WWE WrestleMania 36, Sun Apr 5th & Mon April 6th, 9am AEST (via tape delay magic)

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
that was a pretty enjoyable event better then i thought loved Rollins/Owens, really excited for night 2

also what are the chances they try the 2 night thing again next year i kinda like it instead of one 5/6 hour even u get two 3 hour shows and idk just feels it works better

Reckon two nights is better no one wants to watch 6 hours of wrestling

So day one over, I wasn’t as impressed as others with the Boneyard match, the whole feud was just Styles being destroyed physically by the Undertaker and the match was no different, just AJ bumping around for 20 minutes And Undertaker being invincible

If there was a better way of making a broken down old man beating up 3 blokes in the dark look good I'm sure WWE would have found it.

I just heard that wrestling is still happening.

How have companies justified/defended this, given it flies in the face of social distancing?

It's a controversial one--- the WWE have been doing shows with no crowd and minimal crew to film the last few shows in the lead-up to Wrestlemania. They were also doing strict health checks for everyone who entered the WWE Performance Centre; with a few wrestlers sent home for being unwell ( including The Miz, Dana Brooke, Rey Mysterio & Buddy Murphy) as well as not using talent with a higher infection risk (Roman Reigns who has twice recovered from Leukaemia).

The WWE was also very aware that they were eventually going to get shut down; partly because of US state lockdowns and partly due to general social distancing measures. On the weekend of the 20th March (same weekend as Round 1 of the AFL & Round 2 of the NRL) the WWE started 'panic filming' multiple weeks worth of content including Wrestlemania. Wrestlemania was rumoured (but not confirmed) to have been filmed on the 25th/26th of March.

I know it's not 'much' different--- but the COVID-19 situation has changed so much over the past 10 days, I'd say if the WWE didn't pre-record that they wouldn't be airing Wrestlemania live this weekend.

Filthy Sanchez

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
I just heard that wrestling is still happening.

How have companies justified/defended this, given it flies in the face of social distancing?

It’s a shameless carnival venture. It doesn’t really have respect in the wider public eye anyway so it’s not losing too much on that front.

They’ve used the “we want to keep some semblance of normalcy to people’s life”, however like the AFL, performing in front of no one just reminded people of the crisis.

They want to continue to make money for as long as possible. They’ve been able to ride out every other controversy, they figure they’ll be able to ride this one out too.

Mister M vs Filthy Sanchez is neither predetermined nor taped, so it is fine to post the odds.

Please don't set Filthy Sanchez off again because he will complain about how it's poor form for the match to go ahead and instead there should just be screenings of my old matches against Bomberboy from PWG (that he's never seen nor respects) because that's what is 'best for business' instead of wrestling without a crowd.

Trust me-- he'll think it's good s**t!

ULTIMATE_WARRIOR

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2009
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
St Kilda
My prediction is the Funhouse match won’t live upto the fantastic Boneyard match and then every wrestling fan and his dog with access to the internet is going to be bitching and complaining about how bad WWE is and how bad WrestleMania was.

I’m actually enjoying the overall positivity outta part 1. Will be short lived however, no doubts

Fullscreen capture 5042020 111415 PM.bmp.jpg

* Cuts to black , " Curb " theme plays *

Cracking match.

Wasn't the worst opener i've seen.
Elias-Corbin = ffwd
Becky-Shayna...underwhelming , no crowd hurt it + no time.
DB-Sami = no time

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
You guessed right after RAW.

No, it was obvious what was going to happen. When you've watched wrestling for a while, unless it involves HHH or Roman Reigns, if a superstar is left laying on the go home show, they will rarely lose. Add to the fact Becky Botch is the female Roman, it was a very obvious outcome.

Just because you were wrong doesn't mean its a lucky guess for someone else to get it right...

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Lol that wasn’t even a locker room Goldberg came from hahaha

Lol, I was complaining about Goldberg not getting his proper entrance, then I read this so have to rewatch, missed it!

Looks like what we end up with most weeks umpiring at suburban grounds, change in the gym.

No, it was obvious what was going to happen. When you've watched wrestling for a while, unless it involves HHH or Roman Reigns, if a superstar is left laying on the go home show, they will rarely lose. Add to the fact Becky Botch is the female Roman, it was a very obvious outcome.

Just because you were wrong doesn't mean its a lucky guess for someone else to get it right...

I wasn't wrong because I didn't guess. Couldn't give a * who won.
Your lucky because you guessed correctly on a predetermined outcome and it landed on the correct answer. For all your expert knowledge its just as likely Shayna turned up to the tapings winning but was wearing a hat Vince didn't like so Becky won instead.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
trash.

good for Braun, but that was trash.

About as good as it needed to be. Goldberg could barely have a proper back and forth sort of match in 1998. He certainly ain't about to pull one out now. Didn't drag on and Braun went over the guy who never should have been in the position in the first place. Was ok by me.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Made the best of it, a lot of that was really well done and minimal wizard magic.

Overall I’m surprisingly happy with night one, and the three hours were so much more manageable than the five and a half hour marathon in one sesseion.

I think it being 3 hours was absolutely vital. Also they made sure most matches went no longer than necessary and longer ones were performed by the workers who could pull it off.

Back