Opinion 2020 US Presidential Nominations and Election

Remove this Banner Ad

Trumps base has basically remained the same for the whole of his term, it has gone slightly up but not significantly. Its up to the dems to get people to vote for them and i doubt they have the right candidate if its Biden. The moron minority will probably win again

... Now it will get pretty nasty I think
Surprisingly, it still hasn't got nasty between the two contenders (I really thought Sanders needed to get nasty about Biden) and the 'Lesser Super Tuesday', which was meant to favour Sanders, given he easily won 4 of the 6 states against Hillary last time (and only just lost Missouri by a smidgen) delivered what seems certain to be a knock-out blow to his chances. losing Michigan is a huge blow and even Washington, which he won in an avalanche last time is way too close to call ATM. Even if he does scrape through Washington, his campaign is now looking near terminal, with big states such as Florida and Georgia to come which, like all the South, will overwhelmingly go to Biden.

Sanders seems to have almost self-sabotaged his own campaign over the past week, given his puzzling praise of Fidel Castro not once but 3 times through the week (reminding too many that he was Americas most high profile Trotskyist until aged almost 50 and surely costing him hundreds of thousands of votes) and really whimping out in the end when given opportunities to attack Biden. It's been a bad week for him.

I was looking forward to close contest but only a major disaster can now stop a big Biden victory - which looked most unlikely until only 2 weeks ago. Meanwhile Trump will undoubtedly make much of the Democratic Party establisment and it's mainstream media allies turning on Sanders, with the aim of giving them a sense of injustice so they won't turn out and vote for Biden in November.

I'm 3 days late and basically just posting here under some weird sense of self obligation, knowing that few would now care, even in the U.S. - and I've got a bit of spare time now as I'm in self-isolation awaiting a coronavirus test result done at my doctors insistence a week after last returning from overseas (I'm now sure it's just the common cold but expect an official result tomorrow).

Anyway, as you all know, Biden trounced Sanders in the last eat round, with an overwhelming victory in Florida (which includes millions of Cuban refugees and descendants who didn't appreciate Sanders praise of Fidel Castro) and also Illinois. The black vote was all with Biden. It's pretty much all over now, and in any case, the excitement has been totally sucked out of the contest by ....you know.

Biden will be Trump's challenger, basically because he was the only candidate given any sort of realistic chance of beating him. There are whispers about his campaign performance and competency due to his age and some other factors, which are now even starting to make it into the mainstream media -

I'm 3 days late and basically just posting here under some weird sense of self obligation, knowing that few would now care, even in the U.S. - and I've got a bit of spare time now as I'm in self-isolation awaiting a coronavirus test result done at my doctors insistence a week after last returning from overseas (I'm now sure it's just the common cold but expect an official result tomorrow).

Anyway, as you all know, Biden trounced Sanders in the last eat round, with an overwhelming victory in Florida (which includes millions of Cuban refugees and descendants who didn't appreciate Sanders praise of Fidel Castro) and also Illinois. The black vote was all with Biden. It's pretty much all over now, and in any case, the excitement has been totally sucked out of the contest by ....you know.

Biden will be Trump's challenger, basically because he was the only candidate given any sort of realistic chance of beating him. There are whispers about his campaign performance and competency due to his age and some other factors, which are now even starting to make it into the mainstream media -
I think we all understand that the Democrats are still in turmoil after losing to Trump. So I doubt they will put up anyone who actually has a shot at winning.
I am comforted by the fact that the USofA has a two term limit.
Another 4 1/2 years and normal, reliable, transmission will be resumed.

Gee just watched a report on CNN about the Tara Reade allegations against Biden and apparently a call to the Larry King show by her mother.

Assuming the allegations are true, what is it with these men in power that they think they can do what they want?

What poor choices Americans have if they bother to turn up to vote.

Gee just watched a report on CNN about the Tara Reade allegations against Biden and apparently a call to the Larry King show by her mother.

Assuming the allegations are true, what is it with these men in power that they think they can do what they want?

What poor choices Americans have if they bother to turn up to vote.
Your last line sums it up.
While they don’t have to vote they will continue to get flawed characters who only have to convince a small minority of the population that they are leadership material.
I used to think we had a flawed electoral system, but over the years looking at the dysfunction of other democracies, I think we have it pretty well right.
Would still prefer to elect our head of state though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back