Your upcoming gigs

Wifey tells me Faith No More have rescheduled for March 2021.

A lot can happen between now and then but I'm taking it as some sorely needed good news for now.

hellboy1975

All Australian
Sep 25, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not confident that any shows, rescheduled or otherwise will go ahead in 2020, especially where they involve international artists.I suspect the borders will remain closed until such a time that a vaccine is ready. Even if they do open, I think the 2 week isolation isn't going anywhere, so that's a burden I don't think many bands are willing/able to deal with.

Sad to say, but I reckon it'll be an international gig free rest of 2020

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I wonder if the lack of gigs for this year means there will be double the bands touring next year and will a city like Melbourne have enough venues to cover all of them?

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Not confident that any shows, rescheduled or otherwise will go ahead in 2020, especially where they involve international artists.I suspect the borders will remain closed until such a time that a vaccine is ready. Even if they do open, I think the 2 week isolation isn't going anywhere, so that's a burden I don't think many bands are willing/able to deal with.

Sad to say, but I reckon it'll be an international gig free rest of 2020

Sadly that seems likely

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Iron Maiden has been cancelled, the money should automatically go back on the card you used within the next 20 days.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Saw an email that a Perth show for The Crystal Method had been rescheduled to December. Just saw and tickets are on sale. Surely it’s speculation at best that big enough gatherings will be allowed by then and whether international travel will be back at all. Seems dodgy to be selling tickets under the circumstances.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Saw an email that a Perth show for The Crystal Method had been rescheduled to December. Just saw and tickets are on sale. Surely it’s speculation at best that big enough gatherings will be allowed by then and whether international travel will be back at all. Seems dodgy to be selling tickets under the circumstances.

There's heaps of bands doing the same thing though. They must have had a guarantee from the government

I very much doubt that. I've expecting that an touring act from overseas that has rescheduled for later this year will almost certainly rescheduling again. It's all about keeping the money in the pockets of promoters and ticket vendors.

Reschedules and cancellations do anything but keep money in the hands of promoters and ticket vendors.

hellboy1975

All Australian
Sep 25, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Reschedules and cancellations do anything but keep money in the hands of promoters and ticket vendors.
Cancellations sure, but I was referring to rescheduling only. In rescheduling where refunds aren't offered, the money certainly isn't going to either the band or the punters.

Cancellations sure, but I was referring to rescheduling only. In rescheduling where refunds aren't offered, the money certainly isn't going to either the band or the punters.
Why wouldn't it go to the band if they've already been paid? Same regarding venue bookings. Also promoters would have lost a fair bit on marketing, etc.

Don't think it would be all kept in the promoters pocket.

Back