News Coronavirus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's amazing what people will do to hijack this spotlight.

I know nothing about:

Microbiology
Immunology
Chemistry
Viral epidemiology.

..............I know, I will make some vague extrapolations of cherry picked data and correlate it all with Donald Trump!!!!

Kinda like blaming the premier of Victoria for traffic jams ay

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The fact that Trump is president proved that contention over three years ago.

It's as if the virus itself just does not exist.

It's all just an imaginary billboard to plaster with Donald Trump.

It's as if the virus itself just does not exist.

It's all just an imaginary billboard to plaster with Donald Trump.

I'm not clear on what you mean here.

Not even his worst enemies are saying he is responsible for the virus, but whilst his supporters won't acknowledge it, he is certainly responsible for the US' inappropriate response and he's also certainly responsible for his behaviour, which is unacceptable from any adult let alone one in a position of such power.

Might be a pre-weekend spike, but who knows.

I still think Victoria are a bit light on for testing, especially when compared to Queensland. I presume that may be less regional cities, despite a greater population overall.

The last point on Mikakos' tweet is interesting ("Those confirmed positive overseas are not added to Vic tally. Only those confirmed here"). I'm unsure all states are treating the figures that way, which means the state by state numbers may not be very comparable at all.

Last edited:
Confused Californian lock-down protester. His outfit vehemently disagrees with his sign.

california-lockdown-protester.png

Might be a pre-weekend spike, but who knows.

I still think Victoria are a bit light on for testing, especially when compared to Queensland. I presume that may be less regional cities, despite a greater population overall.

The last point on Mikakos' tweet is interesting ("Those confirmed positive overseas are not added to Vic tally. Only those confirmed here"). I'm unsure all states are treating the figures that way, which means the state by state numbers may not be very comparable at all.

Yes Queensland have conducted more tests than Victoria. Marginally more in total. Obviously more per capita as Victoria has some 6 Million people as opposed to Queensland’s 5 Million. However Victoria did boost their testing yesterday.

942DA147-E7E3-438B-A50F-F8C78FEFFC6C.png

Yes Queensland have conducted more tests than Victoria. Marginally more in total. Obviously more per capita as Victoria has some 6 Million people as opposed to Queensland’s 5 Million. However Victoria did boost their testing yesterday.

Yeah, 'Total Tests Per Million People' are Vic = 11,916 & Qld = 16,719. SA actually leads the way in that stat with 22,384.

I'm not clear on what you mean here.

Not even his worst enemies are saying he is responsible for the virus, but whilst his supporters won't acknowledge it, he is certainly responsible for the US' inappropriate response and he's also certainly responsible for his behaviour, which is unacceptable from any adult let alone one in a position of such power.
The virus exists in a vacuum of scientific purity and talking about human responses to this crisis just sullies that purity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back