Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Having a good look over our list and assuming both Impey and Hardwick are both available I believe our side for round 2 could look a lot different in its makeup.

I will have a go and try and provide a side that has a good mix of grunt and run and can play multiple positions if needed.

Hardwick Frawley Stratton
Sicily Hartley Frost
Scully Omeara Smith
Wingard Obrien Burgoyne
Breust Patton Gunston

Mcevoy Worpel Mitchell

Shiels Henderson Impey Ceglar

Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Selection is a massive headache. I don’t see how we keep using McEvoy as a defender if everyone is available but I have a gut feeling Clarko really wants to persist with this move. I also really want to select a fit Scrimshaw but really struggle to find a place given our guaranteed selections.

My personal Round 2 team:

B: Stratton Frawley Scrimshaw
HB: Hardwick Frost Sicily
C: Smith Worpel Scully
HF: Impey Lewis Wingard
F: Bruest Patton Burgoyne
Fol: McEvoy Mitchell O’Meara
Int: Sheils Henderson Gunston O’Brien

What I think we’ll see:

B: Sicily Frawley Stratton
HB: Frost McEvoy Hardwick
C: Smith Worpel Scully
HF: Impey Lewis Wingard
F: Burgoyne Patton Bruest
Fol: Ceglar Mitchell O’Meara
Int: Sheils Henderson Puopolo Gunston

Dec 22, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Is this the official round 2 pre-game thread?

085f9b49ad1f6cf918857abd02ddd132.gif

IN: Lewis, Hardwick, Impey, Scrimshaw

OUT: Ceglar, O’Brien, Morrison, Hanrahan

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Scrimshaw, Frost, Sicily

C: Henderson, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Burgoyne, Lewis, Gunston

F: Breust, Patton, Wingard

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Shiels

INT: Scully, Impey, Worpel, Puopolo

I don't understand what this Hubs talk is all about. Seen it mentioned around, but haven't really read up on it. Can someone give a summary?

In a nutshell:

Basically there’ll be three groups of 6 teams based in 3 locations around Australia. Those 6 teams will each play each other once (30 games), then shuffle around again.

Minimises travel for each group of teams for a period of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Re games moving forward.

the AFL want teams playing at the G and Marvel and will house everyone in hotels near the ground in a lockdown style arrangement.

Also old mate Dan has said he wouldn’t be expecting to see any supporters at games until 2021.

let’s just all hope like crazy we can have our own Hawthorn style hub parties with family and friends at home soon so we can get some enjoyment from these games.

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lewis and Scrim will play too.

What I was meaning, with shorter qtrs and faster games I don’t believe we can carry Lewis, McEvoy and Ceglar.

I think our planning and preps will be a lot different come round 2 to what our round 1 planning looked like.

With a full team to choose from, surely Impey isn't a walk up starter after a reco. Games will be fast and furious with short quarters and the need to back up off less time between games.
Give him a full 12 months, even more if we can if the season pans out being further delayed.
Agreed, I wouldn't be rushing Impey back this year.

Mar 24, 2017
Blackburn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Re games moving forward.

the AFL want teams playing at the G and Marvel and will house everyone in hotels near the ground in a lockdown style arrangement.

Also old mate Dan has said he wouldn’t be expecting to see any supporters at games until 2021.

let’s just all hope like crazy we can have our own Hawthorn style hub parties with family and friends at home soon so we can get some enjoyment from these games.
MCG doing some modelling to see if they can get 20k - 25k in whilst still following the 1.5m rule. Some supported at a December GF is still a maybe for mine.

MasterSamurai

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
BayernMunchen
Not sure why people are worried about a tall set up! Our 2015 team had , Hale, Roughead, schoenmakers and Gunston rolling through fwd50 at any given time. Lake , Frawley and Gibbo down back! Clarko is just trying The tried and true formula with this current group. It all comes down to how the mids get organised .

Toasted

All Australian
Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
IN: Lewis, Hardwick, Impey, Scrimshaw

OUT: Ceglar, O’Brien, Morrison, Hanrahan

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Scrimshaw, Frost, Sicily

C: Henderson, Mitchell, Smith

HF: Burgoyne, Lewis, Gunston

F: Breust, Patton, Wingard

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Shiels

INT: Scully, Impey, Worpel, Puopolo

I’m positive that Ceglar will play, and confident that TOB will be there too, but I’m stuffed if I can work out who gets dropped.

Looks like the boys are getting back together in anticipation of Monday’s announcements - Keegan Brooksby said on Insta he’s catching a plane back from Darwin today so you’d think other interstate guys like Morris and Day will be back to Melbourne this weekend

Looks like the boys are getting back together in anticipation of Monday’s announcements - Keegan Brooksby said on Insta he’s catching a plane back from Darwin today so you’d think other interstate guys like Morris and Day will be back to Melbourne this weekend
Yeah AFL put the call out to get back to your club, heard on the radio the other day.

Haven't checked to see if Jaeger's returned from WA yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back