Draft Watcher eDPS Draft Watch 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure of your point Peel.

Who’s opinion are you defending?

Surely I can have an opinion about some else having an opinion about someone else’s opinions.
That's is what i mean , you can have your opinion on other and i can have opinion of you and you reply with you can have your opinion and now i reply back with i can had my opinion , when will it end ?

* You can said you rated certain draft watchers without reply to certain post and still get your message/opinion across. Just because you had a different opinion does not mean your opinion is more valid than the other person. In your post you said you see it differently , what can't we see thing differently than you and have our own opinion on who we rated ,rather than act like a robot have the same opinion as you ?

Last edited:

That's is what i mean , you can have your opinion on other and i can have opinion of you and you reply with you can have your opinion and now i reply back with i can had my opinion , when will it end ?

* You can said you rated certain draft watchers without reply to certain post and still get your message/opinion across. Just because you had a different opinion does not mean your opinion is more valid than the other person. In your post you said you see it differently , what can't we see thing differently than you and have our own opinion on who we rated ,rather than act like a robot have the same opinion as you ?
Peel can’t make sense of your post.

That’s pretty harsh.

I believe there’s value in reading all the draft watchers opinions. Obviously we will have our own individual ratings of the draft watchers.

Since I’ve been on BigFooty the two knocks on Knightmare’s ratings is that he often over rates academy prospects.

And secondly, he sticks to his ratings throughout the year, only for them to more align with the consensus view in the last month, after all junior footy has finished being played.

On the second point, he’s actually not the only draft watcher who does this. He’s just the most obvious draft watcher you can notice doing this.
Most or if not all of the draft watchers don’t make stuff up.

It’s their own opinion and if they haven’t seen a player they will say so.

When I read KM, it’s more stats and less of him seeing the player in person.

KM values disposal numbers/scoreboard impact highly which is reflected in his rankings, nothing wrong with it as we all value different characteristics/ traits differently

KM is probably one of the most accurate draft watchers out there, so I don't get where this criticism is coming from? It's highly subjective stuff, everyone's methods and opinions will differ

Gippsland 2020

Zach Reid (AH)
202cm 82kg
Key Defender
DR: 5-20

Strengths
Upside
Composure
Skills
Reading the play
Clean hands
Size
Versatility

Queries
Contested marking
Production

- There isnt many weaknesses to Reid, he is already at a great height and moves really well for his size aswell. If he showed dominant intercept marking form this year he would be in the same conversation as Denver Grainger-Barass as the leading key position defender in the draft

Sam Berry (AH)
181cm 81kg
Midfielder
DR: 10-25

Strengths
Contested game
Tackling
Dual sided
Stoppage craft
Clean hands
Overhead marking

Queries
Outside game
Upside
Versatility

- Not a flashy player but can be depended on to win the hard ball and tackle hard all day, his kicking is a lot better than given credit for especially for a contested inside mid, could play as a pressure forward but would like to see how he tests for speed

Ryan Angwin (AH)
183cm 72kg
Wingman
DR: 40-Late

Strengths
Vertical leap
Upside
Clean hands
Marking
Balance

Queries
Production
Scoreboard impact
Kicking

- Rated very highly internally at Gippsland, was set to play a bit more on the inside this year, his production and hurt factor need to lift but has plenty of upside

My criticism isn’t that he sees things differently.

He makes stuff up.
So the fact that year after year he's one of the best performing draft watchers, to the point of being a paid professional for ESPN, just comes down to luck?

Must be a pretty lucky dude to manage to rate the players so accurately year after year despite "making things up"

So the fact that year after year he's one of the best performing draft watchers, to the point of being a paid professional for ESPN, just comes down to luck?

Must be a pretty lucky dude to manage to rate the players so accurately year after year despite "making things up"
don't get sucked in by a freo supporter living in packenham ;) we all know KM does a mighty good job

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWV Rebels 2020

Nick Stevens (AH)
191cm 82kg
Rebound Defender
DR: 25-50

Strengths
Decision Making
Skills
Clean hands
Balance
Upside

Queries
Intercept marking
Athleticism? Speed?

