The Law Police

Jun 5, 2008
In amongst it all
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Queensland State of Origin
Wife driving along freeway in the left hand lane.

Car from side road, smashes into passenger side door, shunting Driving Car into the central media strip of Freeway.

Car from side road, with smashed window continues driving down freeway. Car in media strip un-drivable.

She was easily as guilty as that flog in the Porsche everyone is on about right now.

A careless driver causing a collision whilst merging on a freeway causing no injuries is “as guilty” as someone taunting a dying woman.

Imagine your wife dying on a freeway being taunted by a sociopath.

Words not just deeds bring karma in this world. So be careful what you say.

A careless driver causing a collision whilst merging on a freeway causing no injuries is “as guilty” as someone taunting a dying woman.

Imagine your wife dying on a freeway being taunted by a sociopath.

Words not just deeds bring karma in this world. So be careful what you say.

She could have died just as easily as the "truck driver" killed those cops. She was lucky there was no traffic in the other lane as she spun 180 degrees onto the media strip. Her driving could not have been considered merging, didn't make it to the merging lane, she bounced over some curbing and hit square on in the passenger door. Any passenger would probably have been injured.
Essentially it would be good if cars and trucks were staying on the road, and it seems obvious that people who can't keep them on the road shouldn't be driving. The car that hit her, did what the truck that hit the cops did. One will probably go to prison, the other was let off without a fine.
Taunting is the act of an arsehole , but he didn't cause the death.
Would it be a good system if we were allowed to fire off bullets , but only got charged if one only happened to hit someone?

All your perhaps'es are bullshit ( it was the middle of the road INBOUND AND OUTBOUND tow truck lights flashing, us watching the road for cops. )

They lied. In court. I don't know why, i was pretty stunned.
They said they attended the scene and there was no vehicle there . Total fabrication, they would have needed to drive past , do a U turn and drive back. Did not happen. I don't know whether they were lazy and covered it up or something else happened. Dandenong cops were surprised that she caused the accident , left the scene and that they closed it all off without even fining her. ( s**t people get fined for spinning their wheels a bit ). Maybe she was a friend or relative, don't know. How the hell would i know their motivation, maybe she gave a good blowjob.

The cops had been summoned by witnesses who were helping my wife. They were informed of the location. They told us to wait. They did not come to that location, they went to a servo up the road, only questioning the other driver, not attending.

Packenham cops told dandenong cops they were not charging her. Dandenong cops seemed surprised , thought it was wrong, and proceeded based on our statement.
I'm happy if i offended you with may analogy of the Porsche driver. :p He didn't kill anyone. Truck driver did. Deal with it, being an arsehole isn't a serious crime, ( then again, corrupt cops could go after him if that's what you call Karma ).

If you think its ok to ram cars travelling 100km/h off freeways and drive off, i think you are stupid and condescending.
I see two violatons there. Excusing people from leaving the scene of an accident they cause only encourages hit/runs.

Karma LOL. Plenty of total assholes live long and happy lives.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
So in your opinion, if you’re vehicle gets hit by an out of control car, you are not obligated under section 61 to render assistance or exchange details because you didn’t cause the accident?

Anyway of course the public are upset when an emergency service worker is killed in the line of duty, same as when firefighters were killed during the summer. I suppose you felt the same way then? Oh well they knew the risks!

It’s interesting timing as only last week you had Bigfooty posters talking of how no one respects VicPol anymore...

It's unrealistic to legally demand someone who was basically an innocent bystander in the accident to render assistance. Pusey hadn't been driving the car for an hour according to reports, he was detained by police waiting by the freeway. I don't know how far away from the crash (10m? 100m?) this Pusey guy was or whether legislation has any specifics about distance but what about a commuter who's parked their car at the train station and is 20 km away at work?

Are they also suppose to render assistance because some bloke smashed their car and killed a couple of people in the process? It's inane to expect someone who had zero involvement in what caused the accident to be held partly responsible for it. He 'was' the driver (emphasis on WAS) but the subsequent incident had nothing to do with him and could've easily being a victim as well.

