Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
I agree

But I also see ''essential travel'' continuing in any future modelling ie business, political, military etc - no tourism

Thats also dependent on what other countries do

Good thing I’m about to start importing palm oil from Borneo. Definitely I’ll need to go eyeball the production plant.
Might drop in and see my fiancé and her family while I’m there. 😉

Why didn't they get an economist on Q&A? The debt is irrelevant and shouldn't be fear that the government will raise tax to pay this back
It's not the need to pay down debt it's the political corner the current government find themselves in

For years there has been this messaging that the LNP are great economic managers and that no debt is good

That's the driver of the need to pay debt. Political capital

I'll see you and raise you an Annastacia Palaszczuk

I know it doesn't suit the agendas of some on here but his efforts are being appreciated by some.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/po...emier-heaps-praise-on-pm-20200414-p54jle.html

'He is doing an outstanding job': Queensland Premier heaps praise on PM
Probably because he is now making decisions that are more left leaning than his usual right leaning philosophies would dictate. Easy to get along with someone when he’s on the same page as you. 😜

Why didn't they get an economist on Q&A? The debt is irrelevant and shouldn't be fear that the government will raise tax to pay this back because the RBA bought the big percentage of Australian bond to pay for all these stimulus by printing money to purchase them so effectively we have lent the money to us and if we/us end up defaulting on this debt which is very likely to happen, it won't matter. Now if the government started to print the money themself to pay for this stimulus, they will introduce inflation and make the currency virtually worthless which has happen in 3rd world countries but 1st world countries all have the federal and reserve bank to bail them out.....excellently explained on SBS The Feed.
There are lots of economists who disagree with this line of thinking. MMT is still seen as radical in mainstream economics.

Oh, he had a self-preservation instinct, it just was based on the assistance of the invisible sky wizard* instead of science.

*hey, i'm religious. I just believe God is kind of a hands-off deity. She's definitely sitting back and picking sides in basketball games when she gets called upon though.

(check out the Kevin Smith movie Dogma for probably the best cinematic interpretation of Catholicism)

Dogma is one of my absolute favourites. great cast, lots of fun, not a boring minute.

Message to Grotto and other runners out there. Never thought my beach runs would kill me. Mind you I am acutely aware of this and have deliberately ran at wide angles when approaching anyone.

Coronavirus: Claim runners can infect you with COVID-19

cd14f7f85c3b59c97f0c3acc8e83daa5

I need to run like this....

giphy.gif

Supermarket Manager goes bang from outside 50m. Launches one.

Bogans need to learn a hard tough lesson, which is ironic because following the pandemic is going to be very very hard on some.

Supermarket boss’s blunt reply to toilet paper hoarder wanting refund

“I had my first customer yesterday who said he wanted to get a refund on 150 packets of 32-pack toilet paper and 150 units of one-litre sanitiser.” In 150 packs of 32-roll toilet paper there would be 4800 individual rolls.

No surprise here. Trump stopping funding to WHO.

I believe the US funds the WHO to tune of approx $450M per year. By far their biggest donor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is where I cut them some slack as it’s not ever been done before. Especially with the way commerce in conducted now days. There was a reluctance to shut it down because it’s a scary thing and unknown what would happen. Now we know how it feels we will likely do it quicker if and when the next pandemic starts as it surely will. Guaranteed now the pangolins , bats and other endangered species are back on the menu at the Chinese wet markets🤪

Maybe we excuse them a bit more had it not now been known the administration was getting intelligence reports in late 2019.

At a minimum, a halfway capable President has serious big time meetings with national security and medical health infectious disease experts the first week in January

That is the absolute minimum expectation.

I believe the US funds the WHO to tune of approx $450M per year. By far their biggest donor.

The bigger surprise is that it took this long.

MDMA and magic mushrooms to treat the mental health pandemic post the CoVid pandemic

Recall reading an article outlining the great results MDMA was getting with soldiers suffering from PTSD.

Why self preserve if you genuinely believe you’re doing god’s work and heaven awaits you. Some people really believe that stuff, that guy a prime candidate.
I've made this argument to my crazy Catholic step mother and she would always just tell me suicide is a sin. Kind of a grey area though. I'd argue not taking precautions against the virus as an older person is in effect, suicidal behaviour, but I'm not sure the church would see it that way.

Apparently there is still time to get rice and grain crops in .. I think 60 minutes ran a story on it on Sunday

They’re supposed to be all meeting this week to discuss it
I'd prefer that we imported cotton and rice from Asia, as we don't have the water required for either of them.

Former golf star Paige Spiranac keeping busy by practicing golf indoors during isolation in the US.

ever had such a bad case of the yips that you’re terrified to begin the stroke? It’s horrible. I’ve played near full rounds doing the walk past tap in ‘setup’ because I couldn’t get my putting stroke started. Another method I’ve used to break the mind lock is to set up and as a normal player would start their takeaway, I release my hands altogether, re-grip and go. The yips are a bad, bad thing and they paralyse me. Thankfully it’s only gotten that bad a handful of times.

The bigger surprise is that it took this long.
Interesting that this was an issue raised in a piece 14 months ago by the Kissinger Foundation .. point 3 on the key issues specifically mentions the WHO shortfalls in regard to future health emergencies

548C8C6C-B1E2-4271-A780-4E072903DAD6.png

I'd prefer that we imported cotton and rice from Asia, as we don't have the water required for either of them.
Our major recent source of rice is Vietnam, who have stopped exporting since the outbreak of the pandemic in order to ensure their own food security.

The idea is to sow a rice crop in now to shore up domestic supply. Agree that long term rice may not be a viable crop

Supermarket Manager goes bang from outside 50m. Launches one.

Bogans need to learn a hard tough lesson, which is ironic because following the pandemic is going to be very very hard on some.

Supermarket boss’s blunt reply to toilet paper hoarder wanting refund

“I had my first customer yesterday who said he wanted to get a refund on 150 packets of 32-pack toilet paper and 150 units of one-litre sanitiser.” In 150 packs of 32-roll toilet paper there would be 4800 individual rolls.

Thats my local Drakes at which i haven't seen toilet rolls for 5 or 6 weeks. Hope that scumbag goes broke.

Good on him, let China fund their "World" Health Organisation, hope we follow suit (if we fund them at all)

Maybe the G20 (-China) can set up and fund a real WHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back