Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Not sure how to approach this one given he actually really does need to work on those parts of his game, but I think as soon as he rediscovers that love for the game we'll start to see the Paul who tore up the eventual premiers and had one of the best 8th games of all time.
I dunno Shawy, but we trust you'll work it out.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh for sure, he has to every season as part of the end of year review.

But its very clear that Pauls output is between the ears, his best and current output is night and day, could be fears of re-injury, could be just confidence, could be he has no clue what he's doing.
I think you’ve all answered the question. A kid coming back from multiple knees finally gets fit, plays a great half in a pre season, kicks a few goals, gets drilled for his defensive efforts. And then cant get a game again.
Watches senior players like Higgins and co do the same thing and starts to go into himself. Wonders if he doesn’t know if he can actually play the game.

complete confidence thing. He’s going to be one of the players that will come out of his shell after a few more wins, like they just had.

a shame he did his hammy, he had a few rushed kicks, looked rusty but the whole team did. I thought he was just building into the game.

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm on the lack of confidence and maturity bandwagon also with this bloke. We need to develop this type of talent. We've put ridiculous amounts of games into players with half his talent, we still do actually. Cunners was a slow burn and look at him go now. If it were up to me, I'd keep him in the middle, let him grow and make him properly accountable to his mates.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
There's a fair application of the rose colored glasses with this bloke, and surprisingly from some of the card carrying members of the WBC too.

If we don't play again in 2020, then I would be putting him on the rookie list.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
1586554766438.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So, Pauly is out of contract at the end of 2020. A handful of excellent games and some questionable application to training bookend discussions on his ability. Where do we see him at years end.

Personally I think that if he has not come back to training in tip top condition then his papers are already stamped. I hope like hell his skin folds are better than the club expect them to be because there is a bloody good footballer in there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back