Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
Agreed - and both have windows where they can produce a false negative.

The RNA test can't detect CV-19 in the first 24 hours. The antibody test can't detect it until the body starts producing antibodies, which as you pointed out, may not be for a week or more.

We know that China sent tests to several countries which were only 30% accurate. What we haven't been told, as far as I'm aware, is how accurate the tests we're currently using are. Putting the previously noted windows aside, what are the probabilities of these tests giving false positives or false negatives?
Too complicated of a question for me. Testing is still in its relative infancy of the Covid19, so I would suspect better tests will come along with better specificity and sensitivity. It really boils down to your symptoms and the doctor's assessments, which would give you a better idea of how long to rest for, or whether you should attend to ED. The tests alone, do not necessarily tell you what to do.

I’m convinced now that I know I have it, that I had it in late January.
I was on the flight between Melbourne and GC that had 3 positive people in late January. We were 2 seats from the infected people. Week after I had the strangest day where I was completely devoid of energy and wanted to lay in bed, feeling unwell then a couple of days later was fine. Same feeling as this. I suspect the virus has gone through more people than we think.

The likelihood that you have it is very remote. About 5 out of every 400 people with appropriate symptoms like you with a known link test positive. And you’re convinced that you have it? I wonder how many of the 395 out of 400 who tested negative were also delusional.

Agreed - and both have windows where they can produce a false negative.

The RNA test can't detect CV-19 in the first 24 hours. The antibody test can't detect it until the body starts producing antibodies, which as you pointed out, may not be for a week or more.

We know that China sent tests to several countries which were only 30% accurate. What we haven't been told, as far as I'm aware, is how accurate the tests we're currently using are. Putting the previously noted windows aside, what are the probabilities of these tests giving false positives or false negatives?

Less than 24 hours would be a quick turnaround to getting infected, developing symptoms and having a swab shoved into your brain. I think we can rule a line through the vast majority of RNA tests returning a false positive due to the 24hr window.

The likelihood that you have it is very remote. About 5 out of every 400 people with appropriate symptoms like you with a known link test positive. And you’re convinced that you have it? I wonder how many of the 395 out of 400 who tested negative were also delusional.
He did test positive the other day.

his post less than 12 hours ago is based on pure guesswork. Nothing in that post suggests any testing, let alone a positive test. Are you thinking of someone else?
Read it again, he tested positive 3 days ago and is convinced he also had it earlier.

Read it again, he tested positive 3 days ago and is convinced he also had it earlier.

Definitely didn’t see that in either my first or second read of that post, crystal clear now. I guess being convinced you have it after testing positive kind of takes delusional off the table. Sorry 1990crow , my reading comprehension lacking somewhat. And the morning following an AFD to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back