GoSaints12 Phantom Draft, Draft floor. 8am tomorrow start. Live trade of picks is on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 37 - Collingwood - Connor Downie (Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro) bid for Hawks Davo-27

I'll match the bid

Pick 37 - Hawthorn - Connor Downie - Eastern Ranges

Good hbf/wing player from our NGA, runs good lines, long kicking goal kicking player, kicked a few goals from outside 50, good outside player with the ability to play some inside mid also, good talent and I'm happy to pick him up, with pick 41 I won't lose too many spots for my next picks if any.

Last edited:
Hawks need 286 points to match.

Hawks next pick is 41, worth 412 points. which leaves a residual of 126 points, which equals slotting in at pick 62, and all subsequent picks move back a spot.

Pie 4 Life Collingwood get to pick again.

Pick 39 - Essendon
Zavier Maher
184cm 83kg
Midfielder
DR: 20-40

Strengths
Balance
Clean hands
Power/Acceleration
Tackling
Skills

Queries
Production
Versatility

- Maher is a tough one, he shares some similarities to players like Rowbottom and Sparrow as powerful mids but not the hugest disposal winner but he apparently had a delayed pre-season last year, a great kick considering he plays like a bull on the inside

Had plenty of players in the mix for this pick but Maher fit what I was going for most with a ready made big bodied mid, Maher also adds some power and good skills to the Essendon midfield that lacks a bit of both of those qualities.

Bailey Laurie would have been best available with others like Connor Stone, Jackson Cardillo and Bailey Chamberlain all in the mix aswel.

Last edited:
Who's he?
Murray 2020

Elijah Hollands (AH)
188cm 81kg
Forward/Midfielder
DR: 1-10

Strengths
Football smarts
Forward craft
Athleticism
Clean hands
Composure
Balance
Skills

Queries
ACL
Production

- Only got to show his midfield traits in the all-stars game and looked set to show more this year if not for the ACL, still a certain top 10 selection and is a Connor Rozee type

Zavier Maher (AH)
184cm 83kg
Midfielder
DR: 20-40

Strengths
Balance
Clean hands
Power/Acceleration
Tackling
Skills

Queries
Production
Versatility

- Maher is a tough one, he shares some similarities to players like Rowbottom and Sparrow as powerful mids but not the hugest disposal winner but he apparently had a delayed pre-season last year, a great kick considering he plays like a bull on the inside

Dominic Bedendo (AH)
187cm 72kg
Medium Forward
DR: 25-50

Strengths
Upside
Vertical leap
Speed
Overhead marking
Clan hands

Queries
Kicking
Production

- If there a late draft favourite for me its Bedendo he would be close to top 10 on potential alone with his athletic traits and scope. Overall impact on games is what he needs to work on and even if he played a full year I think he gets drafted on what he can do in 5 years time

Charlie Byrne (AH)
183cm 79kg
Rebound Defender
DR: 25-50

Strengths
Kicking
Composure
Football smarts
Clean hands
Agility
Run and carry

Queries
Production
Consistency

- Not many issues I have with Byrne and he might have been rated higher by others if he played for a Metro club, can play half back and wing and not a completely outside player either
-
Ethan Baxter
193cm 82kg
Key Defender
DR: Late

Strengths
Clean hands
Vision
Marking
Upside
Versatility

Queries
Production
Kicking

- An NGA prospect for Richmond he was an AA CHB at the 16 championships but sort of stagnated this year struggling to really show his wares, needs to lift his overall impact on games but has some upside, also a talented cricketer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, Freo should pass.

Yep, Freo should pass.
Interested observer here but in reality there isnt a hope freo will pass on Joel Western. He’s going to be a gun and they would match a bid from 15 onwards without thinking twice. He’s ahead of Brandon walker too at the moment in the real world..

Interested observer here but in reality there isnt a hope freo will pass on Joel Western. He’s going to be a gun and they would match a bid from 15 onwards without thinking twice. He’s ahead of Brandon walker too at the moment in the real world..
15 onwards. Wow. Way too high. I don’t think they would do that at all. Late 2nd early 3rd match for sure without blinking, but not earlier than that without thinking twice or even thrice

15 onwards. Wow. Way too high. I don’t think they would do that at all. Late 2nd early 3rd match for sure without blinking, but not earlier than that without thinking twice or even thrice
No chance of a top 30 bid for me, Walker also unlikely but as their isn’t a lot of speedy rebound defenders in this draft it could see him get a higher bid than expected.

Melbourne Pass
Not sure about this, but anyway, puts me up.
Going to keep Gosaints12 happy and not double down on small forward prospects with Laurie.

Coin toss leaves me with my original planned pick before taking Thilthorpe (much more than a ruck). Blues need a developing genuine ruck. Perfect time to take one with a year or two left for Kreuzer (we hope) and Casboult. I see this far preferable to taking a journeyman as a back up to TDK and Pittonet.

Pick 41 - Carlton - Henry Walsh

Young beanpole, while no "spectacular" traits, simply is a good ruckman. Needs to do a little more around the ground based on last year, but in all fairness, underage rucks rarely shine. Good enough to command a rep spot in his underage year. If he has the work rate of his "big brother" will be a quality player. Will also serve as "holder" alleviating the possibility of the Cats taking Henry and coming after Sam (thus selection perhaps earlier than projected by the "smarties")

Pretty sure Bastyy up next.

Last edited:
Not sure about this, but anyway, puts me up.
Going to keep Gosaints12 happy and not double down on small forward prospects with Laurie.

Coin toss leaves me with my original planned pick before taking Thilthorpe (much more than a ruck). Blues need a developing genuine ruck. Perfect time to take one with a year or two left for Kreuzer (we hope) and Casboult. I see this far preferable to taking a journeyman as a back up to TDK and Pittonet.

Pick 41 - Carlton - Henry Walsh

Young beanpole, while no spectacular traits, simply is a good ruckman. Needs to do a little more around the ground based on last year, but in all fairness, underage rucks rarely shine. Good enough to command a rep spot in his underage year. If he has the work rate of his "big brother" will be a quality player. Will also serve as "holder" alleviating the possibility of the Cats taking Henry and coming after Sam (thus selection perhaps earlier than projected by the "smarties")

Pretty sure Bastyy up next.
I passed because I was going of the rules of smaller squad lists that maybe coming in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back