Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn’t Brad “disappointed” that we flew the flag too? I seem to remember something about that.
Hodge and Lewis almost got lauded for stamping their authority on us too.
I feel like RS has brought a bit of that Brutal North back.

And I quote:
"Andrew Swallow was really disappointed with his reaction," Scott said on Wednesday.

"Immediately after the Hodge incident, we gave away a free kick which resulted in a centre-bounce goal.

"We conceded the lead we had at the time. We conceded the momentum because we were supposedly flying the flag.

"Flying the flag is just crap."

Wasn’t Brad “disappointed” that we flew the flag too? I seem to remember something about that.
Hodge and Lewis almost got lauded for stamping their authority on us too.
I feel like RS has brought a bit of that Brutal North back.
The worst thing is we didn’t even fly the flag. Brad had a crack at the playing group and we basically didn’t do s**t.
Can’t believe he lasted four more years.

The worst thing is we didn’t even fly the flag. Brad had a crack at the playing group and we basically didn’t do s**t.
Can’t believe he lasted four more years.
I thought he was right about that.

I thought we did. Just not very well.

We were in front. They reignited memories of the year before and we spent the rest of the game trying to win the fight instead. It was dumb footy, we got played like idiots.

I think our current coach might be the sort of coach who can stop that tho.

I thought we did. Just not very well.
I thought he was right about that.

We were in front. They reignited memories of the year before and we spent the rest of the game trying to win the fight instead. It was dumb footy, we got played like idiots.

I think our current coach might be the sort of coach who can stop that tho.
They beat us physically and mentally.
To reiterate my point I don’t believe we flew the flag to the point it warranted (Hodge and Lewis should never have walked off the ground)

Players who came from other clubs, but failed to reach 50 games for NMFC 1990-2019 (currently listed players not included)

B: K.Reynolds, J.Hay, K.Green
HB: F.Ray, J.Rawlings, S.Power
C: M.Armstrong (c), R.Olarenshaw, B.Robbins
HF: D.Calthorpe, R.Dennis, T.Nichols
F: R.Nahas, A.Mellington, G.Dhurrkay
Foll: M.Gallagher, B.Chandler, M.Stevens
Int: N.Hrovat, J.McLaren, B.Hartung, B.Plain
Coach: S.Alves (never coached North, and was pre-1990, but as a GF coach otherwise fits the criteria as a player)

39 players were eligible for selection. Those that are in the twos this week are - C.Dilena, M.Christensen, G.Page, B.Bower, G.Eppelstun, G.John, J.Kirzner, C.Groom, D.Bourke, S.Harvey, L.Picioane, C.Thurley, D.McConnell, B.Davies, B.McKinley, T.Hine, J.Tippett.

Of those in the side we have
Premiership players - Olarenshaw, Calthorpe, Dennis
Grand Final players - Green, Ray
Club leading goalkickers - Mellington, Rawlings
All-Australian - Hay
Rising stars - Olarenshaw, Hay, Rawlings, Hrovat, Hartung
Whitten Medallist - Calthorpe

Matty Armstrong gets the captaincy due to almost becoming the most significant NMFC player in the team - played 18 games in a premiership year only to be dropped for the Grand Final for a player who, premiership aside, had an inferior career.

Players who came from other clubs, but failed to reach 50 games for NMFC 1990-2019 (currently listed players not included)

B: K.Reynolds, J.Hay, K.Green
HB: F.Ray, J.Rawlings, S.Power
C: M.Armstrong (c), R.Olarenshaw, B.Robbins
HF: D.Calthorpe, R.Dennis, T.Nichols
F: R.Nahas, A.Mellington, G.Dhurrkay
Foll: M.Gallagher, B.Chandler, M.Stevens
Int: N.Hrovat, J.McLaren, B.Hartung, B.Plain
Coach: S.Alves (never coached North, and was pre-1990, but as a GF coach otherwise fits the criteria as a player)

39 players were eligible for selection. Those that are in the twos this week are - C.Dilena, M.Christensen, G.Page, B.Bower, G.Eppelstun, G.John, J.Kirzner, C.Groom, D.Bourke, S.Harvey, L.Picioane, C.Thurley, D.McConnell, B.Davies, B.McKinley, T.Hine, J.Tippett.

Of those in the side we have
Premiership players - Olarenshaw, Calthorpe, Dennis
Grand Final players - Green, Ray
Club leading goalkickers - Mellington, Rawlings
All-Australian - Hay
Rising stars - Olarenshaw, Hay, Rawlings, Hrovat, Hartung
Whitten Medallist - Calthorpe

Matty Armstrong gets the captaincy due to almost becoming the most significant NMFC player in the team - played 18 games in a premiership year only to be dropped for the Grand Final for a player who, premiership aside, had an inferior career.

Really thought McKinkey would be something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Following on from the last team - those we got from other teams who didn't really give us long service - this is the opposite. Good NMFC servants who, for whatever reason, left to play for other teams. Some came back to the club. In VFL/AFL history, there have been 182 such players. But I'm just doing AFL history - 1990 onwards

B: J.Gibson, M.Martyn, A.Clarkson
HB: B.Pickett, L.Brown, M.Pike
C: D.Harris, D.Wells, W.Schwass
HF: G.Freeborn, W.Carey, B.Allison
F: L.Thomas, D.Petrie, A.Rock
Foll: C.McKernan, R.Bastinac, P.Bell
Int: D.Hale, L.Greenwood, J.Romero, N.Grima
Coach: D.Pagan

Last edited:
Following on from the last team - those we got from other teams who didn't really give us long service - this is the opposite. Good NMFC servants who, for whatever reason, left to play for other teams. Some came back to the club. In VFL/AFL history, there have been 182 such players. But I'm just doing AFL history - 1990 onwards

B: S.Gibson, M.Martyn, A.Clarkson

Just thinking about this one, Baker, Cowton, Ramsay all came back.

Have to be a few others.

B: S.Gibson, M.Martyn, A.Clarkson

That list doesn't make me feel very nice.

B: J.Gibson, M.Martyn, A.Clarkson
I’d forgotten all about Fruity’s 9 games with Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back