Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
Emailed our real estate agent as we have lost a housemate directly due to the virus who is now back in Hobart, without a job, and who still has all their stuff in the room but cant get it as borders are closed so it's hard to get a new housemate

Got an email back saying go to Centrelink - uh... that doesn't fit our situation at all
Real estate agents are morons
Ask them to keep paying rent until they clear out there stuff so you can re-let the room?

Sell all their stuff on Gumtree, and re-let the room?

I have little sympathy for landlords given it's just an investment for them... but these laws are legit garbage. Rushed, flawed, and unfair.
A business is also an investment. Do you have sympathy for all those people going out of business?

I'm a landlord but I'm also a working class person on an average wage. Laws that allow tenants to bail on their rent could bankrupt me and I don't even have the option to just move into the place myself.

Last edited:

A business is also an investment. Do you have sympathy for all those people going out of business?

I'm a landlord but I'm also a working class person on an average wage. Laws that allow tenants to bail on their rent could bankrupt me and I don't even have the option to just move into the place myself.
Morrison hasn't thought it through properly. Touch wood our tenants have kept paying. For now.

Morrison hasn't thought it through properly. Touch wood our tenants have kept paying. For now.
It's not up to him. It's up to the state governments.

I've got no issues negotiating lower rent payments if tenants are in financial hardship. What Queensland is doing though is basically making squatting legal. It's totally insane.

different sort of tenant choosing not to pay

Not to be confused with this Tennant

aa699e3480225a11f3c65843eb020b9d.gif

I agree that the tenancies stuff needs to be fair on everyone and tenants obviously need to prove hardship.

But I really do not agree how Australia has made 'building wealth' from residential property so enticing and so prevalent.

Building passive wealth using housing is much different to using businesses.

Hopefully after this is over, we shift policy towards affordability over encouraging speculation.

Emailed our real estate agent as we have lost a housemate directly due to the virus who is now back in Hobart, without a job, and who still has all their stuff in the room but cant get it as borders are closed so it's hard to get a new housemate

Got an email back saying go to Centrelink - uh... that doesn't fit our situation at all
Real estate agents are morons
So this person is not on the Real Estate Tenancy Agreement ?

I agree that the tenancies stuff needs to be fair on everyone and tenants obviously need to prove hardship.

But I really do not agree how Australia has made 'building wealth' from residential property so enticing and so prevalent.

Building passive wealth using housing is much different to using businesses.

Hopefully after this is over, we shift policy towards affordability over encouraging speculation.
Well making squatting legal will kill property investment in this country and maybe that would be a good thing for the country in the long term. It's going to be brutal in the short term though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supermarket Manager goes bang from outside 50m. Launches one.

Bogans need to learn a hard tough lesson, which is ironic because following the pandemic is going to be very very hard on some.

Supermarket boss’s blunt reply to toilet paper hoarder wanting refund

“I had my first customer yesterday who said he wanted to get a refund on 150 packets of 32-pack toilet paper and 150 units of one-litre sanitiser.” In 150 packs of 32-roll toilet paper there would be 4800 individual rolls.

Heard this on the radio an hour or so ago... first thing that I instantly thought about the hoarder’s predicament was;

hahahahaha... sucked in you grub.. EAFD you *******.

It is just so good to see karma catching up with some of these idiots.

So this person is not on the Real Estate Tenancy Agreement ?

You mean the lease? No, she is not on the lease

Some people have no idea how share housing works

We aren't all nuclear families

------

My old housemate's situation was a weird one. She lives in Hobart with her husband and son. She worked at Tullermarine Airport Mon-Thurs with Tiger operations - she'd fly to Melb monday morning, stay at our place in the room she rented mon-wed and fly back to Hobart thurs night

Tiger gone bust so she lost her job - she still has her expenses at her family house in Hobart - it's a s**t situation for everyone but it's not as simple as her going to Centrelink to pay rent for my place - she needs that for her house in Tasmania

That's also why at this stage she can't come get her stuff - we're trying to sort a storage place at the moment

Reminder, people are dying by the thousands every day

But, this clown needs sports

Also...he is so unburdened by work that he can watch reruns of baseball

Must be nice

Well making squatting legal will kill property investment in this country and maybe that would be a good thing for the country in the long term. It's going to be brutal in the short term though.

I don't think the intention of the bill is to make squatting legal, it's to stop landlords from making people homeless. They clearly wrote the law poorly in this instance. There should be protections for both landlords and tenants, for example mortgage freezes.

In Victoria evictions are also prevented right now, however you do have to prove financial hardship and if you stop paying rent without proof you could be sued.

The WHO is an agency of the UN. There’s a lot to play yet I think. It’ll be interesting to see how Europe and the UK react to this.
The UK actually increased its funding to the WHO just in the past week..

Australia have come out today saying they will continue to fund the WHO..

me thinks this attack on the WHO is nothing more than the Orange moron and his supporters desperate attempts to deflect attention away from the Donalds absolute balls up that has resulted in a complete disaster in the US..

the WHO may have a lot to answer for.. but nowhere near as much as the alt-right and the orange moron would like you to believe it does.. Its what they do whenever Donald *s up.. they find someone else to shift the blame onto.. they are piss weak.

You mean the lease? No, she is not on the lease

Some people have no idea how share housing works

We aren't all nuclear families

Did your landlord approve of your subletting? It's generally prohibited in most tenancy agreements

I don't think the intention of the bill is to make squatting legal, it's to stop landlords from making people homeless. They clearly wrote the law poorly in this instance. There should be protections for both landlords and tenants, for example mortgage freezes.

In Victoria evictions are also prevented right now, however you do have to prove financial hardship and if you stop paying rent without proof you could be sued.
I'm only talking about what Queensland are doing. I have no issue with what Victoria is proposing. I support the moratorium on evictions providing tenants don't act in bad faith.

Did your landlord approve of your subletting? It's generally prohibited in most tenancy agreements
Yep. You need to ask permission and landlords have the right to refuse.

I'm only talking about what Queensland are doing. I have no issue with what Victoria is proposing. I support the moratorium on evictions providing tenants don't act in bad faith.

Like I said, I don't think Queensland are purposefully legalizing squatting, it's a consequence of their poorly written law

It's not up to him. It's up to the state governments.

I've got no issues negotiating lower rent payments if tenants are in financial hardship. What Queensland is doing though is basically making squatting legal. It's totally insane.
I've already negotiated and have halved the rent on my only 'investment property' (investment property - what a joke. All it's done over the time I've had it is cost me money and time hahaha) The tenant is fantastic so I genuinely want to help her, and I don't want to lose her as a tenant. Its a financial setback for me, but it's nothing compared to how her business and income has been decimated.

The alternative is, she could have stopped paying rent and stayed on for 6 months free, (not that she threatened that and nor I think would she) before me trying to recoup the rent with what I would expect to be a costly shitstorm.

Again this is bullshit that ignores share housing realities

One of our housemates moved out, we replaced her with a new one

Subletting as far as I'm concerned is if you start turning the back shed into a room without telling anyone or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back