News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

With the other guy moving to the Dogs as chief recruiter it looks like Dekka is now flying solo
assuming Dom Alessi still has his job at the Dogs.

It may very well be many types around all the clubs have nothing as it were, however once footy starts up again, most will slot back into their roles (I’d assume so).

Not sure how we as a Club have applied various roles within the scope of this awful plague.

Interesting it says how we stuffed up with Cripps.
It also said that Rendell himself said he wasn’t going to be a midfielder based on his running capacity.
Perhaps we listened to Matt a little too much when he first arrived?

It also said that Rendell himself said he wasn’t going to be a midfielder based on his running capacity.
Perhaps we listened to Matt a little too much when he first arrived?

Could equally have been the consensus among all our recruiters.

Could equally have been the consensus among all our recruiters.

Sure. I would imagine all the team had input. but this quote surprised me.

"Then he goes for testing at the combine and runs an 11 beep. Jesus, I could run an 11 beep. So I've gone, 'This bloke is going to be a midfielder on an 11 beep?' Ain't going to happen."

Somewhat off topic, but I have a friend who has been a passionate lifelong supporter of the pies and is tragically on her death bed due to cancer. She is an absolutely beautiful human being and mad on Collingwood, I was hoping to sneakily arrange for a tweet from Bucks or Pendles to acknowledge her support over the decades. If anyone has a contact or a strategy on how I can achieve this, please let me know. Take care of yourselves

"Then he goes for testing at the combine and runs an 11 beep. Jesus, I could run an 11 beep. So I've gone, 'This bloke is going to be a midfielder on an 11 beep?' Ain't going to happen."
Probably shows that testing shouldn’t come into consideration when drafting. Watching football should always be number 1 focus.

What it tells me we didn’t have enough eyes on him and we looked at the results and probably the stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably shows that testing shouldn’t come into consideration when drafting. Watching football should always be number 1 focus.

What it tells me we didn’t have enough eyes on him and we looked at the results and probably the stats.

Agree Soups I would take how they play over Draft Combine Numbers

Be same at the other Clubs as well
Hopefully when footy resumes we use our financial strength to our advantage by having more recruiting resources than the likes of the Roos, Saints, Suns, Dogs etc

Wouldn't surprise me if Eddie diverts these funds into philanthropic endeavours instead though

Yeah, refreshing to get that sort of honesty but a lot of recruiters likely thinking the very same thing. I certainly don’t recall him being too prominent in any of the phantoms but with the full benefit of hindsight he’d be right at the pointy end if redoing it now.

Somewhat off topic, but I have a friend who has been a passionate lifelong supporter of the pies and is tragically on her death bed due to cancer. She is an absolutely beautiful human being and mad on Collingwood, I was hoping to sneakily arrange for a tweet from Bucks or Pendles to acknowledge her support over the decades. If anyone has a contact or a strategy on how I can achieve this, please let me know. Take care of yourselves

I just had a quick look at the CFC website, not too forthcoming but you could start with the general info email address (info@collingwoodfc.com.au). In the current state of suspension it could either be ridiculously hard or surprisingly easy to get through to someone, but I'm sure it can be done.

All the best mate.

I just had a quick look at the CFC website, not too forthcoming but you could start with the general info email address (info@collingwoodfc.com.au). In the current state of suspension it could either be ridiculously hard or surprisingly easy to get through to someone, but I'm sure it can be done.

All the best mate.
I used that email one time and got a positive response and result. I think it's a good suggestion and I would be surprised if the information isn't passed up the chain of command to Eddie.

Slobbo goes bang on Eddie. Labels him a bully and exactly what we don’t need in these times

Slobbo goes bang on Eddie. Labels him a bully and exactly what we don’t need in these times
Now there’s a picture of perfect health and a orator indicating great intelligenc.

How’s Essendon going Mr Slobbo? They were misunderstood in their wuhan
laboratory weapon and in dank surroundings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back