Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without him there's a good chance our girls would've run out in a tripe and white clash.

We can probably also at least partially attribute the club rebrand to his efforts. The club says it was prompted by the move to Optus but I don't doubt the #returnthewings movement would've been a huge factor in bringing the life and soul back to our football club.
His Impact with the movement is understated by the media/greater footy community i feel.

His Impact with the movement is understated by the media/greater footy community i feel.
I doubt many outside this forum know how this all started, but I feel like that’s how he would’ve wanted it. Similar to yourself I was following this thread long before I even had an account on here.

Heartbreaking that he didn’t get to see us lift the cup in the jumper that he fought so hard for.

I doubt many outside this forum know how this all started, but I feel like that’s how he would’ve wanted it. Similar to yourself I was following this thread long before I even had an account on here.

Heartbreaking that he didn’t get to see us lift the cup in the jumper that he fought so hard for.
I like to think that he had a little something to do with Sheed’s ball sailing through

fc8c7eb68f3ff9fd4929f534ac3eef25.jpg

Not really wings related but the Chargers just announced a terrific redesign with a similar palette.

How good is a uniform set, as opposed to four completely unrelated designs?

The new club song is so putrid. I can't believe someone OK'd this.
especially without even doing a simple poll for our members who basically fund this club. Its disgusting that some "brand consultant" can just come in and change decades of history and "earn" a salary doing it.

especially without even doing a simple poll for our members who basically fund this club. Its disgusting that some "brand consultant" can just come in and change decades of history and "earn" a salary doing it.
Like if they want that song, have it. But let us have a footy song. It's the only thing we don't have. It's not like songs can't change anyhow. If a new song has gusto when song post game, the fans will warm to it and will forget the other one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair NFL teams require a white jersey, and white has always been their predominant helmet colour. Bur how glorious are blue and gold?

This ..... the clash between the Chargers and Rams is to close so white is a must.

That said both the LA teams have “tarted up” their uniforms to capture the blue and yellow LA colours.
Two new teams relocated in LA in the last few years .... same colours..... hard to see a future for both teams in the same market.
Both have been massive underachievers the last few seasons.

Rams played in a Super Bowl two years ago and lost as red hot favourites ..... Chargers should have made a Super Bowl with their roster at least once the last six years but have always come up short in the playoffs.

You would expect that the first of these two teams to have genuine sustained success will capture the LA market.

Chargers were relocated from San Diego and the Rams return to LA after a 25 year hiatus in St Louis.

Seeing the struggle Port Adelaide are having over their bars makes me very thankful for the changes the club made (terrible song notwithstanding.)

I will be voicing my support for Port Adelaide if the bring back the bars campaign gains traction.

Seeing the struggle Port Adelaide are having over their bars makes me very thankful for the changes the club made (terrible song notwithstanding.)

I will be voicing my support for Port Adelaide if the bring back the bars campaign gains traction.
Sadly as long as Eddie is involved in footy I don’t see it ever happening. When was the last time the AFL sided against a Vic club, especially Collingwood, over a controversial issue?

Is Vardy in sneakers?
They look like Asics footy boots, Asics boots are much closer to a sneaker than your typical Nike/Adidas/Puma boots, which are all designed for soccer. Asics and maybe XBlades are probably the only manufacturers who make boots specifically for AFL

Saw the club sent an email with the 2020 Indigenous range - no sign of a guernsey though... that due to the fact it is the same as last year, that they haven't got any in yet or that we are not having one this year??

Anyone know anything?

I had heard rumours that a couple of clubs have said they won't wear one this year... not sure how true that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back