who are in the side get longer runs, increased job security? Conversely will be harder for rookies to break in, so fattening cows will be extra important? But will that be so hard that playing the BE game will be the most critical thing to stay fresh? Who knows.

Would have preferred a rolling reduced trade format (5 this week, 4 next week, 3 the next week then 2 ) but I guess this will have to do.
I really rate this decision, benefits those who had good teams going into Round 2, means they have the chance to luxury trade while others claw back a starting side. But equally, it means by Round 3 or 4 people should start to have full bences again and we'll be back to normal. You're rolling format isn't a bad idea but would lead to a lot of the top teams looking very similar as they ship off underperformers for the lowest BE breakout candidates, while it might feel like giving 5 trades would help struggling teams, it would give the top teams so much of an advantage they'd push the gap out even further.

Also AFL still talking about having 5 or 6 player son the bench, so our rookies may survive yet (albeit they'll probably have their scores impacted more).

This break has been therapeutic after the disgusting opening round. Absolutely dreading the day I log back on and see my side. Seeing Will Brodie on field and Jack Viney on the side bar, with the biggest price increase, will hurt. Still can’t believe how costly that decision was. Will still take another week off fantasy to prepare myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back