Unsolved Rhianna Barreau - Adelaide schoolgirl disappearance

Remove this Banner Ad

Was along the same lines too, butbthe police went with the acre ave nearbyhe deli, where the housemate saw her but they bavent confirmed any time now. Years ago it was 4pm, now they say her last confirmed sighting at 12:30pm, confusing hey!
Time is critiical in pinpointing who the offender is, last seen daytime.. 12pm, would suggest a shift worker, unemployed, on leave or pensioner.
4pm would suggest someone finishing work or any of the above. How many people finish work at that time?

A changing story or time line, may suggest an alteration of an alibi. or might just indicate a poor memory!

Mouthy as in ringing the police. He wants his victims to be found.he wants to relive their suffering. he wants to be known . He is a small dick man that needs the world to know he is a functioning sex god.

Hence the street attacks, hence the ringing of the police .

I am confused. He wont admit to it outside prison but he will admit to it inside the very prison where SO get it hard? Think about the logic fail in that statement

In company of another person, not alone.

Did he have an orange vehicle
Ok first up, I feel your a little bit ‘snappy’ at me, for whatever reason, however let my clarify a few things for you.

he rang the police on Jakic ONLY (mouthy once on the outside but very mouthy inside). Thats a fact. It was his brother that also rang crimestoppers as well as a friend. Why would your own brother ring if he wasnt worried about his brother murdering more people? He doesnt want his victims found by police you are also wrong there. He doesnt return to the victims, nothing, relives it in his head. Suzuki location was informant information.Jakic, no-one really gets why he did that, pwrhaps he felt sorry for her? Who knows.

inside prison there is a BIG difference between being a murderer/rapist & a child murderer/rapist. Thats fact. He already gets slapped often, if he was child offender, it would be totally different. If you think that statement is a fail, please feel free to ask anyone whos been locked up, they will tell you the difference..

now i stated that he has been trying to
implicate another inmate for her murder. Its the one he wont talk about unless he is ‘telling someone elses story’. His own mother suspected him of this crime too & told him to cough it up or she’ll ring the cops. He then wrote a letter to his lawyer about it all seeking advice.

And yet they didnt go to the police with this? Come on , not that stupid
Sapol have been given all of the investigation facts. With those facts however, is also sapols mistakes. This guy should never have been allowed tk walk the street unsupervised. I have read his interview on a earlier crime where the coppers knew he was stalking & did nothing to even watch him. They also knew he wasn’t medicated. Oh and curiously, after sapol were given these details, a load of gravel was llaced over the one area, out of a whole park. Figure that out. Sapol have failed to act on it, however in a couple of months, the investgator will be digging themselves.

Time is critiical in pinpointing who the offender is, last seen daytime.. 12pm, would suggest a shift worker, unemployed, on leave or pensioner.
4pm would suggest someone finishing work or any of the above. How many people finish work at that time?

A changing story or time line, may suggest an alteration of an alibi. or might just indicate a poor memory!
Thats the bit i dont get. In 92 all the way up til the last few years, it was last Seen at 4pm acre ave. The deli there where they are talking about is also where the housemate saw her, also they key man, although back a bit onto highwray drv where he saw her. Now all police are comfortable with saying she made it home from the shops.

Does anyone rate the Torana sighting?
To me if you were followed by a modified 73 four door Torana in 92. most likely it was driven by a teenager and packed with other teenagers.
Its just what I remember of the era. In 92 it was probably a kids first car.
Do police have the correct model?, I remember seeing a nice white SLR at one time, its was driving in the same area.
Three of my high shool friends had toranas, this was late 80s. some were nice cars, two were in showroom condition.
One car in particular was a white 1972 LC S pack, like the one in the photo. complete with a rear small spoiler. it was traded to bob moran used cars.
I really dont think the torry is in the picture other than police would like to speak to them.

to have an identkit & car on a perp & then just leave it? There was a torry around at the time, i read a lot of a db post that he was a twat, possibly looking to break j to cars.

i think police havent seen much in the torru anymore, the retired detective even said they weren’t even sure it was white, more confusing!

Again she answered the door - thats all we can speculate on.
Where has it been stated she answered the door? All they could say was that she did leave the house at some point after she went to the shop for rhe card. She left the house & locked the door behind her. Then we have 2 4pm sighting where she was alone. So IF she answered her door & taken from there, how could age been seen at 4?

I
Mouthy as in ringing the police. He wants his victims to be found.he wants to relive their suffering. he wants to be known . He is a small dick man that needs the world to know he is a functioning sex god.

Hence the street attacks, hence the ringing of the police .

I am confused. He wont admit to it outside prison but he will admit to it inside the very prison where SO get it hard? Think about the logic fail in that statement

In company of another person, not alone.

Did he have an orange vehicle

In the company of another person? What do you mean? That made no sense at all.

I think he has a suspect and fits facts and ignores others

This is what you are doing here. You have Rust and you are fitting facts and ignoring others
You can think that if you like. Thats fine your entitled to do so.

If I could publish the intel ive been privy to I would.

Im not making the guy fit, he does that himself.

Police said this man tried to entice a 13-year-old girl into a white, early model Holden Torana sedan about the same time Rhianna disappeared.

Just what these suspicious activities were has never been revealed by the police, but they all involved a white Holden Torana with Victorian registration plates.

