News Coronavirus Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't appear to be true. I've started reading some of the papers produced by the people who study this. If I'm following it right it's disturbingly complex and a little scary.

"Adding to the mystery is the finding that the antibody binding site on these viruses is not normally accessible to antibodies. "We found that this region is usually hidden inside the virus, and only exposed when that part of the virus changes its structure, as it would in natural infection......"

Everyone remembers being lied to about WMDs, or should.

They should also remember that constantly during the build up to that war actual experts (Blix and that Canadian guy) were on Australian tv repeatedly saying there was very little actual evidence to suggest WMDs were present or that Saddam had the capacity to produce them any more.

The only time in history that people protested against a war before it started was in the lead up to the invasion of Iraq in 2003, because everyone knew it was bullshit. The justification for it was repeatedly debunked in public.... repeatedly. These protests happened around the world.

It's hardly the same situation.

UN disease inspectors aren't coming out of hospitals saying "This is a beat up. Everything is fine." If anything the opposite is happening.

The thing is we didn't need to go to war to topple Hussein, they just should have put a ban on supplying weapons to them, Iran/Shia majority would have done the rest, dictators can only rule by force. Most of the regimes in the middle-east rule largely because they are propped up by either USA or Russia.

I've got people saying to me, 'answer the question, I know it will be a conspiracy theory, and if you don't answer the question, then I know you are here to spread conspiracy theories'.

Doesn't bode well for a mature conversation now, does it?

Here's all you need to know. Bill Gates recently took part in an interview with CBS. It is about 30 minutes long.

In it he explains that his foundation is advising the Trump administration on how to manage the lockdown (now and into the future).

He also explains that although schools may return to class, other public gatherings will not, until mass vaccination is in place.

In other words, forget about parties and sports and probably even the beach until we have all taken our vaccines.

Don't take my word for it, listen to it yourself. Listen to what Bill Gates is telling you.

Now bear in mind that it wouldn't matter if the blue team or the read team were in charge. Gates > president. He is telling you so.

Don't believe me? Here's more footage of Gates explaining how things work:

That is only a one-minute clip, well worth checking out.

Now the logical conclusions which follow from all of this are obvious.

But they go against what most people presently believe, so they will of course get mad.

And they'll direct that anger towards myself and anybody else who dares to point out the obvious.

So this is the part where people call me names, make flippant sarcastic remarks, and tell themselves they are so smart.

Do you believe anyone has died from covid-19? Yes or no. If yes how many deaths?

Allopathy is homeopathic derived bullshit. Serve that up and I will also rip it to shreds.

It's quite amazing that you would try attempt to resurrect your car crash with a condescending remark, but hey, I figure you had nowhere else to go anyway.

Best you occupy yourself with sticking needles in cats and stimulating gold fish chakras.

Think twice next time.

Really?

allopathic
adjective
us

/ˌæl.əˈpæθ.ɪk/ uk

/ˌæl.əˈpæθ.ɪk/
Relating to traditional western medicine. Most conventional western medicine is allopathic.

Has anyone ever told you that you're not the easiest person to have a conversation with?

Don't hide amongst the semantics, where's your data to support your bullshit link?

"They had a cough one minute, we gave them seaweed, horse semen & echinacea, and a week later they didn't have a cough any longer", will not suffice.

Times are tough.

I'm now down to the unrecognisable toilet paper brand in which I now regularly poke through the paper with my finger when wiping my arse. There's nothing worse than isolation and having sh!t on your fingers.

Pray for me.

Grass isn't always greener, Dan.

15-5e6f82e1eb537__700.jpg

Seriouslyness though, I know it's a time of angst and uncertainty, but a couple of folks could do with chilling out a little. It's a footy forum - no-one's playing for sheep stations here. We're all Shinboner faithful. If you find some anonymous person on the internet's views to be so objectionable that you can't control your anger and/or you're unable to respond with anything other than abuse, it's probably a good time to switch off the pc and go for a bit of a walk.....

....by yourself.....

....wearing a face mask.....

....and a bullet-proof vest in case you encounter any of the numerous military death squads that now roam our streets enforcing oppressive, freedom-stripping martial law that will remain in place until the day that human life on this planet ends.

Speaking of which.....

ETzqS1RWoAI2dxA.png

Erm, yes Keynesian economics in the form of WWII, government intervenes to create demand …….for tanks, aircrafts, ships, rebuilding structures etc.

