Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Missed my train so, a quick pot at Y&J.
North Vs Sydney 96 GF last quarter on television will do nicely.

View attachment 824985

Fridge just kicked a goal & we’re up by 38 in the last quarter. Looking good.

:unamused: I remember pubs - let's dig a bit deeper- The guy in the black T is playing it very coy and good for him:p The two in the middle are discussing hair care tips and the guy on the phone, had he only known that he'd have plenty of time for that in the very near future, he'd have turned his phone off.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
:unamused: I remember pubs - let's dig a bit deeper- The guy in the black T is playing it very coy and good for him:p The two in the middle are discussing hair care tips and the guy on the phone, had he only known that he'd have plenty of time for that in the very near future, he'd have turned his phone off.

I realise this is an out of season Y&J pic but she actually looks like one of the NM social club regulars.

Aug 3, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This shits addictive. 1999 season from our opening pre season fixture at Waverley right through to the grand final.
I was at that game and it was freezing. We belted Geelong and Duck wore number 40 to promote 40 years of Mazda.

Takes a while but once you begin to remember the fixtures and whatnot it all comes flooding back.

RIP Gary Dhurrkay.
Suss Winnie against the Tigers in Ducks 200th.

You forget how great we were. Guns and champions everywhere.

Amazing memories. Thanks for posting this!

goalieboy82

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
USA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Fairfax Kangaroos
Coach Scamper from today:
18768.jpeg

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Thought I'd try one of those "Team with a themes". This one is North players 2000-2019 who played less than 100 games for the club. Eligibility criteria is 1) Played less than 100 games for NMFC 2) Played their first game for NMFC in the 2000s, 3) Not a currently listed NMFC player, 4) Only their contribution to NMFC is considered (ie. Jade Rawlings was a decent player but did stuff all for us)

B: J.Gibson, N.Grima, D.Teague
HB: A.Mullett, J.Baird, B.Robbins
C: N.Dal Santo, L.Greenwood, R.Clarke
HF: D.Motlop, J.Waite, E.Sansbury
F: M.Campbell, N.Thompson, A.Edwards
Foll: M.Burton, Je.Smith, L.Anthony
Int: A.Black, M.Stevens, M.Porter, K.Harper
Em: E.Lower, G.Urquhart, D.Morrell, K.Green
Coach: D.Crocker

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Today's team. Players whose given name is unique on the list of NMFC players. These players are the only ones whose given names (or derivative of) are the only one ever to play for NMFC. I've limited it to 1975 onwards (colour TV and premiership era)

B: Marley Wiilliams, Lachlan Hansen, Troy Makepeace
HB: Alastair Clarkson, Majak Daw, Jasper Pittard
C: Jose Romero, Xavier Tanner, Jy Simpkin
HF: Mason Wood, Malcolm Blight, Byron Pickett
F: Winston Abraham, Saverio Rocca, Tarryn Thomas
Foll: Todd Goldstein, Jed Anderson, Kym Hodgeman,
Int: Hamish McIntosh, Kayne Turner, Digby Morrell, Levi Greenwood
Emer: Kasey Green, Kieran Harper, Evan Hewitt, Cruize Garlett
Coach: Rhyce Shaw

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Today's team. Players whose given name is unique on the list of NMFC players. These players are the only ones whose given names (or derivative of) are the only one ever to play for NMFC. I've limited it to 1975 onwards (colour TV and premiership era)

Disappointed Djaran didn't make the side.

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Disappointed Djaran didn't make the side.

Playing in the twos along with Callum Urch and Carl Dilena hoping to break into the seniors next week.

(Also, I'm fully aware that Saverio Rocca and Xavier Tanner have derivatives of the same name but I'm not counting language derivatives otherwise Jose Romero wouldn't have made it either)

Playing in the twos along with Callum Urch and Carl Dilena hoping to break into the seniors next week.

(Also, I'm fully aware that Saverio Rocca and Xavier Tanner have derivatives of the same name but I'm not counting language derivatives otherwise Jose Romero wouldn't have made it either)

Kerry Good and Gavin Urquhart also in the twos?

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

We had a Troy Polak yeh?

Hey guys I have a few questions about merchandise for those regular customers. I saw the guernsey clearance sale in my e-mails and i'm keen to support my club through these tough times.

1) Is the Roo shop still contactable via e-mail or phone?
2) Do I have the option of adding a player number on the back of a guernsey?
3) And is there a long sleeve option for a home guernsey?

Hey guys I have a few questions about merchandise for those regular customers. I saw the guernsey clearance sale in my e-mails and i'm keen to support my club through these tough times.

1) Is the Roo shop still contactable via e-mail or phone?
2) Do I have the option of adding a player number on the back of a guernsey?
3) And is there a long sleeve option for a home guernsey?
I would think someone would be covering the Rooshop even if it isn’t their main gig.
it is definitely possible to get a number, the do it on site.
The jumpers on special are all last season’s, there is definitely long sleeve jumpers but maybe not on special and maybe not last years. You would have to enquire with the club. You could get this years version b

I would think someone would be covering the Rooshop even if it isn’t their main gig.
it is definitely possible to get a number, the do it on site.
The jumpers on special are all last season’s, there is definitely long sleeve jumpers but maybe not on special and maybe not last years. You would have to enquire with the club. You could get this years version b
Yep cool thanks mate. I might give them a call tomorrow or e-mail them if know one picks up. Might just go this years jumper then and pay the little extra.

Here's a challenge - can you do a team where they had a brother at another club? Bonus points if we had the worse of the brothers.
Some starters - Boomer, Stevo (think his brother played for Port), Mooney, Rawlings, Sholl, McKernan, Motlop (both might count), Atley, Tarrant, Power, Lower, Swallow, Rocca, Kinglsey, McAdam, probably throw in the Krakouer brothers too... got the nucleus for a team already/

Last edited:
Back