Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Has anyone successfully nailed a banana/snap goal on the run yet? The tutorial states to have the player facing inwards to the ground when holding L2/Triangle but 99% of the time the player bombs a torp out on the full....

Dafuq?

tGNZLun.png

I wanna know how 5% of people haven't got this trophy? I play 3.5 minute quarters and there'd be about 5 posters a match I reckon.

Has anyone successfully nailed a banana/snap goal on the run yet? The tutorial states to have the player facing inwards to the ground when holding L2/Triangle but 99% of the time the player bombs a torp out on the full....

Dafuq?
Nope. It's almost impossible to get the time and space to try it, the ball just doesn't go in the pocket unless I make a concerted effort to get it there, but when I do it shanks a mile away and like you said, doesn't even look like it bends half the time.

Fretless108

Rookie
Apr 10, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Notre Dame, Sheffield United
I have a question for the more "seasoned" types on here. I've only ever played Career Mode on Evo 1 & 2, and even then just as a rookie because I basically just like playing the one player. My question is: If I play the coach career, do I have to play the whole team or can I just play as one of the players in the team and let the rest of the team do their own thing?

I know that I could actually just try and find out myself but I want to save some time.

tGNZLun.png

I wanna know how 5% of people haven't got this trophy? I play 3.5 minute quarters and there'd be about 5 posters a match I reckon.

Maybe they have it installed but not played. I know steam still counts from install for achievement percentage.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy

Dafuq?
Yep, did one yesterday in game against Sydney. More by accident than design, not sure what buttons i had done it. I know how to do torpedo's, clearance kicks and normal kicks but never tried snap kicks on boundary line but this was about 30 minutes out from goal near half forward and fluked it but not sure combination of buttons I did it at the time. But it did show me it can be done.

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
Another epic game (against CPU)
Down at Kardinia, cats kicked away quickly, slowly reeled them in a few times, mounted a big charge in the last quarter, came back to within 3 points, 1min to go, Bailey Fritsch running straight into goal, one cat on the goal line, pulled the kick for a point. Game over.

20200416_102909.jpg

20200416_102945.jpg

20200416_103139.jpg

Very happy with the sliders right now.

One thing I reckon is the pressure awareness slider directly controls "dumb AI"
Turn this up, and instantly I noticed them making wayyy less stupid kicks. Zero out on the full kick out/play ons! Think I bumped up tackle awareness for them too.
Maybe try this (and legend difficulty) if you are getting frustrated at dumb ai kicking.
I also noticed sloppier kicks as the game went on, as I have fatigue all the way up. But this one I can accept.

BlackMamba

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bentleigh
...if you could just move the camera with the bloody right stick after marks and free kicks I'd be so much happier
This seems to be a common request...but would only work for single player.

what are people’s thoughts on this for things like local multiplayer games?
As the opponent you’re subject to what the ball carrier wants the camera to be. (Granted, that’s how it is for kick-ins right now).

Dafuq?
I’ve got what I believe were snap goals on the run, but in reality they were probably sideways drop punts or something.

Team mate AI does my head in every now and then. You do all the hard work and they're too obsessed with their direct opponent which undoes it all. This one below is a prime example. Team mate runs off his man to make perfect positioning for the handball receive, then right as I'm about to handball to him he does a 180 and hoofs it back behind his direct opponent so that it gets intercepted, and refuses to turn around until it's too late. They just do not know how to run to space. If I have the ball they should not have any interest in returning to their man but I get stung with this all the time, handballing or kicking to them just as they decide to run back past their man setting me up for an intercept.

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Another epic game (against CPU)
Down at Kardinia, cats kicked away quickly, slowly reeled them in a few times, mounted a big charge in the last quarter, came back to within 3 points, 1min to go, Bailey Fritsch running straight into goal, one cat on the goal line, pulled the kick for a point. Game over.

View attachment 858656
View attachment 858657
View attachment 858658

Very happy with the sliders right now.

One thing I reckon is the pressure awareness slider directly controls "dumb AI"
Turn this up, and instantly I noticed them making wayyy less stupid kicks. Zero out on the full kick out/play ons! Think I bumped up tackle awareness for them too.
Maybe try this (and legend difficulty) if you are getting frustrated at dumb ai kicking.
I also noticed sloppier kicks as the game went on, as I have fatigue all the way up. But this one I can accept.
What sliders as a whole are you using? Will try out what you've suggested

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
... except of course that it just doesn't.

Does a 2011 game from an older generation play better than a 2020 version?

That we could debate.

Has the 2020 version improved visually enough when compared to a 2011 PS3 game?

Again, argue away.

But...
"an AFL game from 2011 on an older generation console looks better than a 2020 version of the same game on a newer console
('same game' is debatable in itself)."

So you agree that I may have an argument on both counts, so what is your point? That my choice of "same game" over similar was incorrect? Fine, I'll concede that game breaking point.

