Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just took my boys to the local oval for a kick of the footy and saw Jack Crisp training with Matthew Boyd.

I'm not sure if Crisp is coming back from an injury but Boyd looked like he had him covered both for fitness and general skills. They were doing repeat sprints down the length of the oval and Boyd was hardly breaking a trot while Crisp looked like he was really struggling.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
When people waffle on about Dangerfield, Martin & Fyfe, I like to show them this:

1586036960806.png

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When people waffle on about Dangerfield, Martin & Fyfe, I like to show them this:

View attachment 852521
Gee I really miss those days. And not just because of these Alpha power forwards, even the guys a rung lower down the ladder like Hird, Sticks and Modra were still great to watch

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Gee I really miss those days. And not just because of these Alpha power forwards, even the guys a rung lower down the ladder like Hird, Sticks and Modra were still great to watch

.........and THEY were better than today's "best"!

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

Pretty much every side had a spearhead who on their day could cause real damage.

Not 200cm repurposed rowers and volley ballers.

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
Pretty much every side had a spearhead who on their day could cause real damage.

And basketball imports were purely restricted to playing in the NBL.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

And there none of this pre ordained “blockbuster“ bullshit. The game of the round was between the two highest on the ladder.

Quentin Leach, one of the inaugural Freo players, has passed away at 47 from cancer.

RIP

I just watched him yesterday on FoxFooty in a 1996 game against Fitzroy at the Western Oval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back