Who is the biggest deal to come out of your home town/suburb?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
I'll start. I'm originally from Haywards Heath in the UK, which is also the birthplace of Natasha Bedingfield and the chick who played Effy Stonem on Skins.

Last edited:

Possibly Owen & Tyler Wright. Same surf club generation and practically lived on the same beach. Moved there in mid 90s (before Owen started school) so the eldest Tim was the first person I knew of from the family.

At my 1998 Swimming Carnival Owen (who'd just turned 8) was by far the youngest in the U10 100m race (most other kids his age would've struggled to swim that far competitively), so we were surprised when he turned out to be an absolute fish and blew everyone else out of the water. Definite Aquaman physique that one for a vegetarian, probably could've pursued Ironman if he never took up (the more lucrative) surfing.

Saw less of Tyler, but she always had that gutsy spunk about her, especially in anything board-related, so you knew she'd probably have the fire to become a big deal.

A gold medal winning Olympian, a few muso 2 very famous globally 1 famous in Australia, quite a few footballers a couple of actors a comedian

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubhouse leader.
I really wanted it to be Merv but he was born in Euroa and raised in Werribee, so doesn't count.

boon.jpg

Corio.

One of my best mates was the SA and WA state manager for Macquarie Private Wealth, he's now the General Manager for Morgan's Financial in SA and his little sister was Julia Gillard's PA when she was PM. his younger brother who I played footy with is a petrochemical engineer. Not a bad trio of siblings from struggle town.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back