Rumour Neale wants to come home - Freo looking to pounce

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys don't actually believe he's wanting out?

No.

But hypothetically speaking, what would he cost in a trade and salary?

If he seriously wanted 'home', assuming Freo were keen to get him back, and assuming he'd nominate Freo:
  • He's 27 next month
  • We have a first and a second pick this year
  • Full quota of picks for next year (obviously)
  • Two years into a 5 year deal - so three years on his contract
  • Salary worth (reportedly) around 900K per year, so serious coin (but not getting paid at the moment)
  • Knowing the weags don't have the currency after selling the farm for Kelly, and (how are they doing it?) a bursting salary cap, so throwing their hat in,
AND
  • Currently AA (let's not mention he should have been at least once, if not twice with us... oops I mentioned it)
  • In Brisbane's leadership group
  • Their B&F
  • 3rd in the Brownlow (Let's just stop for a moment and reflect on who actually won it last year...)
  • 2 Doigs with us (+ 1 r/u)
  • In Freo's leadership group 2017, 2018
All adds up to a very impressive resumé. So HYPOTHETICALLY - what would we be looking at to get him back?

No.

If he seriously wanted 'home', assuming Freo were keen to get him back, and assuming he'd nominate Freo:
  • He's 27 next month
  • Salary worth (reportedly) around 900K per year, so serious coin (but not getting paid at the moment)
  • Knowing the weags don't have the currency after selling the farm for Kelly, and (how are they doing it?) a bursting salary cap, so throwing their hat in,
AND
  • Currently AA (let's not mention he should have been at least once, if not twice with us... oops I mentioned it)
  • Their B&F
  • 3rd in the Brownlow (Let's just stop for a moment and reflect on who actually won it last year...)
All adds up to a very impressive resumé. So HYPOTHETICALLY - what would we be looking at to get him back?
Ship has sailed, and probably one of the reasons we drafted Serong. Wait and see what Kelly costs long term
and the price we paid for Bell, Croad, Hogan.

No.

• He's 27 next month
AND
  • Their B&F
Hypothetically speaking for mine;
1 x top 10 and 1 x top 15

We effectively got pick 6 & Late 2nd round for Neale (combined/overall value was pick 3). The value I’m proposing above depends on the top 10 pick but would be around the value of pick 2-3.

For interests sake for Hogan we paid pick 6 and mid 2nd round (overall value was still pick 3). It was all part of a domino effect of trades (ie we needed 19 in the Neale trade for Lobb etc.).

All jokes aside the upcoming trade period will probably be the busiest we see.

I would love a list of players back in Victoria for us. I reckon some young Vic's may want to stay home if they've been living there the last couple of months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All jokes aside the upcoming trade period will probably be the busiest we see.

I would love a list of players back in Victoria for us. I reckon some young Vic's may want to stay home if they've been living there the last couple of months.

Why would anyone want to live in Victoria with Red Dan in charge? He has authorised police to do random searches of houses to make sure people are obeying isolation law FCS. I don't want to exaggerate too much but he is seriously one scary dude.
Expect Victoria to be the last one to relax any bar or club opening. I can't see why any of our group would see their future there.

This is how these rumours start on here: Someone hears something and rightly mocks it with tongue in cheek sarcasm like this thread is. Then someone parrots it earnestly. Then more people do. Pretty soon even those that mocked it originally are saying it honestly as the groundswell of chinese whispers grows on BigFooty and around footy discussions being had elsewhere.

...all the while being completely news to Lachie Neale when he hears it for the first time as some "journalist" repeats it as a discussion point on SEN or something as he laughs it off over a coffee.

*sigh* it'd be less depressing if it wasn't this predictable.
It’s 1984-esque.

Tell a lie often enough and the people will eventually accept it as the truth.

Besides he can’t come back. Sturt’s got #27 - he’d have nothing to wear.

It’s 1984-esque.

Tell a lie often enough and the people will eventually accept it as the truth.

Besides he can’t come back. Sturt’s got #27 - he’d have nothing to wear.

He ain’t getting 26.

I can’t see him returning to a WA team, but I can definitely see him returning post playing days.

Hypothetically, I wouldn't be giving up any more than our first pick for him.
2 First rounders would be fine as long as they're out of say - the top 10.
He's not old by any means but your probably looking at a guy with 2/3 years of his absolute best footy ahead of him and then some very solid football after that. You wouldn't really go hard for him unless you see that being a premiership window. He would definately improve the side by quite a margin though. We don't really have that number 2 guy to support Nat anymore.

Opening post of thread...

“ Heard it from a mate of a mate on this website I visit frequently. Definitely gonna happen.”

Been a long COVId-19 break if this is getting traction.

Then again his contract payment was cut by 30% this year so is $250k less. Sounds about what he’d get at Freo. Imagine him telling his pregnant wife who’s from WA that....

Opening post of thread...

“ Heard it from a mate of a mate on this website I visit frequently. Definitely gonna happen.”

Been a long COVId-19 break if this is getting traction.

Then again his contract payment was cut by 30% this year so is $250k less. Sounds about what he’d get at Freo. Imagine him telling his pregnant wife who’s from WA that....

Wait??!? It’s getting traction? Lol

The Lachie trade was my favourite of all time. The drama with the brisbane supporters and the drama on this board when Arcassius was betrayed by Tim.
Say what? i still catch up with Tim

And Lachie isnt ever coming back *

* No idea how much pull Jules has to change that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back