News Footy Is Coming Back Baby

Remove this Banner Ad

I was referring to your edited comment about the the meat processing plant. I’ve got no idea what’s happening with the footy.

Do not have written source only that it was reported on 7 news that that meat works was a financial supporter of the labour government.

Do not have written source only that it was reported on 7 news that that meat works was a financial supporter of the labour government.
No idea whether there’s an issue of impropriety here (as you seem to be hinting) or not, but I hope you’ll be as quick to call out big business donors to the conservatives when they get favourable treatment from the federal government. You’ll be kept pretty busy!

Just to make my position clear, buying political favour is counter-democratic wherever it happens ... and it happens all over the political landscape, so it’s not just one party or the other.

So by all means do call it out but be aware of it right across the board.

What's it got to do with
a) coronavirus
b) footy coming back
?

Yeah it will good to stick the footy side of things, like what the team is going to be, how are going to get back to winning, how are we going to handle the change in coaching structure etc, etc.

My souurce

Federal sports minister Richard Colbeck says the AFL season will be able to resume without quarantine hubs if Covid-19 cases continue to decline. There is growing optimism that the 2020 competition – which was put on hold in March after just one round – could resume by the end of June.

Um, hate to be a BO (opposite of Optimistic Bulldog/Dog) but apparently it's not coming back....hubs are out.

Please quote your source

Heard Eddie McGuire/Nathan Buckley talking about it on radio - prob SEN, can't see much about it except it prob came from this talk

Will they won't they
Good luck with the footy - it's a may-be

Disappointing that Libs are using schools as herd immunity
I’m a Grandad how do I go picking up my Grand son?
Unfortunately I have to back Dan on this one
Politics / Populism not a fan

Side bar - NSW just hate the Storm don’t they
We could play VFL :)

I’m still so scarred from that round 1 performance that I’ve got no excitement in actually seeing us play again anytime soon. The AFL in general yes but another performance like our last two and the vultures will start to circle. Hopefully get a soft draw first up or the boys actually have a crack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m still so scarred from that round 1 performance that I’ve got no excitement in actually seeing us play again anytime soon. The AFL in general yes but another performance like our last two and the vultures will start to circle. Hopefully get a soft draw first up or the boys actually have a crack.
Agreed. Im more excited about having footy back in general and watching other sides. I'm interested in seeing how the Saints go this year with all of their new recruits.

I get the feeling from a lot of interviews and podcasts that all of the players and coaches expected that we would be better this year due to our recruits and "organic growth". I think they all thought we could just add Bruce and Keith and we would instantly be a top four side. It seems that we got complacent and were drinking our own bathwater once again off the back of an okay second half of last season.

Last edited:
Whoever we play first up I'll be very disappointed if there isn't a fair bit of fire in the belly. They should still be stinging after that effort against Collingwood. I'm certain they're better than that.

Some of it rests with Bevo and a lot of it rests with the boys themselves, but some of this rests with the Bont too. It's OK being a popular nice guy and all round good human being but as captain he also needs to be a hard arse sometimes.

It's unfortunate he's being tested like this so early in his career as captain but it could also be the making of him.
"Stick it right up 'em!"

Whoever we play first up I'll be very disappointed if there isn't a fair bit of fire in the belly. They should still be stinging after that effort against Collingwood. I'm certain they're better than that.

Some of it rests with Bevo and a lot of it rests with the boys themselves, but some of this rests with the Bont too. It's OK being a popular nice guy and all round good human being but as captain he also needs to be a hard arse sometimes.

It's unfortunate he's being tested like this so early in his career as captain but it could also be the making of him.
"Stick it right up 'em!"
Any excitement I have for the year quickly disappears whenever I remember that Bevo had Cordy kicking it in in Round 1.

That inexplicable and deliberate weirdness from Bevo is the kind of thing that would have me turning the TV off.

I can cope with good plans not working out but that was just Bevo being purposefully obtuse to the detriment of the team. For all his positives I think he has a major problem with thinking too far outside of the box.

This will get you excited hazza21, 2020 not been a great year for stats, enjoy.

Round 1: (2020) Versus Collingwood
Players 1-6: = 467 points
Players 7-12: = 345 points
Players 13-18: = 253 points
Players 19-22: = 56 points
Total Points = 1,121

Elimination Final: (2019) Versus GWS (Lowest of the year)
Players 1-6: = 568 points
Players 7-12: = 382 points
Players 19-22: = 118 points
Total Points = 1,321

Round 7: (2019) Versus Richmond (Highest of the year)
Players 1-6: = 729 points
Players 7-12: = 553 points
Players 13-18: = 411 points
Players 19-22: = 180 points
Total Points = 1,873

Now I could incorporate every game of (2019) including finals, but why rub it
in, these three examples illustrate the lustre of Round 1: (2020). It pays to
remember the quote from the Dark Knight, "It is always darkest before the
dawn".

The timing MT was delicious, lover of stats. ;)

This will get you excited hazza21, 2020 not been a great year for stats, enjoy.

Round 1: (2020) Versus Collingwood
Players 1-6: = 467 points
Players 7-12: = 345 points
Players 19-22: = 56 points
Total Points = 1,121

Elimination Final: (2019) Versus GWS (Lowest of the year)
Players 1-6: = 568 points
Players 7-12: = 382 points
Players 19-22: = 118 points
Total Points = 1,321

Round 7: (2019) Versus Richmond (Highest of the year)
Players 1-6: = 729 points
Players 7-12: = 553 points
Players 13-18: = 411 points
Players 19-22: = 180 points
Total Points = 1,873

Now I could incorporate every game of (2019) including finals, but why rub it
in, these three examples illustrate the lustre of Round 1: (2020). It pays to
remember the quote from the Dark Knight, "It is always darkest before the
dawn".

The timing MT was delicious, lover of stats. ;)
So 20% more points in R1 compared to the previous game! At that rate of improvement we will be smashing it after a few games How long before it’s enough for a win though ?

So 20% more points in R1 compared to the previous game! At that rate of improvement we will be smashing it after a few games How long before it’s enough for a win though ?
200 Ranking Points less than our lowest tally in 2019 which was the prelim, Fossie 32
not sure you have a firm grasp, here is something that you will like I finally had the
test for Covid19 on Thursday last week day 54 of my Covid diary. The girl who probed
my throat and nostrils was smoking hot underneath her protective gear.

200 Ranking Points less than our lowest tally in 2019 which was the prelim, Fossie 32
not sure you have a firm grasp, here is something that you will like I finally had the
test for Covid19 on Thursday last week day 54 of my Covid diary. The girl who probed
my throat and nostrils was smoking hot underneath her protective gear.
Not realistic comparing 2020 stats to anything prior though, given we are playing 16 minute quarters. 20% less playing time.

Not realistic comparing 2020 stats to anything prior though, given we are playing 16 minute quarters. 20% less playing time.
True B.H.S the drop off in total possessions was quite high across all the teams which
gives us stats nerds plenty to monitor and peruse. Total scores versus game time
will be fascinating regarding the question is there a dead zone in games similar to
the middle overs of a fifty over one day cricket match.

"Stick it right up 'em!"

I'd get Bont to spend a week with Rick Kennedy and then Jim Edmond to learn about being a tough hard arsed captain of the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back