Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
No surprise here. Trump stopping funding to WHO.

I believe the US funds the WHO to tune of approx $450M per year. By far their biggest donor.

He should also cut funding to himself. Don't know who is worse out of him or the WHO. Will have to go with the Don.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Good on him, let China find their "World" Health Organistation, hope we follow suit (if we fund them at all)

Maybe the G20 (-China) can set up and fund a real WHO
The WHO is an agency of the UN. There’s a lot to play yet I think. It’ll be interesting to see how Europe and the UK react to this.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
ever had such a bad case of the yips that you’re terrified to begin the stroke? It’s horrible. I’ve played near full rounds doing the walk past tap in ‘setup’ because I couldn’t get my putting stroke started. Another method I’ve used to break the mind lock is to set up and as a normal player would start their takeaway, I release my hands altogether, re-grip and go. The yips are a bad, bad thing and they paralyse me. Thankfully it’s only gotten that bad a handful of times.
Yeah suffered from the yips myself mainly when younger especially in penant competition and it can be demoralising especially when hitting it close consistently. A lot of putting is purely mental but often many amateurs don't focus enough on working out the correct line and speed prior to setup. Found the forward press to start the stroke can alleviate some problems as well. If all else fails go the claw.

Last edited:
Thats my local Drakes at which i haven't seen toilet rolls for 5 or 6 weeks. Hope that scumbag goes broke.

From the toilet paper calculator.

100 Rolls will last him 800 days. (2 visits a day)

Extrapolating this to 4800 rolls he will have a personal supply for 38,400 days which is ~105 years. His great grandchildren will be rolling their eyes at him.

1.png

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
From the toilet paper calculator.

100 Rolls will last him 800 days. (2 visits a day)

Extrapolating this to 4800 rolls he will have a personal supply for 38,400 days which is ~105 years. His great grandchildren will be rolling their eyes at him.

View attachment 858107
Was no mention by Drake whether this guy was wearing any sort of Powaa paraphernalia upon his return. I take that as a given.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Jesus Christ. How is it fair that you can't ask tenants prove financial hardship? Wtf is unreasonable about that? If they haven't actually lost their jobs, why should they be entitled to lower rent? This is an absolute disaster. Tenants will just stop paying rent.

Jesus Christ. How is it fair that you can't ask tenants prove financial hardship? Wtf is unreasonable about that? If they haven't actually lost their jobs, why should they be entitled to lower rent? This is an absolute disaster. Tenants will just stop paying rent.

I have little sympathy for landlords given it's just an investment for them... but these laws are legit garbage. Rushed, flawed, and unfair.

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
Emailed our real estate agent as we have lost a housemate directly due to the virus who is now back in Hobart, without a job, and who still has all their stuff in the room but cant get it as borders are closed so it's hard to get a new housemate

Got an email back saying go to Centrelink - uh... that doesn't fit our situation at all
Real estate agents are morons

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Emailed our real estate agent as we have lost a housemate directly due to the virus who is now back in Hobart, without a job, and who still has all their stuff in the room but cant get it as borders are closed so it's hard to get a new housemate

Got an email back saying go to Centrelink - uh... that doesn't fit our situation at all
Real estate agents are morons
Can’t remember, but is your old housemate eligible for Centrelink payments?

Can’t remember, but is your old housemate eligible for Centrelink payments?

That would appear to be another saga waiting in line and waiting to speak to someone at Centrelink.

If your patience isnt tested, then the potential to catch the Coronavirus will get you. Its a smart plan by the Govt, this way if you die, no need for Centrelink payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back