Portfolio UNIFOOTY: A new era of talent development

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a very good thread as I been talking about ‘what if the AFL or even the Australian Sports Commission decided to make an NCAA sort of league with Athletics, Basketball, Rugby and those other sports, if the league was made I would go for either Adelaide University or Flinders University if you do make Flinders University some kits. But any ways if the league became very popular in 10 years they could make them there own grounds without playing at State League venues or AFL venues (Maybe for Finals) And would love them to broadcast matches on 7 mate. I would go to some matches And reckon it may get a big atmosphere if the league is well supported and made correctly, if the Tournament was turned into a whole big Athletics league with those sports, at the end of the Sport season there will be an awards night to shoutout the champions of each events and at the end all of the points from each uni will be added up and whoever has the most points wins the University Cup and will start off with 100 points at the start of the Sport season. Next Uni u need to do is Flinders and give them a navy blue colour with some sky blue with Yellow or just copy off of the University crest.

Will all theses teams have an affiliation or a club partner like Adelaide Uni or Uni SA with the Crows and Flinders or Torrens Uni with Port?

Will all theses teams have an affiliation or a club partner like Adelaide Uni or Uni SA with the Crows and Flinders or Torrens Uni with Port?
Most likely not. I modelled the structure of the competition on the NCAA Basketball where there are no affiliations. And because there are so many more universities than AFL teams it wouldn’t be an even split.

Most likely not. I modelled the structure of the competition on the NCAA Basketball where there are no affiliations. And because there are so many more universities than AFL teams it wouldn’t be an even split.
True

When your finished with all the teams, will there be a Conference system like the NCAA? and how will the Finals work then. Oh and what will the Team nicknames? Like Adelaide Uni Blacks/Magpies like that

Last edited:
When your finished with all the teams, will there be a Conference system like the NCAA? and how will the Finals work then. Oh and what will the Team nicknames? Like Adelaide Uni Blacks/Magpies like that
The way I envisage it is a conference system to determine seeding (will be done geographically) and then once a certain amount of matches are played there will be a tournament like March Madness. When a team is eliminated from the tournament they are eligible to play club football to remain active. For nicknames, if the teams have an ammos club or a sporting team nickname already that nickname will remain. Otherwise, something will be developed over time.

The way I envisage it is a conference system to determine seeding (will be done geographically) and then once a certain amount of matches are played there will be a tournament like March Madness. When a team is eliminated from the tournament they are eligible to play club football to remain active. For nicknames, if the teams have an ammos club or a sporting team nickname already that nickname will remain. Otherwise, something will be developed over time.
So What will the conferences be called and what teams?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back