Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
Good lord it’s once a fortnight. Get a grip.
Can’t change this kid believe me he’s the most stubborn human I’ve ever encountered.😫
We’ve had police come due to his tantrums🤣.
The other one will eat anything.

They are youre kids feed them whatever you want. Its your choice. :)

Yeah suffered from the yips myself mainly when younger especially in penant competition and it can be demoralising especially when hitting it close consistently. A lot of putting is purely mental but often many amateurs don't focus enough on working out the correct line and speed prior to setup. Found the forward press to start the stroke can alleviate some problems as well. If all else fails go the claw.

I put with both index fingers either side of the grip pointing at the ground. I’ve not changed for 20 years probably. Mates change a every now and again, there’s some weird looking grips out there. I’ve putted on the practice green whilst holding a ball in my right hand, left hand normal and it’s been as smooth as silk. Never tried it out there, not sure if it’s allowed.

I know it's a fair way away, but can't help but wonder what the first event that will be allowed to have spectators will be. Most of our biggest events are in the second half of the year.

State of origin (not sure it even goes ahead)
AFL
Spring racing carnival
Bathurst
City2Surf
Philip Island (MotoGP)
Christmas pageant
Day/night test

They are youre kids feed them whatever you want. Its your choice. :)
I generally cook proper dinners. I made kung pow chicken tonight. He’s had a few bites and gone made Himself a peanut butter sandwich. I actually thought he hated peanut butter but they’ve been here on their own in the days while I’m working for 3 straight weeks, so things have morphed a bit.

Thinking of having a blood test for Coronavirus if I had it in the last 6 weeks. :think:

Given that 20% can be asymptomatic, coupled that I was feeling a little run down during this time. Didnt effect my working out whatsoever which involved weights and cardio, which I thought was a good sign that I dont, but beginning to think very differently now.

Probably more paranoia than anything else, but first need to know if my blood test denies someone of a test, but my understanding is that it is like any blood test as opposed to testing someone with active Coronavirus in their system.

John Who

Thinking of having a blood test for Coronavirus if I had it in the last 6 weeks. :think:

Given that 20% can be asymptomatic, coupled that I was feeling a little run down during this time. Didnt effect my working out whatsoever which involved weights and cardio, which I thought was a good sign that I dont, but beginning to think very differently now.

Probably more paranoia than anything else, but first need to know if my blood test denies someone of a test, but my understanding is that it is like any blood test as opposed to testing someone with active Coronavirus in their system.

John Who

I generally cook proper dinners. I made kung pow chicken tonight. He’s had a few bites and gone made Himself a peanut butter sandwich. I actually thought he hated peanut butter but they’ve been here on their own in the days while I’m working for 3 straight weeks, so things have morphed a bit.

Apologies if it appeared I was taking a cheap shot. I wasnt.

I see so many parents with kids these days feeding them with decent healthy nutritional food as opposed to say 20 years ago.

Chicken was a good choice, that shouldnt be poison to them, they should feel lucky to have that. I would throw out or never buy peanut butter again for them. If its not in the kitchen they cant eat it.

Its just that I have seen so many extremely overweight kids today compared to say when we were kids when there was usually maybe one or two fat kids in the entire class.

Its also the holding dams Rice should be grown in tropics, Or Dry rice should be Grown, non-flooding farming,
My girlfriend in Borneo was telling me they dry farm rice where she is. I didn’t know this was possible. It’s very interesting having this relationship with someone from a different culture. Virtually every day I learn something new from her.
My grandfather served In Borneo in WW2 and unfortunately never got to ask him anything about his time there.
Can’t wait to go there and learn all about the place.

Apologies if it appeared I was taking a cheap shot. I wasnt.

I see so many parents with kids these days feeding them with decent healthy nutritional food as opposed to say 20 years ago.

Chicken was a good choice, that shouldnt be poison to them, they should feel lucky to have that. I would throw out or never buy peanut butter again for them. If its not in the kitchen they cant eat it.

Its just that I have seen so many extremely overweight kids today compared to say when we were kids when there was usually maybe one or two fat kids in the entire class.
Poor eating/nutrition is a major growing problem in Australia. Combined with a lack of exercise & we have an ever increasing obesity problem.