F691F644-C92C-4269-8D1E-00705A7D36DC.jpeg

Last edited:
I really dont think the torry is in the picture other than police would like to speak to them.

to have an identkit & car on a perp & then just leave it? There was a torry around at the time, i read a lot of a db post that he was a twat, possibly looking to break j to cars.

i think police havent seen much in the torru anymore, the retired detective even said they weren’t even sure it was white, more confusing!
Yep.. perhaps it did more harm than good so they have dropped the sighting of car and 4pm sighting?

Yep.. perhaps it did more harm than good so they have dropped the sighting of car and 4pm sighting?
I dont know what the answer is. The details for quite a while have slowly dropped off. Even if you couldnt track the car, wouldnt you promote the picture along with the car so people would make a connection? You basically have a pic of a POI wouldnt you persue that avenue?

anybody know the age of the brother? (at the time).
Also did the mother have any male friends that had access to the house. Or any ex-boy friends?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crime stoppers- Dropped the mention of the 4pm sightings and torana. posted 2019-
*************************************************************************************************
It has now been 27 years since teenager Rhianna Barreau disappeared without a trace from her home.

The 12-year old went missing from her home address at Wakefield Avenue, Morphett Vale on Wednesday 7 October 1992.

Rhianna lived at home with her mother and brother, who were both not at home at the time of her disappearance.

On that fateful day Rhianna decided to visit the nearby Southgate Shopping Centre at Reynella to purchase a Christmas card for her American pen pal.

Because there was a bus strike that day, she walked.

After her mother left for work, it appears Rhianna remained at home until mid-morning.

There was a positive sighting of her at 10.30am walking towards the Reynella newsagency.

The last known sighting of her was at 12.30pm on Highway Drive, between the Morphett Vale High School and the Stanvac Primary School.

It is believed that Rhianna returned home because the card she purchased was found on a dining room table — although precisely what time and what then occurred remains a mystery.

She is suspected to have been murdered.

While there are several persons of interest who are believed to have information concerning Rhianna’s disappearance, there is no definitive suspect.

A reward of up to $1,000,000 remains on offer to anyone who either provides information leading to the recovery of her remains or information leading to a conviction in the case.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or at www.crimestopperssa.com.au

Also did the mother have any male friends that had access to the house. Or any ex-boy friends?
There has been nothing stated or speculated about that aspect so could assume no, but that information would only come from a family or friend source. I would think sapol travelled that road in their investigation as someone like that, Rhianna would trust and leave with IMO.

Id like to know who the housemate was next door that was also a witness.

I’ll try to find out the brothers age at the time, he was a couple of years older than her.

The Wakefield street house has come up for sale twice in recent times, both set of photos can be seen on real estate .com. The house sits opposite a narrow reserve, so there's no nosey neighbour offering protection. Two houses flank this reserve but don’t have a clear line of site to the old house.
Explaining why there were no witnesses to her movement out of the house

The house directly to the south was a little run down in the past, photos show it has been cleaned up as times gone by. The detective Allen Arthur suggested the killer lived close, but its hard to imagine neighbours being involved. It hard to guage during this corona crissis, who is home and who is normally at work.

There has been nothing stated or speculated about that aspect so could assume no, but that information would only come from a family or friend source. I would think sapol travelled that road in their investigation as someone like that, Rhianna would trust and leave with IMO.

Id like to know who the housemate was next door that was also a witness.

I’ll try to find out the brothers age at the time, he was a couple of years older than her.
Brother was 15 in 1992 Im same age and had a few classes with him when I went to MV High 93.

Brother was 15 in 1992 Im same age and had a few classes with him when I went to MV High 93.
Would there be any new information you could provide regarding this case? Some time ago I read comments about the white torana being a general pest in the area and not necessarily related to this case. It’s strange how police haven’t placed focus on the suspect picture over the years. I feel if they thought he was responsible they would’ve focused on this more than they have.

Would there be any new information you could provide regarding this case? Some time ago I read comments about the white torana being a general pest in the area and not necessarily related to this case. It’s strange how police haven’t placed focus on the suspect picture over the years. I feel if they thought he was responsible they would’ve focused on this more than they have.
I do remember that the Police smashed the s**t out of the Torana lead quite extensively early on,anyone who owned a white Torana and lived in area was spoken to,They put a line thru that avenue of inquiry pretty early on.

I do remember that the Police smashed the s**t out of the Torana lead quite extensively early on,anyone who owned a white Torana and lived in area was spoken to,They put a line thru that avenue of inquiry pretty early on.
They certainly did and now it seems to be a ‘car of interest’ not a focus but more so the possible POI picture has also seemed to drop off the details as well.

Were there any dodgey guys in the area? dudes that would stand in their front yards at school home time.
Trying to strike up a coversation with girls passing by. thats how I kind of invisage how it all started.
Somebody in the area watching her.

Were there any dodgey guys in the area? dudes that would stand in their front yards at school home time.
Trying to strike up a coversation with girls passing by. thats how I kind of invisage how it all started.
Somebody in the area watching her.
Thats why Id like to know who the ‘housemate’ (neighbour) was.

Back in the day when Stanvac PS was there, could you mark up on the map how that was? I remembered all of the area being school grounds (no houses) and the PS backed onto the HS.

Attachments

• E6CDBF06-DE21-4ED3-B795-ECF0056B9286.png
    E6CDBF06-DE21-4ED3-B795-ECF0056B9286.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 93
Back in the day when Stanvac PS was there, could you mark up on the map how that was? I remembered all of the area being school grounds (no houses) and the PS backed onto the HS.
Where that rectangular clump of dirt is to the south of MVHS,If you got off bus out front of deli and walked North towards MVHS there was a gravel bike path and you could cut thru Stanvac Primary,from memory there wernt many trees around,quite open.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back