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
I bumped up the difficulty and quarter length (to 7.5 min) and played a great derby. First half of the first quarter was an arm wrestle, ball barely went into my forward 50, but I was defending quite well. Then Freo just went BANG and slammed on something like 6 goals. s**t.

West Coast 2.0 (12) Freo 6.3 (39) at quarter time.

Second quarter went goal for goal but I started to close the gap a bit.

West Coast 8.0 (48) Freo 10.3 (63) at half time.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. Enter Jack Darling. Unsighted in the first half, he sprung to life in the third, slamming on three goals in no time at all to swing momentum my way. Freo were rattled, and barely fired a shot in the premiership quarter.

West Coast 15.0 (90) Freo 10.5 (65) at three quarter time.

Gotta love how easy goal kicking is! :moustache:

Last quarter I continued my third quarter dominance before Freo kicked some junk time goals towards the end of the game. Freo's dominance in the last not reflected on the scoreboard as they kicked 3.5 to my 3.3, but the ball was in Freo's forward line for the majority of the quarter.

West Coast 18.3 (111) def. Freo 13.10 (88)

Jesse Hogan best for the Dockers, with 4 goals from 15 touches. Walters with 2 from 10. Down the other end JK booted 5 and Darling 4, while the game decided that Brad Sheppard is a forward for some reason, and he kicked 5 :straining: I also had Tom Cole in the ruck for a while :straining:

The AI doing dumb s**t like kicking it out on the full under no pressure was balanced out by me doing dumb s**t too (usually by hitting the wrong button, Freo's last goal was scored after I accidentally dribbled it to the man on the mark instead of stab kicking it to the free Eagle in the pocket :$ And just in the heat of the moment hitting the wrong button or forgetting what I can do, like bumping and bracing).

Game would have been much closer if it was harder for me to kick goals, and the AI didn't spray it so much. Freo's scoreline much more realistic though, even if some of their misses defied belief.

Looking forward to the patches so that as I get better with the controls etc I don't end up steamrolling them as they spray it all over the place.

EDIT: Used HoneyBadger35 's camera settings and they worked well.

Last edited:
If the switch has its own bugs and issues due to the hybrid docking and handheld, we can do its own bug and feedback list

I suspect it will be largely the same though

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just something I’ve picked up that’s shi**ing me a little. I’ll have a player having a shot for goal on the run on his preferred side (right footer) and he’ll end up kicking on his opposite foot and it goes out on the full. Why would this happen? Is it an issue with the game or am I just poor on the run lol?

Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just something I’ve picked up that’s shi**ing me a little. I’ll have a player having a shot for goal on the run on his preferred side (right footer) and he’ll end up kicking on his opposite foot and it goes out on the full. Why would this happen? Is it an issue with the game or am I just poor on the run lol?

The Steele Sidebottom feature but he usually would convert a goal still 😅

BigAntStudios the one thing I really would like to hear your opinion on is if there is anything in Evo 2 that has surprised you or made you want said feature in Live 1? Other than the adjustable sock height I mean 😂

To compare with AFL Live, it had no career, etc. as the focus was on getting the game play right, the rest is great, but you've got to have a good core game. On that basis, there really isn't anything in Evo 2 that had me go "WOW! I'll be stealing that idea!" but I'd be happy to hear others opinions on that, gameplay wise, that moment just hasn't happened for me.

As an aside, since I am here, I am guessing the NBA "Jesus" bug was what we call a "T-Pose" - whenever we have mo-cap done, the first thing you get actors to do, for camera calibration, is make a T-Pose, sometimes you would just put it into a game as placeholder while you're in development, so everyone on the team can see that it obviously needs to be replaced with a legitimate animation. Someone likely didn't replace the animation and put it into the final game. Would suck to be the guy that did that! (Although, we're not immune to those sorts of errors here at BA. We had a guy comment out all of the cut-scenes in AO 1 as he was sick of seeing them - he committed that to the Gold Master and we shipped without cut-scenes being played, we immediately patched it but it was too late for reviewers... got caned, especially by IGN.)

I really need to leave this thread to Sebastian Giompaolo

Had a game on Legend against the Gold Coast Suns, smashed them by 100 points (113 to 13). Played Geelong a week later, they shot out to a 27 point lead......... I slowly reeled it in (low scoring). Didn't think I was going to win as I was still 2 goals down with less than 5 minutes (maybe under 2 minutes real time) left. I ended up kicking 3 goals in quick succession to just sneak over the line with the win.

Its out on switch. I just got it. When was it released. I though it was gonna be May.

Great news today when I checked the e store.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

tenor.gif

Not double dipping just yet, Evolution 2 is fun... but not double dipping (unless the issues get patched) kind of fun :p

For people who have played a fair bit of career mode

after being drafted to a team do you get an opportunity to be traded to another club at the end of the season or once you have been drafted to a team you are locked into that team?

Back