Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

ok definitely making it May/June 2022 with my best mate instead of 2021

LA-Vegas-Salt Lake CIty-Denver-Chicago-Buffalo-Niagara Falls- Washington DC- Philadelphia-New York City- Boston-SPringfield-Syracuse-CLeveland-Canton-Pittsburgh-Harrisburg-Gettysburg then a week in New Jersey

NASCAR at Pocono looking forward to!

Curious to know why Harrisburg?
Lived there for 2 years. Boring dump.

LA-Vegas-Salt Lake CIty-Denver-Chicago-Buffalo-Niagara Falls- Washington DC- Philadelphia-New York City- Boston-SPringfield-Syracuse-CLeveland-Canton-Pittsburgh-Harrisburg-Gettysburg then a week in New Jersey

NASCAR at Pocono looking forward to!

Any reasons for Springfield/Syracuse? The Pennsylvania stops make sense for the NASCAR events, and Pittsburgh is a very underrated city. Where in New Jersey are you staying?

Any reasons for Springfield/Syracuse? The Pennsylvania stops make sense for the NASCAR events, and Pittsburgh is a very underrated city. Where in New Jersey are you staying?

Springfield is Men's Basketball Hall of Fame (Women's is in Knoxville - seen that 2 years ago), Revolution-Era Armory, Connecticut River

Syracuse just a chillax day - i'm going with my best mate who is an adventure type and he'll spend an arvo at world’s largest indoor suspended ropes course at Destiny USA while I check out Landmark Theatre, Clinton Square and Westcott Theatre

My Aunt and Uncle live in Trenton - a week and a half of free accomodation and chauffering! He''ll be taking me to Pocono for NASCAR.

If you have time in Denver I thought Boulder was a decent day trip, direct bus from the city with some decent scenery along the way.

And I have no idea on dates in pac-nw other than Oct 31 Boise.

Have a mate who lives in Seattle so I might see if I can crash there, and we might go on a road trip to Boise.
Thinking now

3 nights Honolulu (Boise State @ Hawaii)
3 nights TBD (My currently booked flights are return to Seattle and I arrive here then. Might do 2 stints Seattle, or extent Boise, or maybe do Yellowstone for a few days)
2 nights Boise (UNLV @ Boise State)
3 nights Seattle (San Francisco @ Seattle)

Thinking now

3 nights TBD (My currently booked flights are return to Seattle and I arrive here then. Might do 2 stints Seattle, or extent Boise, or maybe do Yellowstone for a few days)
nek minnut - cant do Yellowstone at that time of the year due to 95% of the park being shut :(

Thinking now

Thats a terrible trip of nothing but planes and airports and checking in and out of hotels. Atleast halve the number of places you plan on seeing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Covid has shown America is a Third World country, pretending to be First World.
Coronavirus has shown the world that it only takes one thing for first world countries to regress quickly to third world countries

Thats a terrible trip of nothing but planes and airports and checking in and out of hotels. Atleast halve the number of places you plan on seeing.
This is a quick cheap sporting trip.

Flying Adelaide to Honolulu - Overnight flight, so sleep
4 Full days (3 nights) on Oahu. 1 day to search the countryside. 1 day for the game vs Hawaii, 1 day to relax. (Screw shopping. Most cities in the world have everything) 1 day to do the Pearl Harbor stuff.
I can no longer go to Yellowstone (I have since found out most of the park shuts in early October. so will be shut for when im there) so ill probably just fly straight through to Boise (Honolulu-Seattle is an overnight flight, so sleep). Probably hire a car and do some driving around the Treasure Valley. Thinking heading out to Shoshone Falls. A hike through the foothills just outside the city. See the nature. Go to the Boise Game.
THen head back to Seattle. Go to 49ers vs Seahawks, Head out to the Boeing factory and have a tour. THen spend a day seeing Seattle (got a friend who lives there so can show me around)

This isn't a trip to see the country (that was 2014) I just want a quick trip to see specific things. Flights were cheap due to sales. Boise is a cheap city to stay in. Seattle I can have things covered. So the one concern is Honolulu. But hey, 4 days/3 nights is nice and quick.

Covid has shown America is a Third World country, pretending to be First World.
I laugh at your ignorance.

First/Second/Third World countries are terms from the Cold War

FIrst World Country = USA and their allies
Second World Country = USSR and their allies
Third World Country = Non-ALigned

Its a common misconception as 90% of 3rd world countries are the poorer countries in Africa, America and Asia. So people just associate it like that.

Only US state likely to re-open to Australia will be Hawaii. Oahu has less than 100 active cases and there are even less on the other islands. There does not seem to be any strategy in the other states except maybe a loose version of herd immunity. Meeting places such as cafes and bars are re-opening. Disney, Universal etc look to be opening in July.

Daily Virus cases are up to new heights in the usa at over 33 thousand.

And queensland wont open the stste border because victoria has 30 cases.

Not sure i will ever get to visit the states again unless Biden wins And turns this virus around.

Go biden. So we can holiday again. Some day. When we are old.

Biden just said there are 120 million deaths in the US due to the virus

Only US state likely to re-open to Australia will be Hawaii. Oahu has less than 100 active cases and there are even less on the other islands. There does not seem to be any strategy in the other states except maybe a loose version of herd immunity. Meeting places such as cafes and bars are re-opening. Disney, Universal etc look to be opening in July.

"But muh freeeeedumbs"

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back