Game Day North v Horf 94 final on 7mate now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, tbf though it was a fair roost and only fell short by half a meter.

Tbf the look on Pagans face says it all

Now don’t s**t me Spide as this is my 49,999 post and I don’t want to use 50,000k Post arguing over this game that led us to misery

Now don’t s**t me Spide as this is my 49,999 post and I don’t want to use 50,000k Post arguing over this game that led us to misery

Plans for your 50,000th post. Something worthwhile, I hope. Maybe a gif.

Don't answer that. 😁

KFC after the game? How did it compare with King Carey's performance? #Gaso50000

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You've been a bigfooty member for a bit over a year longer than me, yet have 49,200 odd extra posts! I know it's all about quality not quantity, but I now realise I've wasted my life.

Will have to celebrate hard when I get to 1000 :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time I've actually watched that game last night. At the time was playing in a losing Prelim final for my local club so didn't get to see it, and was a bit shitty. Was that a precursor to the unmentionable GF loss with the inaccuracy?? FFS!! Carey, say no more! What a legend! Crocker was good too, helmet and all.

I’m going to say it: this is the version of Longmire that’s etched more clearly in my memories of that era than the prodigy of a few years earlier. Running under the ball, getting outbodied, grassing and double-grabbing marks, turning circle of the Queen Mary. Sad to watch. I know he kicked 78 in '93, but he was just hanging on. Done as a full forward by the time he turned 25.

Bit harsh considering the bloke did two ACLs by that stage.

First time I've actually watched that game last night. At the time was playing in a losing Prelim final for my local club so didn't get to see it, and was a bit shitty. Was that a precursor to the unmentionable GF loss with the inaccuracy?? FFS!! Carey, say no more! What a legend! Crocker was good too, helmet and all.

No. We were primed and ready to go 2 weeks later after Geelong beat Carlton the next day with the late withdrawal of three of their best players prior to game time. We literally " arsed " a weeks rest.

Of course the umpires intervened and gifted the Cats a g.f. berth with a free kick count to them of 34 - 12 or something 😡😡😡

Last edited:
No. We were primed and ready to go 2 weeks later after Geelong beat Carlton the next day with the late withdrawal of three of their best players prior to game time. We literally " arsed " a weeks rest.

Of course the umpires intervened and gifted the Cats a g.f. berth with a free kick count to them of 34 - 12 or something 😡😡😡

Bairstow getting stretchered off without actually being injured when Geelong were on the verge of capitulating didn't help either but you're right. Worst umpiring I've ever seen!

Theres a pretty good write up on the game, the final free kick count was Cats 32 North 13, Cats got 6 goals from free kicks, North 0.

FINAL SCORE: Geelong 16.13 (109); North Melbourne 14.19 (103)
The Cats have scored an improbable, against the odds victory that is a testimony to their tenacity and never-say-die attitude. For the 'Roos, defeat represents the first taste of a disappointment that they will experience once again in 1995, before finally breaking through for a premiership in 1996. Geelong would go on to lose the 1994 grand final to West Coast, and would lose again, this time to Carlton, the following year. Cats fans are still waiting to see their idols take that final step.
An examination of some of the key statistics from the match is quite illuminating. North won the ball out of the centre 19 times, compared to 12 by the Cats, and this helps explain why the 'Roos penetrated 50 72 times compared to Geelong's 45, and troubled the scorers 33 times compared to their opponent's 29. Perhaps even more telling, however, was the free kick count: 32 frees to the Cats, just 13 to North. Sometimes the gods smile on you, and it appears that this was one such occasion for Geelong.

Theres a pretty good write up on the game, the final free kick count was Cats 32 North 13, Cats got 6 goals from free kicks, North 0.

Amazing you think we went inside 50 72 times and not once were Carey, Longmire, McKernan, Allison, Scholl, or Roberts infringed against. 😅

I've never supported an interstate team so vocally the next week in the g.f.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back