News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderator Edit

Old thread locked - link is here:

New thread - same rules - report anything objectionable and the mods will get to it ASAP

No personal abuse - thread bans will be handed out

Most recent COVID-19 numbers:

Maggotted, I’m stealing that one.
You can have this one too:

Margetted.

Hopefully you'll never have to use it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can have this one too:

Margetted.

Hopefully you'll never have to use it again.

Is that what happens when you get shafted by the home ground umpire?
Or Mrs Thatcher comes a calling?

Is that what happens when you get shafted by the home ground umpire?
Or Mrs Thatcher comes a calling?
We're a long way south of Watford, but she's not welcome in this house

Keeping a close eye on community transmissions.

We needed to widen the testing parameters and tracing to get the hidden stuff.

The map of community transmissions would be an interesting one, it will likely be a small area of hotspots which we could do more aggressive testing in and start deploying greater cleanup measures.

Cyber_punk

Doomer
Feb 16, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's what I like about Seinfeld so much, he knew when it was time to pull the plug. Go out while on top.

Life imitates art. Or something.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Not sure if this has already posted, but don't expect life to change too much too soon in Victoria.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Coronavirus crisis: Premier Mark McGowan confirms WA recorded only three new cases overnight
Carmelle Wilkinson
The West Australian
Saturday, 18 April 2020

There have been three new cases of COVID-19 overnight in WA, with two from the Artania Cruise Ship, bringing the State’s total number of cases to 544.
The locally acquired case is a Rio Tinto worker who returned to WA from a trip to Bali, a move which was slammed by WA Premier Mark McGowan.

“I just want to express my disappointment at this case,” he said.
“It was pretty selfish and irresponsible to travel to Bali last month during these circumstances we were facing.

It is believed the worker self-isolated on his return and contact tracing was now underway.

The worker who tested positive to COVID-19 was one of 1600 Rio Tinto workers who undertook blood tests this week to determine the presence of antibodies.
Mr McGowan said this was the second time WA had recorded just one local case.
“This just shows how well WA is handling the pandemic and the severe restrictions and travel bans,” he said.
He personally thanked the WA public for adhering to social distancing and personal hygiene measures.
The number of active cases in the State has dropped to 149, with 11 new recoveries overnight.
Two-hundred-and-twenty-one of the State’s total cases have come from cruise ships.
There are currently six patients in ICU.
The Premier confirmed the Artania Cruise ship had left Fremantle port and in a few days would be out of Australian waters.
“We are very pleased to see it leave Fremantle this afternoon. We can breathe a sigh of relief,” he said.
The ship will now head to Indonesia where some staff will disembark, before the long journey back to Europe.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Not sure if this has already posted, but don't expect life to change too much too soon in Victoria.

I can’t see wat I should be seeing Horry? Wats the gist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back