Review Funny things you have seen at North games

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Me and about 1,000 other North fans leaving a game in 2005 against Collingwood three goals down with five minutes to go. By the time I reached the concourse (there used to be a huge tv screen there) it was a goal the difference. Won by six points to huge cheers from the outside crowd.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was that the Daisy Cup and Thommos inverse arm move with the last goal?

Great game

Cyber_punk

Doomer
Feb 16, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Michael Firrito stealing and running off/swatting away his West Coke opponent's shoe which had come off during play in a 2007 game. Happened right in front of me. The player was waving his arms at the umpire and pointing at Spud like a child telling on his classmate to the teacher

Last edited:

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A bloke who used to sit in my aisle, would drink 6 beers each quarter.
Not funny, but the fireworks at the 125th anniversary game were a highlight, filling the MCG with smoke. Then, sitting behind the Punt Road goal on level 1, a bunch of us suddenly saw a missile headed directly for us. One of the mortars had tipped over and was aimed directly at us.

The firework hit the wall behind the goal, showering sparks and s**t everywhere. Two dudes had to be treated by St John ambos :(

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I don't use my seat all that often, but when I do I always see this bloke, sits on his own, and he gets 4 per quarter. Watching the gradual deterioration over the course of the match is quite amusing.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On the way out from the “the GF that shall not be mentioned” in 1998, I, along with other North supporters, was roundly abused by some Adelaide faithful. It stuck in my craw and I’ve always held it in for Adelaide supporters since then. Roll forward to R7 1999. I was on L2 at the MCG Punt Road end, I think. My wife and 4 month old son were attending their first AFL game. North duly scored 10.3 in the first quarter and I’m feeling really good. Along comes a North supporter, who travels from the very back of Level 2 and leans over the edge and starts shouting at the Adelaide throng who were down on L1 to our right. “You dogs, you’re nothing but f****ing dogs”, he kept repeating and pointing at them. He went on for about two minutes. It was classic. My wife wasn’t inclined to attend any more games. However, it must have rubbed off subliminally on my son because he’s fairly vocal at games now that he’s turned 21.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Be funny if that person posts here!

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Remember going to see North play Saints at Moorabbin years ago. They were actually a funny bunch of clowns on the terraces there at Moorabbin.
One bloke screamed all day long “kick it to the fat kid“ any time the saints went forward. Referring to plugger of course. He was on fire too. Could seriously play.
Mighty Mick was playing on him and at one stage the same bloke yelled, “Get away from the fence Martyn! You‘re scaring the children!” I reckon even Micky laughed at that.

I also remember going to Whitten oval and Danny Del Rae was their full forward. They would all chant, “Blessed are the big noses,” whenever he went near the ball.

I loved the old grounds..........a win away was a great trip home.

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
At the 96 granny, which was my first and therefore amazing, not just for me but my high school mates also-
But behind me in the great southern stand were a couple of big fellas from a mine somewhere in NT. One north the other swans.
Sometime in the last q or so, Mick sped off plugger and ran up the ground for maybe the second time in a row. The big North bloke behind me bellowed "pick up ya man plugger ya fat prick"!
Everyone laughed!
After the game, the other fella, the swan, shook my hand and said "well played mate". And I thought how good is this, all I did was barrack and sink piss, and I get credit for the win!
Happy days!

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
At the 96 granny, which was my first and therefore amazing, not just for me but my high school mates also-
But behind me in the great southern stand were a couple of big fellas from a mine somewhere in NT. One north the other swans.
Sometime in the last q or so, Mick sped off plugger and ran up the ground for maybe the second time in a row. The big North bloke behind me bellowed "pick up ya man plugger ya fat prick"!
Everyone laughed!
After the game, the other fella, the swan, shook my hand and said "well played mate". And I thought how good is this, all I did was barrack and sink piss, and I get credit for the win!
Happy days!

I sat near Tim Rogers that day

Singapore Roo

Rookie
Mar 13, 2007
Singapore
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Southampton
MY #1: 1993 Round 1, Pagan's first game as coach and Nathan Buckley's first game for the Bears at the MCG. Early in Q1 Buckley get's the ball from the bounce in the centre square, tries to baulk around one player and ends up getting tackled and put a scrubby kick forward. The bloke in front of me jumps up and yells "Yes Nathan! they move a bit faster here in the BIG LEAGUE!!"

MY #2: The Marshmallow Final against you know who, there were two opposition supporters sitting in the North coterie group area on L2 of the Great Southern Stand. Into the last quarter, Adam Simpson in one motion, flattens Blumfield (I think) and picks the balls up delivering it on the chest of one of our forwards. This North bloke behind the two in red and black bounces up, his face purple, as Blumfield is still on the ground, says "Who's soft now Sheedy! WHO'S SOFT NOW!!". Watched those two supporters get up and try to be as invisible as possible.

I don't use my seat all that often, but when I do I always see this bloke, sits on his own, and he gets 4 per quarter. Watching the gradual deterioration over the course of the match is quite amusing.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Asking for a "friend", this bloke wouldn't have been seated around aisle 35 level 1 would he? Maybe not been in the seats for a few years due to work commitments???

For a "friend"!

canvas.png

Back