Imo the Government should do more, including in schools to teach healthy cooking. We used to cook for our teachers once a week, then with our profits at the end of term would go out to a quality restaurant like Rigonis. Learnt the love of cooking & eating from an early age

You do realise if its a blood test they can test for levels of other components.

I have regular blood tests as my doctor has made me get them, so asking to get checked for the coronavirus I am assuming is not an issue.
Of course but you mentioned you were probably just paranoia on your part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor eating/nutrition is a major growing problem in Australia. Combined with a lack of exercise & we have an ever increasing obesity problem.

Imo the Government should do more, including in schools to teach healthy cooking. We used to cook for our teachers once a week, then with our profits at the end of term would go out to a quality restaurant like Rigonis. Learnt the love of cooking & eating from an early age

The ABS data showed the proportion of obese adults rose from 28 per cent in 2014-15 to 31 per cent in 2017-18, driving up the overall adult overweight or obese population to 12.5 million people - two-thirds or 67 per cent of all adults, up from 63 per cent.

Of course but you mentioned you were probably just paranoia on your part.

Yes I do think its a touch of paranoia on my part but on reflection its made me think differently given the world wide pandemic and coupled with feeling slightly low. Mind you that sensation of feeling low is possibly attributed to seeing our society being locked up to an extent.

As I said if the blood test for coronavirus in the past is a routine procedure, I will ask for it. I cant see the harm in asking for it.

Yes I do think its a touch of paranoia on my part but on reflection its made me think differently given the world wide pandemic and coupled with feeling slightly low. Mind you that sensation of feeling low is possibly attributed to seeing our society being locked up to an extent.

As I said if the blood test for coronavirus in the past is a routine procedure, I will ask for it. I cant see the harm in asking for it.
I’m convinced now that I know I have it, that I had it in late January.
I was on the flight between Melbourne and GC that had 3 positive people in late January. We were 2 seats from the infected people. Week after I had the strangest day where I was completely devoid of energy and wanted to lay in bed, feeling unwell then a couple of days later was fine. Same feeling as this. I suspect the virus has gone through more people than we think.

Yes, good eating habits can & should be taught to kids.
I’ve got 2 boys here 12/14. The 14 year old will eat anything pretty much. He actually cooked dinner tonight after my instructions. 12 year old is a horrible eater but very smart and claims that he’ll eat healthy when his taste matures and he likes healthy food. He just screws me with logic. Incrementally he gets a little better because him making a sandwich for dinner was actually a milestone. His older brother was doing that at 6 years old. Kids are weird.

Glory be.......

Coronavirus, Ruby Princess: Photo shows passengers never stood a chance

fc81b5a2ab05aa48cbe589f6e40cb4cd

I suspect the virus has gone through more people than we think.

Im convinced also that some people may have got it and waited till symptoms got worse till their sorted medical assistance. If the symptoms regressed than they did not seek treatment due to the stigma associated with having it.

Depending on where you live, there are restaurants in town that open past midnight.
I ain't driving to town to get food. That's crazy talk. Aside from going to work, I'm basically an agoraphobe who lives 99.9% of his life in Somerton Park.

In any case, I've cut down on fast food a fair bit. I've been hitting up take away places on Jetty Road instead. My housemate is bloody shocking though. I've seen him eat KFC, Hungry Jacks and McDonalds all on the same day.

I know it's a fair way away, but can't help but wonder what the first event that will be allowed to have spectators will be. Most of our biggest events are in the second half of the year.

AFL
Spring racing carnival
Bathurst
City2Surf
Philip Island (MotoGP)
Christmas pageant
Day/night test
Went to Bathurst last year. I’d be more concerned with freezing to death than Cv-19 personally. This Cairns boy was ill prepared ❄️☃️

AFL
Spring racing carnival
Bathurst
City2Surf
Philip Island (MotoGP)
Christmas pageant
Day/night test
Cricket I reckon

Mate don't listen to the sanctimonious campaigner. He doesn't cook himself, gets Uber Eats for every meal yet he wants to lecture you on how you provide for two teenage boys for meals.

What is wrong here is that you are being forced to explain yourself instead of telling him, quite rightly, to * off and not stick his nose in other peoples business.

You do realise if its a blood test they can test for levels of other components.

I have regular blood tests as my doctor has made me get them, so asking to get checked for the coronavirus I am assuming is not an issue.
I wouldn't accuse you of being paranoid. That song slaps though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back