Multiplat Cricket 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately no big bash. Best I could do was download teams from the academy and create a custom tournament with them

Is that because of Big Bash Boom ?

Seems odd otherwise...
No idea, it is weird there isn't an unofficially comp. I mean other countries not licensed have it. Maybe they're waiting for a dlc in the summer to re-spark interest?

Had not played for a few months and just got back into it. Was 4 tests into the Ashes but deciding to continue. Unfortunately don't have Marnus in my squad since he wasn't even on the radar when I started playing :(

Really a good game. By far the best cricket game and a legit good sports game. Bowling is very fun now. Jason Roy (yes, I know) managed to spank me around the park in the previous test match. I genuinely was up and off the couch when Hazlewood nicked him off for a duck in this game. Stokes, on the other hand, is proving more of a challenge.

The third test was an ABSOLUTE NAIL BITER, just like in real life. I needed 2 wickets to win with about 15 overs left and they needed about 60 runs to win. However Stokes really had a crack at it. With a few overs left I finally got the break through, bringing in Jimmy Anderson, and they needed about 20 to win. Tense as *. I wanted to crowd everyone around the bat, desperate for the final wicket, but couldn't as the required run rate was doable. Was ultimately a draw with just a few runs and 1 wicket left. Insane. It was also about 4am at this point.

If you told me in years past that a cricket video game would bring such tension/joy/excitement I would have laughed.

A few things have also improved in the latest patch, namely the AI is much better at running between the wickets, taking quick singles. It also means runouts are likely a chance (although I am yet to get one in my short time bowling). Your fielders also throw with more force too.

Had not played for a few months and just got back into it. Was 4 tests into the Ashes but deciding to continue. Unfortunately don't have Marnus in my squad since he wasn't even on the radar when I started playing :(

Really a good game. By far the best cricket game and a legit good sports game. Bowling is very fun now. Jason Roy (yes, I know) managed to spank me around the park in the previous test match. I genuinely was up and off the couch when Hazlewood nicked him off for a duck in this game. Stokes, on the other hand, is proving more of a challenge.

The third test was an ABSOLUTE NAIL BITER, just like in real life. I needed 2 wickets to win with about 15 overs left and they needed about 60 runs to win. However Stokes really had a crack at it. With a few overs left I finally got the break through, bringing in Jimmy Anderson, and they needed about 20 to win. Tense as fu**. I wanted to crowd everyone around the bat, desperate for the final wicket, but couldn't as the required run rate was doable. Was ultimately a draw with just a few runs and 1 wicket left. Insane. It was also about 4am at this point.

If you told me in years past that a cricket video game would bring such tension/joy/excitement I would have laughed.

A few things have also improved in the latest patch, namely the AI is much better at running between the wickets, taking quick singles. It also means runouts are likely a chance (although I am yet to get one in my short time bowling). Your fielders also throw with more force too.

I agree with all of this. It's as rewarding a game as I have played, at least since the golden years of NBA2k.

Gradually putting more and more pressure on before finally getting the break through is awesome - especially if you overturn a DRS decision. Building an innings slowly and then attacking when it gets easier later on.

I really hope they invest heavily in improving the presentation for the next version. This was improved in the current version, with the crowd noises and some other little things but still lots of things to improve. The commentary is appalling and I bet nearly everyone turns it off.

Career mode, while super detailed, can also feel kind of repetitive.

Just ordered this today after mulling for a little while. Pretty keen to play it! Are tests genuinely good? With a bit of spare time at the moment I’d love to sink my teeth into a few over the weekends and what not.

Also what is the AI like setting/chasing totals in ODI’s?

Just ordered this today after mulling for a little while. Pretty keen to play it! Are tests genuinely good? With a bit of spare time at the moment I’d love to sink my teeth into a few over the weekends and what not.

It is fantastic.

It is as good of a simulation as you will find of any sport. It's the 4th BA cricket game now (i think), and they have consistently updated the game, improving areas like the AI to make them very realistic.

I would recommend fiddling with the sliders to get the balancing right both in terms of the gameplay and the ball physics.

It is worth having a look at the forum on planetcricket for sliders. I havent done it since first getting the game, but I recall when I started some things like the carry on deliveries when bowling etc wasn't right. I also found it difficult to get the right balance of batting difficulty vs bowling difficulty. Once I got the sliders right, it has been perfect.

Id also recommend turning off the commentary. The stadium sounds are far better.

Last edited:

Genuinely. I'm in my fourth test now. All have gone between early 4th day finish and a draw. Older games you'd be all done in less than 2 days easily.