That's a pretty cynical way to look at it.
It wasn't just practised in USA or Europe either. Much of NZ's infrastructure was put in place during the 30's and 40's with public work schemes. I imagine it would have been the same in Aussie.
Similar things will happen around the world now. The world will be much more Govt focused as Governments will prop up key businesses and create work schemes.For example our Govt will buy a bigger stake in Air NZ , because as an island nation we can't afford for that to fail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Boris bumbled thru the crisis, the blame game begins..

Now China has responded by deploying an advanced and sophisticated disinformation campaign to convince the world that it is not to blame for the crisis, and that instead the world should be grateful for all that China is doing.

The truth is that China is responsible for COVID-19 – and if legal claims were brought against Beijing they could amount to trillions of pounds.”

Following the report, which will be published in its entirety on Monday, up to 15 Conservative MPs are understood to have signed a letter calling for the Government to “re-think” its relationship with China..
I'm not sure that that would be helpful. The last time that the world imposed heavy fines against a technically advanced, economically developed and proud nation that had a solid sense of militarism it didn't play out well.

The way forward with China is probably the opposite. By encouraging their government toward a former Soviet style 'Glasnost' we can encourge China to open its doors both ways to engage less secretively toward the world and with less suspicion toward the West. It would encourage them to seek immediate international assistance during crisis and to dump the archaic notion of 'losing face' by coming clean and admitting when they have issues with potentially global consequences that are out of control.

I'm not sure that that would be helpful. The last time that the world imposed heavy fines against a technically advanced, economically developed and proud nation that had a solid sense of militarism it didn't play out well.

The way forward with China is probably the opposite. By encouraging their government toward a former Soviet style 'Glasnost' we can encourge China to open its doors both ways to engage less secretively toward the world and with less suspicion toward the West. It would encourage them to seek immediate international assistance during crisis and to dump the archaic notion of 'losing face' by coming clean and admitting when they have issues with potentially global consequences that are out of control.
If you think the current CCP wants any form of glasnost, then you are going to be disappointed. None of them want to be dragged into human rights tribunals for ongoing genocidal activities and other human rights abuses.

Get back to me when you've read the information. Until then, you're just an old man shaking his fist at the clouds.

Show me mechanism of action, and equimolar efficacy that supports the symbiotic application of:

15g Huang Qi
10g fried Bai Zhu
10g Fang Feng
10g Mian Ma Guan Zhong
10g Jin Yin Hua
6g Chen Pi
10g Pei Lan

.....in order to mitigate pneumonia. How does this mitigate macrophage Interleukin-6 acute response and neutrophil chemotaxis?

Then explain the same factors for how this concoction addresses the potentially deadly scenario of a temperature above 37.8C:

30g Ma Huang
15g Ku Xing Ren
15g Zhi Gan Cao
20-50g Shi Gao ??????????????
15g Gui Zhi
3 slices Sheng Jiang ?????????????
10 pieces Da Zao (cut it open) ??????????????

Provide a complete set of blood diagnostics and chest scans with your responses.

Last edited:
If you think the current CCP wants any form of glasnost, then you are going to be disappointed. None of them want to be dragged into human rights tribunals for ongoing genocidal activities and other human rights abuses.
From recollection no former Soviet officials ever were either. Indeed the current hacks running the CCP don't want openness but they won't be in control forever. In Australia we currently have 100,000s of future Chinese professionals and leaders being educated and imbued by our sense of values here. Sinophobia and China bashing just isn't going to help. If steps are taken to isolate and somehow punish the Chinese after this then we set the world and China back 30-40 years. There will no doubt be some highly influential military and economic hawks in America who will no doubt lead the charge for this to happen because they have the most to gain from an isolated and economically humbled China. Such a shift would have massive economic consequences for Australia with resource exports, foreign student exchanges and tourism all affected. We'd re-adjust over time but would ultimately come out poorer for it.