Like I said the anger directed at this unsavoury guy is misplaced and just reeks of the police wanting everyone who played a minor role in it punished just cos coppers died. Had they been civilians I doubt very much they would putting this much energy and effort to nail Pusey and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth despite his low character.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
It's unrealistic to legally demand someone who was basically an innocent bystander in the accident to render assistance. Pusey hadn't been driving the car for an hour according to reports, he was detained by police waiting in the freeway. I don't know how far away from the crash (10m? 100m?) this Pusey guy was or whether legislation has any specifics about distance but what about a commuter who's parked their car at the train station and is 20 km away at work? Are they also suppose to render assistance because some bloke smashed their car and killed a couple of people in the process? It's inane to expect someone who had zero involvement in what caused the accident to be held partly responsible for it. He 'was' the driver (emphasis on WAS) but the subsequent incident had nothing to do with him and could've easily being a victim as well. Like I said the anger directed at this unsavoury guy is misplaced and just reeks of the police wanting everyone who played a minor role in it punished just cos coppers died. Had they been civilians I doubt very much they would putting this much energy and effort to nail Pusey and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth despite his low character.

The ability to "render assistance" comes down to capability, state of mind and location to the incident.

I very much doubt this charge will hold.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
It's unrealistic to legally demand someone who was basically an innocent bystander in the accident to render assistance. Pusey hadn't been driving the car for an hour according to reports, he was detained by police waiting by the freeway. I don't know how far away from the crash (10m? 100m?) this Pusey guy was or whether legislation has any specifics about distance but what about a commuter who's parked their car at the train station and is 20 km away at work?

Are they also suppose to render assistance because some bloke smashed their car and killed a couple of people in the process? It's inane to expect someone who had zero involvement in what caused the accident to be held partly responsible for it. He 'was' the driver (emphasis on WAS) but the subsequent incident had nothing to do with him and could've easily being a victim as well.

Like I said the anger directed at this unsavoury guy is misplaced and just reeks of the police wanting everyone who played a minor role in it punished just cos coppers died. Had they been civilians I doubt very much they would putting this much energy and effort to nail Pusey and that leaves a bad taste in my mouth despite his low character.

There's a massive difference between not rendering assistance, and filming/taunting a dying police officer. Anger towards him for that is reasonable.

I don't really care that he was speeding, ran away etc.

There's a massive difference between not rendering assistance, and filming/taunting a dying police officer. Anger towards him for that is reasonable.

Yeah lowlife no-one likes him. People are angry at him.

Martin Luther King was shot.
Idi Amin died peacefully of old age , while living in a palace.

That's life , get over it.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

He wasn't the driver that caused the accident so he wasn't required to render assistance.

His filming/taunting has been thrown to the media but there's not a charge on that basis.

Totally agree that anger towards him is reasonable.

Navyblues09

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2009
Templestowe
AFL Club
Carlton

But he was there, he witnessed the accident and his vehicle was involved so yes, he is liable under section 61. The legislation does actually also cover if you leave your vehicle and it causes an accident you must report as soon as you become aware of it.

Also its a bit of a stretch to say he had zero involvement, if he wasn't being such a dickhead then no one would have been standing on the side of the road at the time and no one would be dead.

Its fair to say this Pusey guy has it coming and is probably long overdue they have something they can lock him up for a long time.

But he was there, he witnessed the accident and his vehicle was involved so yes, he is liable under section 61. The legislation does actually also cover if you leave your vehicle and it causes an accident you must report as soon as you become aware of it.

Also its a bit of a stretch to say he had zero involvement, if he wasn't being such a dickhead then no one would have been standing on the side of the road at the time and no one would be dead.

Its fair to say this Pusey guy has it coming and is probably long overdue they have something they can lock him up for a long time.

So in your world, if i get pulled over by the cops for failing to indicate and pull over into the emergency lane....
and a truck ploughs into it......

I have caused an accident by leaving my car there?

WOW if i had a party in my backyard , and a plane crashed into it, its my fault ,because if i hadn't held a party no-one would have been in the back yard.
Logic.

Navyblues09

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2009
Templestowe
AFL Club
Carlton
So in your world, if i get pulled over by the cops for failing to indicate and pull over into the emergency lane....
and a truck ploughs into it......

I have caused an accident by leaving my car there?

WOW if i had a party in my backyard , and a plane crashed into it, its my fault ,because if i hadn't held a party no-one would have been in the back yard.
Logic.

You have contributed to the accident by breaking the law in the first place.

Would you then abuse the injured person, complain about them keeping you from your dinner then leave the scene? Or are you a human being, unlike that scum Pusey?

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
You have contributed to the accident by breaking the law in the first place.

Would you then abuse the injured person, complain about them keeping you from your dinner then leave the scene? Or are you a human being, unlike that scum Pusey?
There's no causal link between the incidents. Therefore no responsibility. It's illogical to suggest otherwise.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
And now emails between the 'millionaire mortgage broker' Porsche driver and his local council have been released. Following the release of his address his apartment has also been vandalised. Alleged comments by him to prison guards have been leaked. The police and media are going all out to crucify this guy.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
my work is that those of us who have suffered mental illness are not to be shot into the land of no return.. the method of keeping this guy
out of society is to be heightened...

