Discussion Question and Answer Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

A certain three striped brand (who will remain nameless) contacted the higher up of BigFooty and told them to tell us that we were not permitted to use their brand on our designs because it may lead people to thinking that they were actual designs (this was well before the realistic looking template era). This led to it basically being that if you used their logo you could be carded or banned from the board and the designs removed with the potential of them taking action against the designer or even the board.

Despite all of us at the time thinking it was just stupid as you could clearly tell that our templates were not of a professional standard and were certainly not actually made by them we followed the rules for a year or so and then just went back to using their logo again and they were not heard from again on here.

Haha imagine trying to enforce that rule over the internet. Instagram basically has an entire sub-culture of people doing alternate Nike branding and posters, they would need a full time team just report it all.

If a certain three-striped brand has a problem with any of my designs, they're more than welcome to hire me to prevent any confusion going forward.

:cool:

Found the thread. Good read :)

Ah yes the great Added Ass whinge of 2012
The alternatives people made were gold. There was even a swastika at one point
ce2sX.png

I personally like this one Andonis1997

Ah yes the great Added Ass whinge of 2012
The alternatives people made were gold. There was even a swastika at one point
I remember looking through them the other day, pretty sure I remember seeing a hammer and sickle as well.

A certain three striped brand (who will remain nameless) contacted the higher up of BigFooty and told them to tell us that we were not permitted to use their brand on our designs because it may lead people to thinking that they were actual designs (this was well before the realistic looking template era). This led to it basically being that if you used their logo you could be carded or banned from the board and the designs removed with the potential of them taking action against the designer or even the board.

Despite all of us at the time thinking it was just stupid as you could clearly tell that our templates were not of a professional standard and were certainly not actually made by them we followed the rules for a year or so and then just went back to using their logo again and they were not heard from again on here.
I'm pretty sure it was set into place because Hawthorn's new brown-based guernsey and their clash was leaked by a certain poster? (Which I had hashtagged in my post on page 2 of that thread). I swear that was the instigator. Either that, or they were very close chronologically.
ce2sX.png

I personally like this one Andonis1997
Absolute gold, hey? Haha

Hi just wondering if anyone has the new Brisbane Lions lion with the body. Features on their guernsey.

Thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could anyone tell me what’s the best way to do an clash version of the prison bars without annoying the Port Adelaide supporters

Get the powers that be to allow us to wear the OG whenever we want, really.

Port supporters only get annoyed at recolours because they're regularly suggested to us as a way of wearing the bars without upsetting Collingwood, which then loses all meaning.

If Port were allowed to wear the bars as a home guernsey, recolours for clashes would make perfect sense.

Could a moderator help clean up my NRL Jerseys thread?

(This one)

I’m replacing the images and everything’s getting out of whack because I have more images now.
I’d like all messages that are not my own to be deleted so that the thread is easier to read.
At the moment there are halves of conversations and responses to things that are no longer there in between the posts of images.

Everything after the Gold Coast Chargers (page 3) could be deleted too (all my now blank posts).

Thanks, Lemon Boi :lemon:

Could a moderator help clean up my NRL Jerseys thread?

(This one)

I’m replacing the images and everything’s getting out of whack because I have more images now.
I’d like all messages that are not my own to be deleted so that the thread is easier to read.
At the moment there are halves of conversations and responses to things that are no longer there in between the posts of images.

Everything after the Gold Coast Chargers (page 3) could be deleted too (all my now blank posts).

Thanks, Lemon Boi :lemon:

I'm not gonna delete the posts congratulating your hard work or commenting on the 'folio because that's not really the done thing, but I can get rid of stuff that's either deleted or quoting deleted stuff. Going through it now. Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back