Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, we have a country applying commonsense.

A random test results for COVID have been completed in Iceland

Result 0.6% of the there population is infected.
Population 342,000
around Cases 2,000
Deaths 6 so far 11 in critical condition
50% are asymptomatic

If 0.6% were consistent across all countries
Australia would have 144,000 infected
Half would be asymptomatic
49 dead so far 93 in critical condition

It's not looking good for the hysterical
I think you glossed over the part that said random sampling

Population 342,000
around Cases 2,000
50% are asymptomatic

Yeh, Iceland is directly comparable to Italy, Spain, France, Germany, India, Indonesia...

How does this information in any way support your argument?

Iceland has made a strong social distancing response, shutting its borders, closing its gyms, bars, clubs, museums, hairdressers, sports clubs, beauty salons and swimming pools and recording numbers of people in isolation and in quarantine.
On top of that they have done widespread contact tracing to the level that Australia could not manage. They are even looking at mutations of the virus as a way of ascertaining exactly where and when a virus was caught.

Because of this Iceland’s numbers of infected are very low. Australia has not been able to isolate itself as a nation like Iceland has, it was slower to implement all the social isolation policies, and its contact tracing is limited to interviewing people displaying symptoms.

But you assume that if Iceland’s percentage of infected is 0.6%, then it’s consistent across all countries including Australia, and then say “it’s not looking good for the hysterical”. Really?

Population 342,000
around Cases 2,000
50% are asymptomatic

Gives an IFR of 0.3%. Probably the lowest in the world surveyed so far, but may not apply to other countries.

Absolutely. Yet the facebook buy/sell/swap groups are business as usual. How are you meant to travel across town to pick up a genuine reproduction 1940s cane hatstand under these nazi restrictions?

register as Uber, then get your partner to employ you

Within 6 months, we should be able to almost eliminate the virus surely. The only avenue for transmission now is community transmission, so as long as 8-9/10 of people that get it within the next few months aren't campaigners, infections should plummet.

On the flip side this goes on 6+ months and i just can't see society abiding any longer. People will just want to go back to normality making any distancing, isolation etc. futile

Body bags and converting parks to cemeteries in NYC ought to keep “the people” in check for a while yet.

This is not going to be a tough PR campaign for the government to win. There is going to be absolute carnage O/S filling the news whenever the gov wants.

Humans are a part of society and they need to function to keep society going. Not saying taking your daughter for a drive is an essential part of human well being but other things are. Can't expect people to just go to work for 18 months and nothing else. Suicide rate would sky rocket.
I've said this since the first lockdown argument.....fair chance the suicide/domestic violence will outnumber the virus numbers. But putting a hold on learning to drive is way down on the list of things to approve. Not sure much suicide will occur from withholding a 17 yr old from driving.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

One thing I've wondered, can deaths be attributed to more than one cause?

For example if someone with advanced AIDS catches Covid-19 and it kills them, is it recorded ultimately as both a Covid-19 and AIDS fatality?
What do people want the statistic to go toward? At the moment, if there is a smell of Corona virus it gets allocated accordingly

What I was inferring is that the ship became coronavirus infected when it took on passengers in Sydney on March 14
- Seriously people just ram you with their opinions on this forum and don't listen to what you say.
Anyway upon further investigation the Artanias next stop after Sydney was Callao a port in Peru in South America which is east of Sydney so fu** knows why it went west and came to Perth.Definate shenanigans going on imo.
Sor-ree 🙁

I've said this since the first lockdown argument.....fair chance the suicide/domestic violence will outnumber the virus numbers. But putting a hold on learning to drive is way down on the list of things to approve. Not sure much suicide will occur from withholding a 17 yr old from driving.

