Game Day 94 PF NM vs Cats - now on Fox Footy

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ablett only kicked a couple of goals that game. One was from a free kick right in front of me in the pocket. He elbowed Mick in the head while they ran over the boundary, Mick remonstrated and of course Ablett got the free and goaled. If he didn't get that free, and he shouldn't have, we win.
Still, I must admit, I don't reckon we would have beaten WC in the granny that year

Palpatine

Premium Gold
Jun 9, 2010
Launceston
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Kentucky Wildcats
Ablett only kicked a couple of goals that game. One was from a free kick right in front of me in the pocket. He elbowed Mick in the head while they ran over the boundary, Mick remonstrated and of course Ablett got the free and goaled. If he didn't get that free, and he shouldn't have, we win.
Still, I must admit, I don't reckon we would have beaten WC in the granny that year
1st was from a 1 on 1 with Mick, Ablett dived after Mick grabbed him slightly and kicked a goal from the free kick.
2nd was roving a marking contest on the goal line, when Mick spoiled the other Geelong player.
3rd was after the siren
the one on the boundry when he elbowed Mick in the head twice he passed it to Couch who goaled.

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I always thought Mick Martyn was gutted because of Tudor's flukey kick. But 20 seconds before that he rushed and butchered a clearing kick that went straight to Colbert. If he was more composed and hit that kick properly there would have been extra time and we were clearly finishing the better. That said, he was huge on Ablett all day.

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1st was from a 1 on 1 with Mick, Ablett dived after Mick grabbed him slightly and kicked a goal from the free kick.
2nd was roving a marking contest on the goal line, when Mick spoiled the other Geelong player.
3rd was after the siren
the one on the boundry when he elbowed Mick in the head twice he passed it to Couch who goaled.
Well it must have been the first one then. Ablett elbows Mick in the face or maybe neck.
At least that is my dead set memory. Am I wrong? I'll have to trust you as I'm not watching that game again!

Palpatine

Premium Gold
Jun 9, 2010
Launceston
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Kentucky Wildcats
Well it must have been the first one then. Ablett elbows Mick in the face or maybe neck.
At least that is my dead set memory. Am I wrong? I'll have to trust you as I'm not watching that game again!
Yes I just watched the whole game.
Yeah the one you recalled when Ablett elbowed Mick in the head, but Ablett got the free did happen - in the 3rd qtr.
Ablett passed it to Couch and that resulted in a goal. So we were still shafted.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
I always thought Mick Martyn was gutted because of Tudor's flukey kick. But 20 seconds before that he rushed and butchered a clearing kick that went straight to Colbert. If he was more composed and hit that kick properly there would have been extra time and we were clearly finishing the better. That said, he was huge on Ablett all day.
Schwatta also shanked a right foot kick on the half back flank on the outer side in the last minute, went straight to an opponent.

We squandered a few chances in both the first and last quarters. Cost us in the end..

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Tend to agree. They had the wood on us that year, and won 3 more games than us. We only won 13 games that year..

We would have got closer than the Cats though had we made it.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
McAdams last game for North. a big fall from the 1993 season.
Roberts comes in after 16 week out and didn't do much, he replaced Romero from the previous final, who then went to Bulldogs in pre-season draft.
Mann's last game for North, he goes to Fremantle. As he is a contracted player we have access to pick a 16yo in a mini draft - Stuart Cochrane.
Surprise, surprise * make an agreement with Freo to not sign any contracted player who finish below * on the ladder. This gives * the no1 pick in the 16 year old mini draft, their selection - Matthew Lloyd (basically draft tampering)
McAdam was very poor in that 94 PF, shadow of the player he was in 93.

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Schwatta also shanked a right foot kick on the half back flank on the outer side in the last minute, went straight to an opponent.

We squandered a few chances in both the first and last quarters. Cost us in the end..

The Schwatta kick is the one for me Rod. He had Crocker and Fruity to kick it to and a flabbergasted Cat in-between wondering who to man up on.

He kicked it straight to the Cat. Burnt into my memory. Cried when l got home about midnight.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

A little bit before that, the Russian picked up a ground ball and kicked inside 50 to a free target - I think it was Arch but may have been Fruity. He missed his target and the ball drifted out on the full. That was our last scoring chance as I recall.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
A little bit before that, the Russian picked up a ground ball and kicked inside 50 to a free target - I think it was Arch but may have been Fruity. He missed his target and the ball drifted out on the full. That was our last scoring chance as I recall.

Arch. The ball swung violently the last 10 metres. Arch was going to mark it.

Back