What day is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really, because I'm still working, albeit from home. The lack of action at weekends is obviously pretty jarring but it's not quite at the point for me where the days are indistinguishable from each other.

Not going to work on weekdays. No footy, soccer, concerts, catch up with mates to look forward to at the weekends. Are you losing track of the days?

Every day feels the same and it's doing my head in

I guess it depends on your circumstances. We have an almost 11-month old, she goes to childcare four days a week with Tuesdays being the day where she stays at home. So Tuesdays always feel noticeably different for the simple reason of the extra background noise!

Monday, I guess, is the day where I'm back at work after the inactivity of the weekend, so that's fairly distinctive. I suppose if there is any tendency for my days to meld into each other a bit at the moment, it's therefore in the Wednesday to Friday block.

Bin night is my most exciting night of the week.
My bin tetris skillz have gone through the roof with iso.

As we've been getting many more packages delivered to limit shopping, as well having nappy boxes to dispose of, the amount of cardboard recycling we are churning out has gone through the roof in the past couple of months unfortunately. Our council only collects recycling on a fortnightly basis (I've never quite accepted this as okay given I grew up in a different LGA that was always weekly for both rubbish and recycling) and so by about day 10-11 of the fortnight our bin is getting to the point of being full to the brim. Never have I been more adept at making use of every single little skerrick of space available in that bin.

That said, we finally gave in to conventional wisdom and got council to deliver us a bigger one, starting from next fortnight.

Stir Fry on Tuesday and Pasta on Friday helps with remembering the week
Stuffs us up big time when that changes

During isolation I have an 8 day week. Fresh undies on, then back to front, then inside out right way, then inside out and backwards. I do that twice, and then I know it's 'take a shower' day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah we have a Friday household dinner with weekend leftovers which helps. Still have a handle on the days, but the weeks just seem to skip by before you know it. Also rarely have the house to yourself, and not for long, and with people working from home the days are fairly restrained and quiet.

I've always been pretty good at keeping myself busy and preoccupied regardless, so I never really drift into that retirementy state of calendar blur. I could manage living the rest of my life in lockdown (in theory, as in practice the external world supplies and stimulations and security would steadily crumble and make lockdown much worse than we currently have it).

I know when it's Friday and Saturday night in WA as Ch7 replay old West Coast and Freo games, this weekend we are treated to a couple of old Western Derbies.

Great if you're a West Coast or Freo supporter but there are plenty of other footy supporters here like me that don't barrack for either of the two WA clubs.

I reckon there would even be some West Coast and Freo supporters that wouldn't mind watching replays of some other games that don't feature their own clubs.

I reckon there would even be some West Coast and Freo supporters that wouldn't mind watching replays of some other games that don't feature their own clubs.
Something like the 04 Prelim at Footy Park would be great, won a nice bet on that and only listened to it on the radio at the time.

The second biggest day for beer sales after the super bowl in the US

iu

Im having a Mexican chicken chilli and a margarita

Remove this Banner Ad

Back