Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 11: Just Biden His Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Notice

The level of vitriol and frankly toxic culture in this thread is getting out of hand. As such, the thread will be monitored actively for posters who drag down the quality of posting for all others, and they will have their access to the thread removed.

Further, reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) will no longer be allowed. Much like other tropes of that nature, it serves as a conversational barrier and fall-back point for people to simply sling mud. That's unacceptable.

Thanks.

I didn't make that post for sympathy as the person in question that died was 90 with underlying illnesses and was expected, it was in response to a post (pro-Trumper who has little understanding of how serious this is and just posts ra ra Trump) who thought Trump's comment about models was amusing just after a serious explanation by Dr. Brix about modelling.
Small sample size but I have a few friends who chuckled at it as did my wife. However I could see why you weren't/aren't in a place to laugh at it.

Oh and our niece lives in NJ (wife's a Canuck and has a sister living in Philly) and has been down with "a flu" after being exposed to 2 confirmed cases so I can't say she has it definitively but it's close to a "2+2" scenario. She just hasn't sought out testing and is on her 13th day of isolation. She'll head out into the world 3 days after being clear of symptoms per instructions given to her.

Oh and wasn't yebiga's point that he/she wouldn't post that sort of stuff in here and no one can really validate those claims? I don't think anything said in relation to this was trolling.

Bizarre ...

Also what is weird is NY while primarily under Democrat control hospital beds have decreased from 73,000 to around 50,000 in the last 15 years or so.

Pretty sure that is Trumps fault!

Chi-nah flu racist

Orange man bad

carry on .......
Was that stuff about the decrease in hospital beds in that article you linked? I only skimmed it, but it didn't seem to be in there at all.

I hope someone can help me with the following question. Who are we supposed to hope wins the upcoming election given they're both 'allegedly' rapists who don't respect women?

If they're both 'allegedly' rapists, do you then ignore that and move onto just policies? Or do you eschew both parties given they're both happy to allow 'alleged' rapists to lead the country?
It's an academic question, given the only hope for the US was Bernie Sanders.

The country is phucced with Trump or Biden regardless.

Roosevelt was decisive was he? Super leader right? So why did this decisive leader need to wait till 2300 sailors die to actually join it? Oh that's right because US political system is an absolute cesspool and getting anything done requires circumstances to be completely non negotiable.

Similar to corona really opposition to trump badgered him for his every move until there were over 120k cases. Then they badger him over his every non move welcome to US politics.
We could argue over Pearl Harbor all day but I think most historians agree that once in the war, FDR was a very good decisive, humane leader; one of the best.

Roosevelt was decisive was he? Super leader right? So why did this decisive leader need to wait till 2300 sailors die to actually join it? Oh that's right because US political system is an absolute cesspool and getting anything done requires circumstances to be completely non negotiable.

Similar to corona really opposition to trump badgered him for his every move until there were over 120k cases. Then they badger him over his every non move welcome to US politics.

In the 1930's US Roosevelt had a massive anti war sentiment to overcome. Really, have you read any history? Like Trump, you just make shyte up.

Trumps own words show the lie. He discounted it because that's what the Fox news nufties did. Then he says he called it a pandemic before anyone else. Another blatant phkn lie.

Keep making excuses for the imbecile he is. It reflects on YOU.

cca7175ce4a15ebcd0a094d3c044e1c0.jpg

I think this just shows that a negative spin will be put on whatever he does.

I don't like Trump's pressers. He is a salesman not a politician so I ignore all the salesman bluster.

I do however follow how he follows the advise given to him and in my opinion he has done this as best as he could.

With so many states and jurisidicions there are too many cooks in the kitchen.

Imagine, if you will, that the media just accepted what Trump said without question. They would have spent a fewof days telling the nation that everything would be right to go for Easter, and then Trump changes his mind and so the media starts reporting that no, Easter won't be a free-for-all like normal. Where would that have left the American public?

That's why it's important that the media holds the government to a simple standard of common-sense, and not just uncritically report whatever the president says. That's what Trump does not understand, as he is incapable of taking criticism on board.

It's an academic question, given the only hope for the US was Bernie Sanders.

The country is phucced with Trump or Biden regardless.
JC himself could be president and he wouldn't be able to sort out the mess the USA is in.

But it would help if they could at least get a president who was able to make some improvements.