Already a bloke in Brisbane has drawn inspiration from what happened a couple of months ago and poured petrol on himself and his partner, fortunately only setting fire to himself and getting shot by the police for his trouble. 😢

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For example if someone with advanced AIDS catches Covid-19 and it kills them, is it recorded ultimately as both a Covid-19 and AIDS fatality?
You can certainly fill in a number of contributing factors to a death on a death certificate, but I guess it is ultimately up to the various Health Departments as to what counts as a death due to COVID-19

Really? So if someone has pneumonia or flu and contracts cv and dies it is a cv death not pneumonia or flu, ok got it.
1. Pneumonia is caused by something. And in someone diagnosed with COVID-19, that cause is in almost all likelihoods to be COVID-19
2. You don't know that in the case of someone dying from respiratory causes after being infected with both influenza and SARS-CoV-2 that the person isn't counted in both. Or are you employed at a Health Department that collates these statistics?

Already a bloke in Brisbane has drawn inspiration from what happened a couple of months ago and poured petrol on himself and his partner, fortunately only setting fire to himself and getting shot by the police for his trouble. 😢
I think most people would be surprised at how common lighting someone on fire as part of domestic violence is

Population 342,000
around Cases 2,000
50% are asymptomatic

deCODE is only testing the non-symptomatic, non-quarantined population

That means that they are only testing people who shouldn't have the disease. So in this case, 12 of the 2300 people tested in this group had it despite having no contact confirmed with someone who has COVID-19

What about someone with an underlying condition that would have killed them 30 years down the track, do we just ignore the role of the rona In shortening their life by decades?

And what if that underlying condition was the cause of death not cv or a combination of? People with pre existing conditions like pneumonia don't usually get another 30 years down the track.

Within 6 months, we should be able to almost eliminate the virus surely. The only avenue for transmission now is community transmission, so as long as 8-9/10 of people that get it within the next few months aren't campaigners, infections should plummet.

On the flip side this goes on 6+ months and i just can't see society abiding any longer. People will just want to go back to normality making any distancing, isolation etc. futile

Why 6 months? The virus only lives on surfaces for a couple of days and in humans for a few weeks.

Do they only test people who present with symptoms? How else could they do it?

I would increase testing to people on public transport.

They can't be attributed to both or as many as they deem. Sometimes without a "clear" cause they put all on a death certificate. They're are heaps of corrupted coroner retorts online you can read.

Population 342,000
around Cases 2,000
50% are asymptomatic

How many direct flights from Wuhan to Iceland?

Not looking good for the hysterical, is the game for you?

Ironically your posting in the last week has shown to be the most hysterical in this thread.

Really? So if someone has pneumonia or flu and contracts cv and dies it is a cv death not pneumonia or flu, ok got it.

You can put all of them.

Do you know how they determine how someone dies?

Last edited:
Geographical isolation combined with social distancing.

It works.
We are lucky.

Let’s see how the next few weeks go with community transmission and hope the good news continues.

In the meantime, we need our best and brightest minds working out how we can best co-exist with this virus until a vaccine comes around.

Why did you get tested?
I just have the shitty symptoms you know bit of a fever, well more chills I would say a cough and shitty throat and a bit of fatigue that sort of came on pretty suddenly really yesterday. I’m a firefighter and the last thing they want is wiping a whole crew or even worse station out so it’s straight to the clinic.
Just feels like having a cold and in all likelihood that all it probably is. Blood pressure was a bit high at today’s testing too.

1. Pneumonia is caused by something. And in someone diagnosed with COVID-19, that cause is in almost all likelihoods to be COVID-19
2. You don't know that in the case of someone dying from respiratory causes after being infected with both influenza and SARS-CoV-2 that the person isn't counted in both. Or are you employed at a Health Department that collates these statistics?

I'd argue that those with pre existing conditions aren't necessarily dying solely because of cv, yet it seems we're being told that if someone has cv and dies, regardless if there is a pre existing condition that it's solely a cv death. Don't know for sure but someone who DOES NOT have pre existing conditions is obviously more able to survive cv.

One thing is for sure, no one is telling the public that death x is wholly and solely cv, a pre existing condition or a combination. Why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back