- Could become a tall midfielder, hard to pinpoint his best spot but will need to improve athleticism to truly excel as a rebound defender

Harry Sharp
180cm 68kg
Wingman

Strengths
Endurance
Speed
Agility
Clean hands
Competitiveness
Versatility
Tackling

Queries
Inconsistent kicking
Production

- Tightens up his kicking and could go even higher, he has plenty of tools AFL clubs like and clubs are always looking for players with elite speed and endurance which he has

Murray 2020

Elijah Hollands (AH)
188cm 81kg
Forward/Midfielder
DR: 1-10

Strengths
Football smarts
Forward craft
Athleticism
Clean hands
Composure
Balance
Skills

Queries
ACL
Production

- Only got to show his midfield traits in the all-stars game and looked set to show more this year if not for the ACL, still a certain top 10 selection and is a Connor Rozee type

Zavier Maher (AH)
184cm 83kg
Midfielder
DR: 20-40

Strengths
Balance
Clean hands
Power/Acceleration
Tackling
Skills

Queries
Production
Versatility

- Maher is a tough one, he shares some similarities to players like Rowbottom and Sparrow as powerful mids but not the hugest disposal winner but he apparently had a delayed pre-season last year, a great kick considering he plays like a bull on the inside

Dominic Bedendo (AH)
187cm 72kg
Medium Forward

Strengths
Upside
Vertical leap
Speed
Overhead marking
Clan hands

Queries
Kicking
Production

- If there a late draft favourite for me its Bedendo he would be close to top 10 on potential alone with his athletic traits and scope. Overall impact on games is what he needs to work on and even if he played a full year I think he gets drafted on what he can do in 5 years time

Charlie Byrne (AH)
183cm 79kg
Rebound Defender

Strengths
Kicking
Composure
Football smarts
Clean hands
Agility
Run and carry

Queries
Production
Consistency

- Not many issues I have with Byrne and he might have been rated higher by others if he played for a Metro club, can play half back and wing and not a completely outside player either
-
Ethan Baxter
193cm 82kg
Key Defender
DR: Late

Strengths
Clean hands
Vision
Marking
Upside
Versatility

Queries
Production
Kicking

- An NGA prospect for Richmond he was an AA CHB at the 16 championships but sort of stagnated this year struggling to really show his wares, needs to lift his overall impact on games but has some upside, also a talented cricketer

Northern Knights 2020

Nikolas Cox (AH)
199cm 82kg
Key Defender
DR: 10-25

Strengths
Overhead marking
Versatility
Football smarts
Upside
Clean hands
Dual sided

Queries
Consistency
Production

- There isnt a lot of weaknesses to Cox and going of his practise match he was in for a big year, went head to head with Ugle-Hagan and competed really well while also proving rebound, I minor nitpick would be that he can bite of more than he can chew at times

Liam McMahon (AH)
194cm 80kg
Key Forward

Strengths
Overhead marking
Vertical Leap
Skills
Upside
Agility
Speed
Clean hands

Queries
Consistency
Production

- McMahon is one of the best clunkers in the draft, he has an elite leap aswell so when he goes for the ball he is hard to stop, still learning his craft as a forward he has plenty of upside

Jackson Bowne
174cm 70kg
Small Forward
DR: 45-Late

Strengths
Forward Craft
Speed
Agility
Clean hands
Upside

Queries
Production
Tackling pressure

- Bowne is 1 day away from being eligible for the 2021 draft so still has a lot more maturity and growth to his game. Moves well and has a low centre of gravity which makes him well balanced and hard to tackle, could become a Devon Smith type if he can work on the defensive side of his game

Liam Kolar
195cm 82kg
Key Forward
DR: 45-Late

Strengths
Endurance
Speed
Upside
Overhead marking
Skills

Queries
Production
Consistency

- Hasn’t played many games coming from an athletics/soccer background but in limited viewings his showed some real eye catching traits so there is plenty of upside and whether he gets picked up this year I’m sure clubs will have him in their sights to see how he develops

Heath Ramshaw
181cm 85kg
Defender/Midfielder

Strengths
Contested game
Skills
Tackling
Clean hands
Power
Composure

Queries
Size
Production
Athleticism

- A real big impresser for me in the practise match I saw, relishes the hard and quick style of footy and can go midfield and down back and do equally well in both, is a great kick and would like to see him kick more

Ewan Macpherson
179cm 82kg
Midfielder/Defender

Strengths
Endurance
Tackling
Contested game
Versatility
Strength
Skills

Queries
Size
Upside
Speed

- Macpherson burst onto the seen as captain of Vic Metro in the under 16s, playing mostly as a composed defender last year he was set to play as an inside midfielder this year as he did in practise matches, doesn’t look to have the upside and eye-catching traits as others but is dependable with ball in hand

Practise match impressers
Joel Trudgeon
Rhys Seakins
Mackenzie Hogg

Oh, I’m guessing you’re also doing it by alphabetical order, not that I checked.

Yep that’s the one although i was thinking of making an exception since ive got a bulk of players for both Sandringham and Oakleigh which will take me awhile, ive already finished the Jets writeups since its only 3 players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back