Last edited:
From recollection no former Soviet officials ever were either. Sinophobia and China bashing just isn't going to help. If steps are taken to isolate and somehow punish the Chinese after this then we set the world and China back 30-40 years. There will no doubt be some highly inflential military and economic hawks in America will no doubt lead the charge for this to happen because they have the most to gain from an isolated and economically humbled China. Such a shift would have massive economic consequences for Australia with resource exports, foreign student exchanges and tourism all affected. We'd re-adjust over time but would ultimately come out poorer for it.
The lack of prosecutions, which did happen in the Baltic states fwiw, had more to do with Russian non-cooperation and an American unwillingness to persecute. The fact remains that the CCP has devoted extensive resources to further the cause of disinformation to hide their dirty secrets and will continue to do so under the current leadership. Unless they get a Gorbachev figure, not much will change with the US-China feud in the short term.

It's interesting watching the SJW's high fiving and slapping each others butts over Boris Johnson's predicament, in the knowledge that these very same people completely lose their minds if anyone's dare to challenge the integrity of Greta Thunberg's climate stance.

Petty vicious little hypocrites.

Q: What is the difference between a Nazi and an SJW?
A: The Nazi is sincere.

Last edited:
Of course there is, but I think outright confrontation on the issue is counterproductive, especially if done so for the purposes of domestic political gain.

Neo Liberal capitalist countries appear to want it both ways. Nobody forced the world to take advantage of China's cheap wages and products for the last couple of decades. It's a decision made in countries like ours because people with lots of money here want to make more money here and even more money there. At some point there has to be some responsibility taken - we chose to dance and now when it turns sour we want to paint them as the devil. It's a choice made out of pure greed. China didn't change overnight - it just caught up with us.

They don't want to lose power - I doubt human rights abuses are a high priority worry, same as they aren't for western nations that use the sword as it suits them while pontificating from high.

What is true is that they are not going to willingly sign up to their own loss of power. The reality is that the simplest way to reduce China's power as a nation is to reduce trading with them - a decision that most western nations refuse to make because lots of people, with lots of money make good profits out of the current status quo.

The lack of prosecutions, which did happen in the Baltic states fwiw, had more to do with Russian non-cooperation and an American unwillingness to persecute. The fact remains that the CCP has devoted extensive resources to further the cause of disinformation to hide their dirty secrets and will continue to do so under the current leadership. Unless they get a Gorbachev figure, not much will change with the US-China feud in the short term.

Not convinced there really is much of a feud. Much like Sino-Japanese relations pointing the finger at an old enemy rates well internally - it's a nice distraction for the masses but I doubt there's genuine interest in these feud's at a high level outside of the power they leverage for politicians and leaders.

Last edited:
Neo Liberal capitalist countries appear to want it both ways. Nobody forced the world to take advantage of China's cheap wages and products for the last couple of decades. It's a decision made in countries like ours because people with lots of money here want to make more money here and even more money there. At some point there has to be some responsibility taken - we chose to dance and now when it turns sour we want to paint them as the devil. It's a choice made out of pure greed. China didn't change overnight - it just caught up with us.

They don't want to lose power - I doubt human rights abuses are a high priority worry, same as they aren't for western nations that use the sword as it suits them while pontificating from high.

What is true is that they are not going to willingly sign up to their own loss of power. The reality is that the simplest way to reduce China's power as a nation is to reduce trading with them - a decision that most western nations refuse to make because lots of people, with lots of money make good profits out of the current status quo.

There won’t be any reimagining of this relationship if we have to pay 4K for an iPhone.

It's interesting watching the SJW's high fiving and slapping each others butts over Boris Johnson's predicament, in the knowledge that these very same people completely lose their minds if anyone's dare to challenge the integrity of Greta Thunberg's climate stance.

Petty vicious little hypocrites.

Q: What is the difference between a Nazi and an SJW?
A: The Nazi is sincere.
There's dickheads all across the political spectrum mate.

SARS was big in 2002/3. No transmission since 2004.

I don’t recall the world losing its mind like it has over this.
SARS was no where near as transmissible as this one. More deadly, yes, but much harder to catch.

When a city like New York is considering mass graves due to COVID-19 related deaths perhaps people have good reason to be somewhat concerned.

Don't get me wrong I'm under no illusion about way that the CCP conduct their business. All one party states where there is no political accountability and all media is controlled by that one governing party behave exactly the same. Early in the piece Chinese and Wuhan officials even tried pinning the blame onto a travelling US soldier.

But as Chinese become more affluent and educated through global engagement they will themselves hold the crusty old venerable CCP hacks to account. They've come a long way from the Chairman Mao days and everyone carrying a little red book. They're not fully ready to embrace democracy yet, but today's young generation will drive it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back