Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain how the government puts an end date on something that changes daily and weekly. If we say "no restrictions from 1st June" but then the numbers of cases are sitting at 50,000 with ICU's being overwhelmed, would you, in your mighty wisdom, allow them to renege? Or would that upset your liberties?
We take what precautions we can - like the Swedish have to date.
I counsel courage not stupidity.

Indonesia is not faring well by all accounts - unprepared, and many people still performing traditional Islamic burial rights which involves unwrapping the plastic from the bodies delivered by the state coroner, and washing it in the home with families all around it. Java is densely populated too.
Yes, it all augers badly. Both Indonesia and India have very low rates of testing.

At least the UK is being saved by the Daleks

News just in of deaths in the Dharavi slum in Mumbai. A million people crammed into an area 25% smaller than Melbourne's CBD.

"We are talking about a slum where 10-12 people live in 10x10 feet tin hutments. You can't expect them to sit at home all day long," Vinod Shetty, director of a sanitation workers’ non-profit told India’s NDTV. "They pay 25 rupees (33 US cents) for a gallon of water, you'll tell them to wash their hands frequently. Eighty people share a public toilet, you'll tell them to not leave their house. How is that possible?"
Social distancing
Work from home
Wash hands

Western luxuries

Another German merry maker from the German cruise ship Artania has passed away in Perth bringing the WA total of fatalities to six .WA fatalities are five cruise ship passengers including two Germans and one airport overseas arrival.
I was wondering why the German cruise ship Artania is being taken in by us and the federal government has bent over backwards for them when all other overseas ships are not looked after.Turns out the ship was fine when it docked in Sydney on March 14 on March 23 it was in coronavirus distress and made an uninvited unscheduled stop in Fremantle.

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother replying to someone who has the comprehension ability of a b cell receptor.

Take it easy mate. The wozzle factor around here will have you doing your head in within a week.

Daily confirmed cases are down... but so are tests. Not putting a whole lot of faith in our 'mass testing' when it appears they must still be heavily restricting who has access to them based on the reported numbers of tests. Could have sworn we were doing 15,000 / day the other week?

7d15267cef.png
How would you broaden the testing criteria?

I had to get tested last night and the results were back well within 24 hours but the test was inconclusive so I have just gone back.
Nobody there last night and only two this time which the staff said is also the reason for the quick results because barely anyone is testing compared to early days.

Seeing that ******* cop fine that learner was disgusting.

Yes be in a form of lockdown, absolutely, but the freedoms we’ve given up have already become ridiculous.

Now I can’t even go for a drive just to clear my head and get some space for a while from my family without risking an obscene fine.

So nsw premier says social distancing will be with us until a vaccine is available in possibly 18 months.

surely thats with lower social distancing then now everyone presumes.

but we are currently are at only 100 new cases per day. unless we kill the virus we arent going to get lower new infection rates then this in the next 18 months. So if we arent lowering social distancing now then we will be at this stage of social distancing or worse for 12-18 months.

why is no one questioning this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to get tested last night and the results were back well within 24 hours but the test was inconclusive so I have just gone back.
Nobody there last night and only two this time which the staff said is also the reason for the quick results because barely anyone is testing compared to early days.
Good luck mate.

Good luck mate.
She’ll be right.
I’m pretty fit but have symptoms and with work we just have to get tested if you have any ASAP.

I would dare suggest everyone has calmed down and stopped panicking. Even those who have symptoms are probably going "I'll stay home"

So nsw premier says social distancing will be with us until a vaccine is available in possibly 18 months.

but we are currently are at only 100 new cases per day. unless we kill the virus we arent going to get lower new infection rates then this in the next 18 months. So if we arent lowering social distancing now then we will be at this stage of social distancing or worse for 12-18 months.

That's IF a vaccine is even possible.

Seeing that ******* cop fine that learner was disgusting.

Yes be in a form of lockdown, absolutely, but the freedoms we’ve given up have already become ridiculous.

Now I can’t even go for a drive just to clear my head and get some space for a while from my family without risking an obscene fine.

Drive as far as you want and when you get pulled over tell them you are shopping for flour. Should buy you about 4 weeks non stop driving.

I would dare suggest everyone has calmed down and stopped panicking. Even those who have symptoms are probably going "I'll stay home"

That's IF a vaccine is even possible.
Yeah I only tested because I had to for work.

I think it will get to a point where if there is enough disgruntled people, then the government will start to cave, even if there is an increased risk.

Absolutely. Yet the facebook buy/sell/swap groups are business as usual. How are you meant to travel across town to pick up a genuine reproduction 1940s cane hatstand under these nazi restrictions?

I don't know about common sense. I think public opinion has made them try to take the heat out of it. Unlike the bonk ban reversal the policy has not been changed. It's still unclear whether parents can take their kids on driving lessons.
It's pretty clear.

Think of it as setting a precedent, or confirming the rules, or closing a loophole, but letting the first fine go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back