Fantasy 2020 Jailhouse Dynasty League Discussion

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Alright jailbirds here we go for the 3rd season of the Jailhouse Football League! A big congratulations to...*checks notes*...myself, for winning the 2019 Championship! It was another competitive season though and I look forward to the challenge of going around again. It's still a while before the new season kicks off but seeing as there isn't a whole lot going on right now I thought it would be a good time to get the ball rolling.
I was hoping to start the rookie draft next weekend. This will follow the previous years format and be a slow paced offline draft on a separate thread I will start up. Obviously with time on our side no time limits will be placed so don't feel pressured. I have real faith we can get through 6 rounds within 5 months.
That being said before we start the draft each team will need to cull their rosters in preparation for the upcoming draft. We rolled with an expanded 30 man roster last season, up from 24 the season before. There will be no increases in roster size for this season but as always it's something we can look at for forthcoming years. As most teams had several players on IR by the end of the regular season a lot of you will have well over 30 players in your franchise right now. So there will be some difficult choices to make.
I am now going to go through each team and tag the owner of how many cuts they must make and the draft picks they currently own. I'll just tag 4 teams per post as I know there is a limit on how many and I don't want anyone not receiving a notification.
FYI each team must be at 24 rostered players prior to the draft regardless of whether you have 10 draft picks or 3. Any teams then over the limit must make additional cuts to their roster prior to Week 1. Any teams under the 30 man limit will then be required to add players off waivers as per usual season rules.
I noticed a few of you have set keepers already. If you could also cut the players that you aren't keeping that would make my job easier but I am happy to just cut the players who you haven't designated before the draft.

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Tallahassee Trashpandas Helfarch
32 players = 8 cuts
Draft Picks = 9, 10 ,11, 13, 25, 37, 49, 61

Olma FC Orasia Fantazio
24 players = no cuts
Draft Picks = 31, 45, 69

Vegas Injury Cursed manureid
33 players = 9 cuts
Draft Picks = 7, 18, 19, 55, 57, 67

Greenville Gorilla Bears LennyHayes77
28 players = 4 cuts
Draft Picks = 12, 24, 36, 60, 72

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Power House A11dAtP0w3R
32 players on roster = 8 cuts
Draft Picks = 23, 33, 39, 47, 71

Ha Ha fuey
33 players = 9 cuts
Draft Picks = 2, 14, 20, 26, 32, 50, 62

Scranton Stranglers Mr_Nyah
32 players = 8 cuts
Draft Picks = 4, 16, 21, 28, 40, 52, 64

HappyScrappy HeroPups Broken
32 players = 8 cuts
Draft Picks = 6, 30, 42, 43, 54, 66

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Kamara Train drd23
27 players = 3 cuts
Draft Picks = 22, 34, 35, 46, 58, 70

Belichick Yo Self Dannyreed
34 players = 10 cuts
Draft Picks = 8, 38, 44, 56, 68

Wizards Warriors Wizard
32 players = 8 cuts
Draft Picks = 5, 17, 29, 41, 53, 65

Wet Slopes iluvparis
34 players = 10 cuts
Draft Picks = 1, 3, 15, 27, 48, 51, 59, 63

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
As always here's the spreadsheet for draft picks, futures etc. Team lists are not up to date. I have updated the team/league records though so check it out.

Can I cut one player instead and pass on every draft pick after my first instead please :(....I'll only get worse drafting this late.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Can I cut one player instead and pass on every draft pick after my first instead please :(....I'll only get worse drafting this late.
The rule is 24 players on the roster. Most teams won't get immediately better by adding whoever their 5th or 6th round rookie pick is.

If you were allowed to just not cut people because your draft picks won't improve your team, why should anyone else?

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well originally I was going to make the draft only rookies but I guess we could open it up to all the free agents as well. That way you can try and redraft any players you cut.
I've set my 24 keepers so the 3 non-keepers should automatically be cut when you "start the the draft", but if you want me to just cut them now I can
If you can mate that would be handy :)

Now I think about it tho,it really is pointless trading future picks for players coz it actually makes you much worse given you must get your roster down to 24 a year and you don't pick til say the third or fourth round.

You're trading future assets for players, some of which you'll have to cut.

From a strategy pov, you're completely shafting yourself by doing so.

If the rosters were deeper it hurt far less but needing to cut 1/4 of your roster each off season really does make trading future picks a pointless exercise.

Anyway, I'll go along with whatever, it's fine. Rant over.

Now I think about it tho,it really is pointless trading future picks for players coz it actually makes you much worse given you must get your roster down to 24 a year and you don't pick til say the third or fourth round.

You're trading future assets for players, some of which you'll have to cut.

From a strategy pov, you're completely shafting yourself by doing so.
Good tactical analysis. Thanks for sharing. ;)

Shame I didn't figure this out sooner for myself. xD
You are right, it could become hard to drop players in exchange for 5th and 6th round rookie punts. Maybe that is part of the point of difference of this league I guess.

You are right, it could become hard to drop players in exchange for 5th and 6th round rookie punts. Maybe that is part of the point of difference of this league I guess.

Plus all you're doing is making others stronger who kept or inherited draft picks. Giving some people their choice of rookies and FAs (some of which you didn't even want to cut) before you even have chance to select anyone.

You're getting much weaker and they are getting much stronger given FA pool is much better in this league most other leagues.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Pretty keen on getting back into this draft. Sure I can’t get any bites on Jimmy or Stafford?

Also have too many decent LBs that were too good to cut. Anyone want 1 of Martinez, Schobert, Deion Jones or Devin White??

Pretty keen on getting back into this draft. Sure I can’t get any bites on Jimmy or Stafford?

Also have too many decent LBs that were too good to cut. Anyone want 1 of Martinez, Schobert, Deion Jones or Devin White??
What you looking at for a LB?

Back