That person certainly isn't the current incumbent.

JC himself could be president and he wouldn't be able to sort out the mess the USA is in.

But it would help if they could at least get a president who was able to make some improvements.

That person certainly isn't the current incumbent.
Don't get me wrong, Biden is infinitely preferable if for no other reason that unlike the incumbent, he is not a narcissist toddler/gangster. But the country is headed for the dogs, and root and branch reform is required.

When Sanders was still a chance, I was thinking wouldn't it be ironic if Trump's greatest positive legacy, for which the whole world could be eternally grateful, was that as a maverick he paved the way for another maverick, but this time, unlike Trump, a maverick for the greater good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong, Biden is infinitely preferable if for no other reason that unlike the incumbent, he is not a narcissist toddler/gangster. But the country is headed for the dogs, and root and branch reform is required.

When Sanders was still a chance, I was thinking wouldn't it be ironic if Trump's greatest positive legacy, for which the whole world could be eternally grateful, was that as a maverick he paved the way for another maverick, but this time, unlike Trump, a maverick for the greater good.

Trump

Impeach

last legs

final straw

Small sample size but I have a few friends who chuckled at it as did my wife. However I could see why you weren't/aren't in a place to laugh at it.

Oh and our niece lives in NJ (wife's a Canuck and has a sister living in Philly) and has been down with "a flu" after being exposed to 2 confirmed cases so I can't say she has it definitively but it's close to a "2+2" scenario. She just hasn't sought out testing and is on her 13th day of isolation. She'll head out into the world 3 days after being clear of symptoms per instructions given to her.
I thought the timing of his joke was inappropriate given the current situation (which is why my original post). I think that those that thought it was funny are possible Trump supporters who think it is great that he says what he thinks, or those that think he is 'giving' it to those that oppose him. Maybe I am wrong.

I just didn't think it was at all funny but typical of his insensitivity to a serious situation.

Hope your neice and extended family stay safe.

Oh and wasn't yebiga's point that he/she wouldn't post that sort of stuff in here and no one can really validate those claims? I don't think anything said in relation to this was trolling.
No, I doubt that was his point at all.

Dr Fauci deserves a medal. He’s trying his best to navigate a pathway through this in spite of his bumbling joke of a President.

Yep, calm, very measured when he speaks. Gee he is looking tired though.

2020-04-03_203858.jpg

I really didn't want to respond to you but your last sentence is completely WRONG and a bigger insult than your original reply to me. Unless you have evidence to the contrary.

I didn't make that post for sympathy as the person in question that died was 90 with underlying illnesses and was expected, it was in response to a post (pro-Trumper who has little understanding of how serious this is and just posts ra ra Trump) who thought Trump's comment about models was amusing just after a serious explanation by Dr. Brix about modelling.

New York is a disaster, I have been getting regular updates from them about families and friends they know that have died and how the medical system is under severe strain. Hearing it from someone there makes it more real to me. They are over the lies and blame shifting by Trump. eg States should have been prepared, millions of tests, ventilators and PPE has been sent to NY, yet they are still struggling. Nothing seems to stick to Trump who after all is the Commander in Chief.

People in NY (which is what I know most about getting updates first hand) are really scared I imagine other states are equally scared.
The thing is, once it becomes personal for you it casts a different light on what is happening. I think that's perfectly normal. And it doesn't have to necessarily be someone you directly know who has passed, it can be someone who is close to people you know.

Adam Schlesinger from Fountains of Wayne passed due to the coronavirus this week (1st). I was heavily invested in their music (still am) and for a long period of terrible mental health in my life it probably saved me from.......well, I hate to think. So I'm shattered, and I haven't been the same since learning of his passing. I didn't know him personally, nor did I know his former bandmates, but I know people close to him & them and they are also gutted beyond belief. So it's totally personal for me now, albeit in a different way to you.

So I totally get where you are coming from. Like you, I'm not after sympathy, I'm just saying I can relate to this becoming personal and it certainly not being something you are in the mood for poor attempts at humour about while you are trying to navigate your way through your feelings.

And if it does become personal for anyone, and if they do want to post about it here to cope or whatever, I don't see the issue. It's not that hard for anyone to show a bit of decency and compassion in response, rather than being a campaigner and trying to score petty points from it. They always have the option to say nothing (as per the saying) of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back