You might say that I am espousing the views of a drop kick who wanders into society's view but it is the contrary..

it is the exact thing where everyone should look at all kinds of situations and doesn't just randomly become a 'heavy'...

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
And now emails between the 'millionaire mortgage broker' Porsche driver and his local council have been released. Following the release of his address his apartment has also been vandalised. Alleged comments by him to prison guards have been leaked. The police and media are going all out to crucify this guy.

Honestly it sounds like a few SRP BF members.

Ranting strangely, telling people to kill themselves, claiming hardship while driving a Porsche, and claiming there's some conspiracy against them from those in charge.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Honestly it sounds like a few SRP BF members.

Ranting strangely, telling people to kill themselves, claiming hardship while driving a Porsche, and claiming there's some conspiracy against them from those in charge.

He sounds like a loon, and an obnoxious one at that. But then again we only have one side of the story.

I'm more questioning the actions of the police in this case. I'm guessing they have his computer and are leaking his emails.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Police officers are among six people alleged to have received and shared a photograph showing former North Melbourne coach Dean Laidley being interviewed by police.

The Age can reveal that Shane Reid, a senior constable of about five years experience based in South Melbourne, has been stood down and is expected to be charged on summons over the dissemination of the photographs, which showed Mr Laidley wearing a wig and make-up.

Senior Constable Reid is facing charges of unauthorised disclosure of information, an offence that carries a maximum of two years imprisonment.

Deputy Commissioner Shane Patton said the senior constable shared the photos with six other people, including civilians, via the messaging platform WhatsApp.

Other officers are among those six people, The Age can confirm.Any police personnel found to have shared the photos also could face misconduct charges.

Police officers are among six people alleged to have received and shared a photograph showing former North Melbourne coach Dean Laidley being interviewed by police.

The Age can reveal that Shane Reid, a senior constable of about five years experience based in South Melbourne, has been stood down and is expected to be charged on summons over the dissemination of the photographs, which showed Mr Laidley wearing a wig and make-up.

Senior Constable Reid is facing charges of unauthorised disclosure of information, an offence that carries a maximum of two years imprisonment.

Deputy Commissioner Shane Patton said the senior constable shared the photos with six other people, including civilians, via the messaging platform WhatsApp.

Other officers are among those six people, The Age can confirm.Any police personnel found to have shared the photos also could face misconduct charges.

Have to love the media.
They report that the cops have committed a crime by leaking the photographs, all the while displaying said photographs.
Big question is...did the media pay for the pics, and how much of a crime is that?

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm a bit confused by this whole situation - why was dean laidley dressed as a woman? Is he a closet cross dresser or something and didn't want the public to know about it?

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
I'm a bit confused by this whole situation - why was dean laidley dressed as a woman?
Because he wanted to be.

Is he a closet cross dresser or something and didn't want the public to know about it?
"Closet" or not, it's obviously something he doesn't want plastered all over the news since it's, you know, his private life.

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Because he wanted to be.

"Closet" or not, it's obviously something he doesn't want plastered all over the news since it's, you know, his private life.

Well that's why I'm asking the question, to figure out if he had dressed up as a woman for a stupid joke or something and it was out in the open (like garry lyon and co. used to dress in drag for that spoof segment on The Footy Show) or whether cross dressing is part of his private life and he's embarassed about it being exposed to the broader public.

Sainteric

Cancelled
Aug 5, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
The ability to "render assistance" comes down to capability, state of mind and location to the incident.

I very much doubt this charge will hold.
Or failing to give details, but also he was not driving the truck.

It seemed the police charged him with everything, I doubt all the charges will reach the court

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah lowlife no-one likes him. People are angry at him.

Martin Luther King was shot.
Idi Amin died peacefully of old age , while living in a palace.

That's life , get over it.
there are a number of anomalies... people who have dubious systems of life are always going to find a way out...
plenty of nice people will get 'smashed' for dubious systems of 'crushing the system...
it is not about anyone but that we bring people to justice where we can... we don't always achieve this..

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Well that's why I'm asking the question, to figure out if he had dressed up as a woman for a stupid joke or something and it was out in the open (like garry lyon and co. used to dress in drag for that spoof segment on The Footy Show) or whether cross dressing is part of his private life and he's embarassed about it being exposed to the broader public.
The reasons don't really matter.

Back