Analysis 2020 North apparel

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The 2017 one just looked like they were trying to use the left over orange material.

Bit like the Melbourne public transport buses and trams back in the early 80s which, as legend has it, were all painted orange because the Vic Govt got a bargain deal on the unwanted orange paint from GMH after they stopped making Toranas.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The 2017 one just looked like they were trying to use the left over orange material.

Bit like the Melbourne public transport buses and trams back in the early 80s which, as legend has it, were all painted orange because the Vic Govt got a bargain deal on the unwanted orange paint from GMH after they stopped making Toranas.
At least the orange works with the blue. Yes it's out there but it is effective if done right.

1000000x better than matching blue with ******* turquoise like they did last year. Even good looking apparel was ruined by that s**t colour.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dunno WTF "high fashion" has to do with a tough working class football club.

I like to look good as often as possible. Look good, feel good. puff the chest out, shoulders back.

I think versatility is important.

When I buy North gear I don't want it to be limited to a certain situation. I'd prefer to be able to wear it anywhere and it still look acceptable.

1574381446063.png

2017 allowed that. 2016, 2018, and 2019 did not.

Sep 21, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wanted to buy a new nmfc hoodie And support the club with some new merch so went into Rebel to try one on before ordering from the Roo Shop.

Compared to other clubs ours is just awful and changed my mind pretty quickly after trying it on.

Feels cheap, it’s shiny, and has a disgusting embossed plastic logo. Good luck keeping warm in it as well.

Canterbury needs to offer up something like ISC does for the NRL. Good winter hoodies for standing in the outer.

Wanted to buy a new nmfc hoodie And support the club with some new merch so went into Rebel to try one on before ordering from the Roo Shop.

Compared to other clubs ours is just awful and changed my mind pretty quickly after trying it on.

Feels cheap, it’s shiny, and has a disgusting embossed plastic logo. Good luck keeping warm in it as well.

Canterbury needs to offer up something like ISC does for the NRL. Good winter hoodies for standing in the outer.
After the first hoodie (which was excellent) I added one on as a permanent addition in my membership package. They really vary but have never reached the same heights. While everything you say is correct this year’s version is surprisingly warm and water resistant compared to what you would think looking at it.

It's pretty clear to me in retrospect that North Melbourne f*cking us around and coming up with that stupid pinstripe number is the reason for this whole pandemic. I hope they've learnt their lesson.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Which hoodie are you talking about? The training hoodie or the ultra hoodie? I got the training hoodie and it definitely has embroidered logos. And it's remarkably warm despite being light and thin.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

The zip up hoodie they’ve put out this year is the absolute 🦆’s nuts.

Back