Teams Green Bay Packers - The Frozen Tundra

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest I don't think he'll mind doing that too much. If going run heavy opens up the pass enough times he'll still end up with some really tidy stats. One more WR maybe, I would want something cheap.
At the moment the vet FA list is pretty thread bare. Maybe only Marqise Lee stands out. Had a good 2018, but did an ACL in 2019 and then let go by the Jags. 28 yo.

At the moment the vet FA list is pretty thread bare. Maybe only Marqise Lee stands out. Had a good 2018, but did an ACL in 2019 and then let go by the Jags. 28 yo.

Yeah. There's no FAs out there. That dude one of the only ones. I would like to know what would be required for Christian Kirk from the Cards. Was apparently being offered up before the draft, to Dallas I believe. 2 years, improved this season just gone. Aggie. I like him.

Edelman maybe, his contract is a bit bigger than I'd love to take on. I dunno I doubt they'd do it.

Told you thats what was really going on...

The Athletic's Bob McGinn believes Packers coach Matt LaFleur has "simply had enough of (Aaron) Rodgers’ act and wanted to change the narrative" with the team's selection of Utah State QB Jordan Love.
McGinn, of course, is Mr. Packers, having covered the team for decades. It is important to emphasize this is merely his opinion, but it is notable nonetheless. In his own words, McGinn now believes the Packers have "leverage with their imperial quarterback and his passive-aggressive style." The Packers are not only thinking toward the future, but a more run-heavy one. This could get publicly ugly and bitter in a hurry, though there is still every reason to believe Rodgers will remain in Titletown for 2020.
RELATED:
SOURCE: The Athletic
Apr 28, 2020, 1:38 PM ET

******* click bait bullshit. McGinn has been a s**t reporter for years now with the Packers.
Headline like that im shocked it didnt come from the #1 Packers hater in Mike Florio.

Packers financially cant move on from Rodgers for 2-3 more years.

Just preparing them for the inevitable. The writing is on the wall. But imo theyll fall in love with Love and move ahead in peace and happiness.

You're a gentle soul, helping out Packers fans by preparing them for the inevitable. Bless you, GG. ❤️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fans of the 31 other teams seem to be pushing the narrative of Rodgers days numbered than anyone even close to the franchise.

Everyone knows Rodgers is on decline, but that doesnt mean he should be cut or traded.
If social media was around like today back in 2005 when Rodgers was drafted it would of been just as nuts.

I know its not easy moving on from a beloved player. Even shitty Cam Newton had his minions bemoaning change.

Some people embrace new beginnings. Some prefer the safety and security of the known.

What do you think of the Love pick

I hated it at the time obviously, but I can understand why they did it from a few angles, and none of them have anything to do with Rodgers personality lol.

I think it's just how the draft fell, they saw a guy they really liked for the future and got him. It'll be great to have him behind Rodgers learning and hopefully can keep Rodgers on his toes, might be something he needs.

To be honest it seemed as if all the receivers they really rated went between 10-20 and they find a way to get their pick upgraded to that spot. They probably graded the receivers in the draft differently to the media/fans and went from there. Besides a lot of the receivers the Packers have drafted, even Adams, have taken a while to come on. I couldn't really be bothered having a hit and miss receiver for 3 years before they might come on, we've got enough of them now. It seems they're fairly bullish on St. Brown who was injured last season and Lazard. Hopefully Valdes Scandling improves on his poor season last year.

It'll be fine, two inside linebackers went after the Love pick who may have been a lot more handy right now but it's whatever. I'm probably more concerned about the defence than the offence at this stage. I believe that Jones and Dillon as a backfield combo have the chance to be one of the best combos in the league.

Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre said he thinks Aaron Rodgers "will play somewhere else" before the latter's career is over.
"I guarantee you [the Jordan Love pick] got the wheels turning in Aaron's mind," Favre said in a recent appearance on The Rich Eisen Show. "It’s not Aaron’s job to mentor Jordan Love. All he needs is a reason [to play elsewhere]." Favre said he talked to Rodgers after the Love pick, but he declined to offer anything more into their conversation. The Hall of Famer is clearly all too familiar with the situation since it was a similar scenario that pushed him to Minnesota once the organization selected his successor, Rodgers, in the first round. The 36-year-old veteran still has four years left on his deal (with a potential out in 2022), but this ongoing circumstance will get uglier in the public eye much sooner than that. Rodgers still projects to be under center for the Packers this upcoming year.
SOURCE: Rich Eisen Show on Twitter
Apr 29, 2020, 3:41 PM ET

No Packers fan is pressing play on Skip

A quick summary for you then:

Rodgers numbers mean he's declining while Brady's don't.
Bob McGinn knows everything there is to know about the Packers, so it's 100% true.

❤️

Skip

ESPN's Rob Demovsky reports GM Brian Gutekunst, and not coach Matt LaFleur, was the driving force behind the Packers' first-round selection of QB Jordan Love.

"GM picks player" wouldn't normally qualify as breaking news, but it's been a pervasive rumor/perception over the past week that LaFleur drove the Love selection to send a message to ever-cranky Aaron Rodgers. Demovsky points out that Gutekunst began scouting quarterbacks during the run up to last year's draft, and actually attended one of Love's games in person in 2019. The line has been getting blurrier many places, but the Packers have maintained a structure of strict front office control over the 53-man roster. While both the local and national consensus has been that Rodgers will be less than thrilled with Love's arrival, the quarterback himself has not made waves, either directly or via leak.

Source: ESPN

Apr 30, 2020, 10:20 PM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back