GoSaints12 Phantom Draft, Draft floor. 8am tomorrow start. Live trade of picks is on.

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
Pick 62 - St Kilda - Josh Clarke, (Eastern Rangers)

The kid can mark, start a counter attack and has a good attitude. He plays off the Half-back flank. Welcome to the Saints Josh! Also another J name to go with our jacks.

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Pick 63 - Hawthorn - Clayton Gay - 183cm 71kg - Dandenong, I believe he is taller than his early 2019 height

One of the better general defenders coming out of the NAB League, plays taller than he is and just works hard, wins 1 v 1s and has that never give up mindset, can also go forward and kick a few goals which gives him versatility which the Hawks like in their recruits.

Mego Red it's your turn

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Adelaide Crows draft TARIEK NEWCHURCH at pick 64.

Tariek.png

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
With pick 65 the Western Bulldogs select Ben Kelly of the Murray Bushrangers.

I've gone with an overager who should have an AFL-ready frame. He's a 200+cm (I've seen 200 and 203), 100kg KPD/ruck. Dogs are in real need of a KPD who can lock down key forwards, and I think Ben could be that player. He's also able to back up Tim English in the ruck. I've had my eye on him since last year's mid-season draft.

Last edited:

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Pick 66 - Hawthorn - Thomas Panuccio - 179cm 73kg - Murray Bushrangers

Well balanced classy winger, saw him in about half a dozen games and was always impressive, under the radar talent imo.

Pick 67 - Hawthorn - Cooper Smith - 181cm 65kg - Bendigo Pioneers

Speed, speed and more speed, this kid is lightning and knows how to use the ball, either off half back or on a wing, his speed is an asset that makes him stand out for me, a bit of a Smokey pick, but he could pay off.

Gosaints12 you are up next

Last edited:

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
Pick 67 - Saints bid on Saxon Crozier. Brisbane Academy.

Kid can move the ball. Is a smooth mover. Ranked in the top 40 by a certain someone, (Davo-27). briztoon

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Southampton FC
Pick 68 - Sydney Swans - Josh Treacy 193cm 95kg (Bendigo Pioneers)

In my opinion, Josh Treacy is the best available at this pick. He has been playing for the Pioneers as a KPF with the added benefit of being able to take on ruck duties. During the 2019 nab league he managed to spend a limited time up field whilst playing snagging a goal a game.

A further look into Treacy see that he was being groomed to play a higher link man type role, exponentially increasing his I50s and maintaining his marks.

Treacy could have been higher if the season went as I think it wouldve, more midfield time. I am quite happy drafting him here for what he is - a big developed KPF who knows his position. He is not as athletically gifted as other but has enough nous to make it work.

Was a toss of a coin between Treacy, Fleeton Smith at this pick and would've been happy with any of these players

Last edited:

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Pick 68 - Sydney Swans - Josh Treacy 193cm 95kg (Bendigo Pioneers)

Best available at this pick IMO. Chucking up between a few. May have another pick if able... got 1 more that I wouldn't mind to pick up in round 5.

Write up to follow
Really interested to see how he performs if we get some sort of season.

Back