NFL 2020 NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Dolphins pairing Jordan Howard with CEH would be fun to watch, would have a certain Ingram and Kamara feel about it. Thunder and Lightning.

As for swift, I actually reckon he's somewhat overrated. I have him the fourth best rb in this class behind Dobbins, Taylor and CEH in that order.

Initially I liked Zac Moss more than him too, but that pedestrian combine time has me worried.
I've got Swift, Taylor, Dobbins and CEH. I just love watching Swift and personally I give him the edge just because of his footwork which I think most easily translates at the next level, his production is good when you consider his actual usage and I think he's got a more diverse fit into the league than the rest. I definitely think it's close amongst all 4 and Taylor's combine performance surprised me and has made it hard for me not to swap him and Swift. My main concern for Taylor was his catching which looked great at the combine and the incredibly high usage. Who knows though I feel like with the RB's fit is the most important thing to their production, more than most positions.

I've got Swift, Taylor, Dobbins and CEH. I just love watching Swift and personally I give him the edge just because of his footwork which I think most easily translates at the next level, his production is good when you consider his actual usage and I think he's got a more diverse fit into the league than the rest. I definitely think it's close amongst all 4 and Taylor's combine performance surprised me and has made it hard for me not to swap him and Swift. My main concern for Taylor was his catching which looked great at the combine and the incredibly high usage. Who knows though I feel like with the RB's fit is the most important thing to their production, more than most positions.

Yea that's fair enough. I like Dobbins because he's just good at everything, not great, but solid at worst. Technique is up there with best in the class, good pass blocker, solid pass catcher. What I love most is that he does all the little things really well re; technique... like switch the ball and carry it on the opposite side of an incoming tackler when in the open field one on one. Just a real smart player who runs tough and solid all round. He might not quite have the upside of some others but I just can't see how he could bust either. I know it's a somewhat lazy comparison given they both played for OSU but he really does remind of a Zeke lite.

Lions had a second visit with Utah RB Zack Moss.
Detroit has been linked to a number of running backs throughout the offseason, holding virtual meetings with Georgia's D'Andre Swift, Ohio State's J.K. Dobbins, and Appalachian State's Darrynton Evans. The team has also been rumored to consider Wisconsin's Jonathan Taylor at No. 35 overall. Regardless of his talent, the organization is clearly looking to add another viable runner behind Kerryon Johnson, who has missed 14 of a possible 32 games with multiple knee injuries since joining the Lions as their No. 43 overall pick in '18. Coach Matt Patricia’s preference to rotate backs on gameday likely leaves Johnson stuck in a committee (again) this upcoming season.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Logan Lamorandier on Twitter
Apr 16, 2020, 9:45 PM ET

The screen pass % is eye popping, that's some quality work by Kolman. Only confirms "bust" further in my mind. The truth biscuit is a good comparison.

I haven't bothered scouting the QBs, but him throwing a high number of screens (even for college) was definitely something I noticed in the couple of Oregon games I watched. Didn't realise it was quite that high though.

Seeing some of those throws I have no idea how people think Herbert could go as high as #3 overall and yet Lamar Jackson made it all the way to #32 just two years ago.

Looks to me like the QB rankings should be 1. Burrow, 2. Tua, 3. Daylight (I haven't seen any of Jordan Love I don't think)

I see the WRs in much the same way as drd does QBs: 1. Lamb 2. Juedy daylight ...I'm not amazed Ruggs is getting the hype he is (because 40 times have generally meant GM orgasms re; Ross, Hayward Bey etc etc) but I am at the same time.

Those two are clear standouts.

I like Jefferson the best of the rest. Pittman is pretty underrated by many too I feel.

this year might be the prefect year to leak something to a reporter to get another team to jump early with a trade. No one can see if you are making calls in the draft center so it has a better chance to work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whenever i watched Herbert i feel like im watching Paxton Lynch

No far off honestly, the fact he's a senior too only adds further to me believing hes not good at all. . I'd be so pissed as a dolphins fans if the dolphins passed up on Tua for him.

Is Tua going to be quick enough for the NFL? Will his passing be good enough without comfort of elite OL and supporting cast? So many injuries.

Herbert’s record against better teams is a little alarming as was that video.

Is Tua going to be quick enough for the NFL? Will his passing be good enough without comfort of elite OL and supporting cast? So many injuries.

Herbert’s record against better teams is a little alarming as was that video.
Id still take him and sit him behind fitz for at least a couple of games and bama hardly had an elite OL they had two good players in leatherwood and wills.

The good old bama elite talent black mark cracks me up, anyone would think we're talking about another AJ McCarron . 😂

Just watch the tape, the proof is all there.

Becton failed a drug test at the combine apparently, which type of drug probably is the difference between him sliding a few spots (weed) or few rounds (performance enhancing)

If its weed I fully expect him to still be taken in the first round given there is no priors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back