The changes throughout the game and against different batsmen/bowlers is really lifelike. You might feel like you are on top as a bowling side but then someone (often ******* Stokes) comes on and tonks it around. As a batsman you might have the hang of some quicks but they get hit out of the attack and a spinner comes on and bamboozles you.

As said above, check out Planet Cricket and tweak the sliders a bit as you play. I personally change the amount of edges a little as they were a bit too common when batting.

I can't say too much for ODI chasing since I've really just played this Ashes series.

Are there any sliders that change the AI's fielding ability? I had a look and it only seems to influence my fielding? If every player had a proper arm it would make batting so much more balanced for me. As it stands anything hit anywhere is a single...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are there any sliders that change the AI's fielding ability? I had a look and it only seems to influence my fielding? If every player had a proper arm it would make batting so much more balanced for me. As it stands anything hit anywhere is a single...

I haven't noticed this as a balancing issue. That's said, if i hit a ball straight to a fieldsman, I don't tend to attempt a run.

The only very minor balancing issues I have are: Unless I consciously try to hog the strike, I find that my partner gets a lot more of the strike than I do.

And, I find the AI (not my opponent, but the guys I am batting with) run rates are a fraction too high in Test matches.

Edges are also a little funny as well. They either drop short too much or go flying through the slips.

Last edited:
Been getting stuck into Career Mode on Switch for the last few weeks. Well done, BigAntStudios. Smashed it out of the park with this one. Best cricket and best sports game I've played in some time.

I got sick of FIFA because with all the scripted bullshit, it often felt I had little control over the outcome of matches. With this game, batting takes serious concentration, and I find myself frustrated with MYSELF, rather than the game, when I get out.

I haven't had a console in a number of years, so haven't properly spent any time with a cricket game since the first DBC. I thought that was an impressive start, but it's even more impressive how far these titles have come since then. Not even really a tennis fan, but once I finish BOTW, I plan on grabbing AO Tennis 2 and giving it a go, because if the mechanics are half as good as this, I can see myself getting plenty out of it.

Been getting stuck into Career Mode on Switch for the last few weeks. Well done, BigAntStudios. Smashed it out of the park with this one. Best cricket and best sports game I've played in some time.

I got sick of FIFA because with all the scripted bullshit, it often felt I had little control over the outcome of matches. With this game, batting takes serious concentration, and I find myself frustrated with MYSELF, rather than the game, when I get out.

I haven't had a console in a number of years, so haven't properly spent any time with a cricket game since the first DBC. I thought that was an impressive start, but it's even more impressive how far these titles have come since then. Not even really a tennis fan, but once I finish BOTW, I plan on grabbing AO Tennis 2 and giving it a go, because if the mechanics are half as good as this, I can see myself getting plenty out of it.
I’ve been doing exactly the same. Haven’t put it down over the last 2 weeks.

I’ve been doing exactly the same. Haven’t put it down over the last 2 weeks.
Love being able to play in any of the top cricketing nations. I've played more than enough sports career modes as myself, much more enjoyable trying to do a Bangladesh road to glory, and not having to start in Australia or England.

I should check out Cricket 19, I've been playing Ashes 17 on Xbox (as it's free on Xbox Game Pass lol). I mastered the batting and like in the original Don Bradman Cricket - it takes a silly shot for me to get out (I have a habit of batting really good innings'.... then have a few shocking innings in a row lol).

I should check out Cricket 19, I've been playing Ashes 17 on Xbox (as it's free on Xbox Game Pass lol). I mastered the batting and like in the original Don Bradman Cricket - it takes a silly shot for me to get out (I have a habit of batting really good innings'.... then have a few shocking innings in a row lol).
Definitely recommend it. Career Mode is a great time killer.

How comfortable is it to play hand held ?

I need to use my Switch more!!

How comfortable is it to play hand held ?

I need to use my Switch more!!
Better on TV using the dock, but I probably play handheld more because I'm lazy and it's still really great. It's incredibly impressive how well they've made a cricket game work on a handheld device.

If I can make a little nitpick of Cricket 19 - when there is an obvious nick which is caught, you don't get an instantaneous Umpire reaction, it still has to go into the delayed umpire giving it out animation routine. I would love that to be sped up

Like AFL, cricket was always viewed as a game that was really difficult to replicate in a video game. How do you replicate what it is like to face a 140kph bowler, or be deceived by variation from a spinner.

But BA came up with original and creative solutions for this and have tweaked and improved the game over several versions and now it is as good a simulation as you will find of any sport.

There are still big areas for improvement though, especially the presentation (the commentary is especially bad - 0/10). Some of the AI and gameplay can still be improved etc ...

I just despair thinking about what they could have done if they had been able to develop an AFL game over several years and versions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back