Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Apart from the Lonzo pick which they were basically forced to make, the lakers drafting since 2014 has been more than solid. They’ve hit on a lot of late firsts.

Svi, Wagner, Nance, Kuzma, Hart, Zubac, Clarkson are all players they’ve hit on with a draft pick of 25 or worse
Apart from Kuz and Ingram no one else is even half decent and just tradeable assets, but that's what you expect from late 20s picks anyways.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Apart from Kuz and Ingram no one else is even half decent and just tradeable assets, but that's what you expect from late 20s picks anyways.
for where they were taken in the draft those players all significantly out performed their draft position, I would be surprised if many other teams could boast a success rate similar to that. The only one you can really argue otherwise is Wagner but I am of the opinion he is terribly under played.

Yes what they did with a lot of those players after drafting them wasn't great but then again they traded some for Davis which has worked out well so far.

I do the funny stuff thanks.

Only have missed the playoffs once too in those 12 years. Not 7 consecutive years.

Didn't need a generational talent like lebron or AD together to make playoffs as we just drafted well unlike the lakers and not relying on being a massive market to attract talent.

You’re in the East. Hardly a big task to make the playoffs.

Anyone going to watch any of the 2k Tournament?
I reckon Booker will win it, i know he is a big gamer.
All Star.

Dec 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Season surely is done

There having talks about how there going to settle wages for the season rather than how they can finish the season

Given how bad the US is, this won’t subside until September-October at the latest and there not gonna try and compete with the NFL

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
You’re in the East. Hardly a big task to make the playoffs.
Point taken, but still credit due for being a great run franchise though.

Given our record over the last few years even if we were in the west we would be making the playoffs too.

Point taken, but still credit due for being a great run franchise though.

Given our record over the last few years even if we were in the west we would be making the playoffs too.
Your record wouldn’t be as good because you’d be playing more West teams.

Season surely is done

There having talks about how there going to settle wages for the season rather than how they can finish the season

Given how bad the US is, this won’t subside until September-October at the latest and there not gonna try and compete with the NFL
Yeah i think with the thousands if predicted deaths to occur over the next couple of months in the US its a PR disaster for the NBA if they try to rush the players back and finish the season. A lot of NBA fans will be in survival mode either physically or financially. Not to mention that the Finals are normally played in June and by that stage the US could be right at the peak of this thing.

The NBA players have been quiet on this I think. Probably all quite accepting and just enjoying life at home. Playing 2k.

The nba I feel seems to be the community leading sport league in America. I get the impression that the season. Won’t recommence and they won’t be whoa is me.

NBA facebook page showing Game 4 of the 2000 finals Lakers @ Pacers. I remember this like yesterday, watched it over and over again. THis is where Shaq fouled out and Kobe said * it I got this. And he did.

ezgif-1-024fb73d5c.gif

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
NBA facebook page showing Game 4 of the 2000 finals Lakers @ Pacers. I remember this like yesterday, watched it over and over again. THis is where Shaq fouled out and Kobe said fu** it I got this. And he did.

ezgif-1-024fb73d5c.gif

I guess you don't want to talk about his other games from the series...

Shaq was a monster. Averaging 38/17, with 3 blocks on 61% shooting.

I guess you don't want to talk about his other games from the series...

Shaq was a monster. Averaging 38/17, with 3 blocks on 61% shooting.

The NBA facebook page were featuring this game, henceforth why I mentioned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back