Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd pretty sure Sebastian Giompaolo would not be a fan of that video interview, it's pretty telling and pretty raw, I am sure Dean also regrets the amount of credit he took for the game (that's for him to say, but I think he got a bit excited).

To be fair, who wouldn't dine out on it lol.

I can't really level any criticism at the game, I don't own it yet and considering my current backlog I probably won't until the eventual PC port which will hopefully support ultra wide at launch (thanks for finally adding that to AO2 btw). I just thought I'd chime in when reading other's experiences where it doesn't sound like there was a complete understanding of the product, and instead of going to a professional source they went to a streamer.

To be fair, who wouldn't dine out on it lol.

I can't really level any criticism at the game, I don't own it yet and considering my current backlog I probably won't until the eventual PC port which will hopefully support ultra wide at launch (thanks for finally adding that to AO2 btw). I just thought I'd chime in when reading other's experiences where it doesn't sound like there was a complete understanding of the product, and instead of going to a professional source they went to a streamer.

I think Dean is the last person to be blamed for any of the game's faults. They didn't need to go to a professional source to learn the difference between "out of bounds on the full" and "deliberate". Five minutes at the pub after any game would have told them that.

I think Dean is the last person to be blamed for any of the game's faults. They didn't need to go to a professional source to learn the difference between "out of bounds on the full" and "deliberate". Five minutes at the pub after any game would have told them that.

Clear lack of understanding of the product then if that's the case. I agree though, that's on them. Is Dean the streamer? I don't know anything about him, I'm sure he's a good guy. Just sounds like an odd place to get input.

Clear lack of understanding of the product then if that's the case. I agree though, that's on them. Is Dean the streamer? I don't know anything about him, I'm sure he's a good guy. Just sounds like an odd place to get input.

Yep. This video has the longest discussion about it with someone from WW:

This is the video I am referring to.

Out of bounds on the full is given as out on the full, I think it only calls it deliberate if the player who receives the free kick then kicks it out (Which is still wrong but this seems like just a quirk of the game rather than the devs not knowing the rules)

I'd pretty sure Sebastian Giompaolo would not be a fan of that video interview, it's pretty telling and pretty raw, I am sure Dean also regrets the amount of credit he took for the game (that's for him to say, but I think he got a bit excited).
I’ve always thought the same in regards to Dean talking about the game pre release, I like the guy but he did make it sound like he had a much bigger involvement than it seems he actually did

Not sure it was the butler, but someone did it - the version on my PS4 is V1.01, it's been patched :)

Everyone at Big Ant has been working from home for weeks now, I believe the same is true for WW.
As long as the butler serves my beer before being taken away I'm not fussed.

Working from home... bet theyr'e on their games consoles playing Cricket 19?

Question, and don't shoot me down... With the amazing customisation options of cricket 19, why don't you create AFL live for the current market but add in the customisation so you can avoid the licences? Leaving all the kits for the community to create? It works for the Cricket very well.

Kinda got thinking after reading berisha 's article ...

I went and did some casual light reading of the AFLPA 2017-2022 CBA here. You know.. as one does. Mostly out of observing all the frustration with the current predicament in AFL games, but also just out of curiosity.

Of particular interest was Section 26.3 and Schedule D: Section 4 that pertain to marketing and licensing. To my novice legal/licensing-speak eyes, it looks like the AFL has AFLPA over a barrel when it comes to 'Automatic' approval of use of player images in 'team based computer games'. Why not (the people) try and lobby AFLPA to try get their next CBA amended so the AFL players as a collective have a larger voice in who publishes/develops AFL games featuring their image in the future?

Before anyone jumps to any conclusions, a brief disclaimer. I don't have any skin in the video game industry in Australia, like everyone here I just want to see - and be compelled to buy and play - the best AFL game we can possibly get, from the sports game developer in Australia with the most upside.

Perhaps the CBA is another avenue that can increase the chances of this occurring in the long term, if the AFL and their Consumer Products Department don't listen to the lament of AFL gamers. Maybe in 2023?

Out of bounds on the full is given as out on the full, I think it only calls it deliberate if the player who receives the free kick then kicks it out (Which is still wrong but this seems like just a quirk of the game rather than the devs not knowing the rules)
Or if it is delaying the game on purpose... I'm not sure if the game can differ between the two.

Sorry but...

Who is Sebastian Giompaolo (or who are you?).

Some celebrity round here.

Sebastian Giompaolo is the owner of Tru Blu, he's the one that will direct the patches, what is in them, how many there are, and when they will be released, as he has done for all prior AFL games from to AFL Live onwards. Got bugs or ideas, get them to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also in one of the gameplay demo videos with Dean and the lead game designer, the latter referred to "free kicks" as "penalties"...

I heard that and I was like

200w.gif

It's like, how much of the development team has NFI about the game of AFL?

I've definitely seen a standard OOBOTF given as "deliberate" but it's possible it was more of a bug. They are so common it's hard to remember every time it happens.

Small bug noticed yesterday in coach career mode.
In my office inbox after a game it showed one player injured and going to be out for some weeks. In the very same week it has email from same player to coach looking for opportunity as if he been playing in reserves team all this time...lol

Happened about two rounds in a row,

I heard that and I was like

200w.gif

It's like, how much of the development team has NFI about the game of AFL?
As I have stated before sometimes you need to appeal to a wider market and change the way things sound... This game isn't about all about Australia the appeal of AFL is big in the UK too. U feel they want to get into the American market.

But it is only my opinion.

I've been curious, what's your favourite AFL game besides Big Ant's? Is it the NES classic? :cool:

General question, does the AI goal kicking improve when you update the player list through the gameday update? I started a coach career before downloading and are thinking of starting again.

Review codes won't tell you of a patch, it's always the latest version on PSN/XBLA. To know if there's a patch, look to the version number.

The PS4 was patched as soon as I put the disk in, to version 1.01. I gave that disk away to someone else at BA and subsequently purchased from the PS4 Store which downloaded V1.01 without the need to separately patch.
Whenever I've received review codes and there's a patch available I've pretty much always been told.

Interesting career mode glitch:

2 games into my second season. Signed Nic Nat as a free agent in the off season. Checked the season stats, he’s listed as having played 4 games after round 2. Rolled over to the West Coast stats page and he’s listed there still as well, but with identical seasons stats eg kicks, marks etc as he has with Richmond.

Wonder what happens when I play against the Eagles 🦅

Had my first chance to get stuck into the game yesterday.

My initial thoughts are pretty positive. It’s a little more free flowing than other AFL games I’ve played, you can get more scores going and end-to-end footy.

Just struggling with marking and finding the best camera at the moment. Any tips on this would be most appreciated!

Interesting career mode glitch:

2 games into my second season. Signed Nic Nat as a free agent in the off season. Checked the season stats, he’s listed as having played 4 games after round 2. Rolled over to the West Coast stats page and he’s listed there still as well, but with identical seasons stats eg kicks, marks etc as he has with Richmond.

Wonder what happens when I play against the Eagles 🦅

Well, Nic Nat does have a twin brother IRL so...

The calling of the term 'penalties' maybe an attempt to break into the American market... Free in the states means something different.
They'd want to worry about satisfying the Australian market before worrying about America. If that was the case they're even more deluded than we thought. But in their defence, I highly doubt it. The closest Americans have to AFL is Fifa, which also has free kicks.

It's an oversight by a team that are more familiar with a sport that has penalties in its lingo. Plain and simple.

If you hear hoof beats, think horses, not zebras.

One of my bugbears too. I would have a lot less players in the 90's and 80's, a lot more in the 70's and low 80's and drop all the players below this a fair few points. Even the players I have seen in the player ratings thread look too high to me. There just isn't enough disparity between a good player and a VFL player who won't get an AFL game this year.
Exactly what I'm in the process of doing. There needs to be a larger spread in ratings to really make it feel like there's a difference between the elite players and a fringe player.
20200421_071240.jpg
This is a graph of where my ratings are going to be compared to what is currently in the game. Hopefully it also adds a degree of difficulty as now entire teams aren't going to be full of players rated 80+. I can tell people are going to get salty about their boy now being rated 71ovr instead of 85ovr though!
This is also going to improve the career mode difficulty as elite players are harder to come by.
Hopefully be finished up in a week or 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back